• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his mom ..

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Houston CB William Jackson III has been mentioned a few times in this thread, I post this article:

Jackson has dad to thank for UH cornerback's turnaround in life

Really hope he makes his mark in the league. Unlikely that Denver drafts him, but Houston Cougars do have a history of transitioning into fine Broncos (i.e., Riley Odoms, Simon Fletcher, Glen Cadrez, and Alton Montgomery).
IN case you didn't see this article, TDs3.

Action Jackson: Combine effort might vault corner into top round

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have fallen in love with

Vernon Butler!!!!!

I'll have to check him out. I've been watching quite a bit of Sheldon Rankins and I honestly am struggling to see why he is so high for so many. I mean at the Senior Bowl I get it he dominated. I have watched the practices and yeah nobody quite dominated like he did but actual games I see him disappear for 3/4 of the game where he is just doing nothing to impact the game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless its a LT don't want a O Line in the first. I think there may be a run on Olineman anyways pushing a DT ot RB (Zeke) to our range.
I'll have to check him out. I've been watching quite a bit of Sheldon Rankins and I honestly am struggling to see why he is so high for so many. I mean at the Senior Bowl I get it he dominated. I have watched the practices and yeah nobody quite dominated like he did but actual games I see him disappear for 3/4 of the game where he is just doing nothing to impact the game.

It would be interesting to compare the talking heads to Kollar and the guys in our FO. I would love to see Koller break down tape of a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details. Why, Position etc.

Well DC can speak for himself but this is what I saw. He is a NT weighing in at 325 lbs. He has really long strong arms that allow him to keep OL away from his body letting him shed blockers very well. He does a great job of using his hands to fight off guys. Quicker than you would think (don't let his 40 time deceive you). Most likely drafting him though would mean trying to push Sly Williams to the outside a bit more. I could see the team if this is the direction they decide to go early on in the draft of having Sly lose maybe 10-15 lbs this off season and see if maybe our answer at DE is already on the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless its a LT don't want a O Line in the first. I think there may be a run on Olineman anyways pushing a DT ot RB (Zeke) to our range.

It would be interesting to compare the talking heads to Kollar and the guys in our FO. I would love to see Koller break down tape of a player.

To me it depends on the OL player and what the Broncos want to do this off season. There are some guys for the OL that should possibly make it to our pick that I really like. Cody Whitehair is a guy that is quickly climbing up my list. He just makes playing OL look so effortless. He has some of the best feet I have seen coming out of college. Now he probably wouldn't play one of the tackle spots but I do think he will be a Pro Bowl caliber Guard even year 1. Jason Spriggs is another that with a little bit of coaching could really prove to do well on the OL. Shon Coleman in my opinion is just as athletically gifted as the guys going in the top-5 picks of the draft just needs a ton of technique work. I could be more than ok with any of those 3 being our 1st round pick on the OL.

I'm also starting to get a little more excited at the idea of us taking an Ezekiel Elliot or even Derrick Henry. I watched the National Championship game last night and Henry man when that guy can get up to full speed he just looks unstoppable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post something about Ifedi, but stopped because I figured that I complain too much ..

I saw an article mention that we are "targeting" him, which I hope is false .. Unless we're targeting him in the 4th or 5th round ..

His out of control style makes him look unsure, almost as if the opposition is in his head .. He doesn't look strong or confident, as he is constantly moving backwards ( the 3rd play that begins at :20 illustrates this )

I just watched his game against Ole Miss and yeah saw many of the same problems. To me in our system he would be limited to playing the RT spot and I'm not sure he would be much better than what we could put there right now. You are right from the look of his game he doesn't look comfortable. The Ole Miss game was a road game and almost every snap he was close to jumping off sides. Now you could look at that as he did a great job of timing up the snap on the road or at least from what I could tell kind of like in the Super Bowl with the Panthers OL afraid of us getting by them it lead to them jumping early.

Right now for me OL wise of guys that stand a chance of being available where we pick are in order

1) Cody Whitehair
2) Jason Spriggs
3) Shon Coleman
4) Taylor Decker

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH Carl basically answered the question above. His college is Louisiana Tech. Love his motor, production and versatility. Really stands out on tape to me. I love his quickness for his size. Great at getting off the block.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEONTE CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH Carl basically answered the question above. His college is Louisiana Tech. Love his motor, production and versatility. Really stands out on tape to me. I love his quickness for his size. Great at getting off the block.

Chris Jones is still probably my favorite DL guy. He doesn't have the moves and counter moves that you need to find consistent success but man his raw talent is pretty impressive. Even without all the technique he still put up some decent numbers for playing in the SEC. His 1.7 10 yard split at the combine just really confirmed that great first step to get into the backfield.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones has surely climbed my list in recent weeks.

I like Kenny Clark a little better then I first did too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones has surely climbed my list in recent weeks.

I like Kenny Clark a little better then I first did too.

Haven't watched him yet. What are your thoughts on Shon Coleman for the OL? What would be your order right now of guys you would like in the 1st for the OL if that is the direction we decided to go?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is sorta what Sylvester Williams was to me, a pick that makes sense. A pick that I get, and am not upset about but not a pick I would be doing chart wheels for. But he makes a lot of sense to me if we do go that route. I keep thinking about what I would do at the OL position, part of it involves an early pick, part of it doesn't so it just depends on FA, but I like Coleman. I don't think it is a major steal or anything like that at #31, but it does make sense.

Decker
Conklin
Coleman
Spriggs
Ifedi

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones is still probably my favorite DL guy. He doesn't have the moves and counter moves that you need to find consistent success but man his raw talent is pretty impressive. Even without all the technique he still put up some decent numbers for playing in the SEC. His 1.7 10 yard split at the combine just really confirmed that great first step to get into the backfield.

this is kind of graphic and if you don't want to see his package don't hit link ...lol

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjomZ37Jxw&h=oAQGM2Ivh

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also CD I am guessing something on that kid is mighty raw today ..:dhd: