• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far down would Jaylon Smith have to fall with his ACL before you pull a trade up.
Far enough to not give up our 1st and 2nd.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft isn't the worst one I have seen. I really like the 1st round pick. I love guys that are aggressive from the snap of the ball and to me Sheldon Day and Chris Jones are 2 of the top guys for this. I also think Jones would fit perfectly with what Kollar will want to teach him.

I could see the Broncos possibly going RB in round 2. I just don't like who they picked for us. He has been very injury prone going back to high school which is why he had to go the small school method. To me Booker of Utah and Dixon of LA Tech are much better fits and don't have quite the red flags.

I really love the Kentrell Brothers pick. He is not quite the freak athlete that you would like but the guy just is a great football player. He is both good in the run and pass game. I just worry that he has maximized his abilities because of his lack of athleticism. Still would love this pick.

Matt Judon in the 3rd while he looks like a promising player I just don't see the fit with the team. We are already pretty full at the OLB spot so to me using a 3rd round pick on a guy that would struggle to even make the roster just doesn't make much sense.

John Theus makes sense. Needs some work in the weight room but could really do well in a year or so playing at either tackle spot. I view him as the guy that takes Schofield's spot and doesn't leave us cringing every play if he is asked to play.
There's a rb I like that Denver could prob get in 4th maybe is Josh Ferguson from Illinois. Would be great replacement for the Hilman role. Great receiving skills. Sleeper sneaker potential IMO anyway. Good rb size. Don't know if he's had any injury issues or off field problems though..:)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually give up our first and second for Jaylon! Yes, I am crazy.
Yeah, I probably would, too. But it'd be a lot cooler if we only gave up a first and third.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually give up our first and second for Jaylon! Yes, I am crazy.

Yeah, I probably would, too. But it'd be a lot cooler if we only gave up a first and third.

You two are nuts !! .. Nuts I tell you

He won't even see the field until 2017

geesh, and I thought I was crazy liking The Pacer

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shit. A first and a second?. Oh well, not the craziest thing I've heard on lately anyway by far. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you can get a guy that, IMO, will be as good as Patrick Willis, you wouldn't give up the last pick of the first two rounds? :2cents:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you can get a guy that, IMO, will be as good as Patrick Willis, you wouldn't give up the last pick of the first two rounds? :2cents:
Where can I get me one of those crystal balls? :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I brought up his name because I think Denver could afford to wait on him
If they thought he'd be 100% near the end of the season

I hear he could play inside or outside

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where can I get me one of those crystal balls? :)
It called a television. ;). I'm convinced Jaylon is going to be a star. Yes, he will miss most of the 2016 season, but whoever drafts him (and that won't be the Broncos) will be well rewarded.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It called a television. ;). I'm convinced Jaylon is going to be a star. Yes, he will miss most of the 2016 season, but whoever drafts him (and that won't be the Broncos) will be well rewarded.
Not saying he doesn`t have "great potential" but to say for sure he`s going to be a star is kind of silly. I`am sure you can come up with a few guys that "television" said were going to be sure things and they failed miserably. There are no guarantees SS, you know that. :) I would`nt give a 1st and 2nd for any position except qb and that`s rolling the dice too. :suds:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "convinced" is a more subjective opinion and "sure" is a much broader pronunciation of opinion.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he doesn`t have "great potential" but to say for sure he`s going to be a star is kind of silly. I`am sure you can come up with a few guys that "television" said were going to be sure things and they failed miserably. There are no guarantees SS, you know that. :) I would`nt give a 1st and 2nd for any position except qb and that`s rolling the dice too. :suds:

Well, it's not really giving up a first and second for him. You are basically giving up a second to move up in the first round. According to the chart, a 1st and 2nd will get us up to pick 19, which is about where he is going.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Draft Crazy any thoughts on Kenneth Dixon? I've watched a couple of his games and while I see some major red flags like his pass blocking ability and that he likes to dance a bit too much in the backfield I honestly felt like I could see a bit of Clinton Portis in the kid. He has that great combination of quickness/speed/power/wiggle that you like to see in a RB. He lead all college football with averaging 3.7 yards after contact this year. He is a great receiver out of the backfield as well.

Sorry haven't been around- Just now seeing this. I like Dixon. I had talked about him a few pages back... I like how he slashes... I think he fits the zone blocking well. I like both he and Howard but slight edge to Dixon because he is a bit more of a slasher.

Devontae Booker is my personal favorite for the zone blocking scheme, but I like Dixon and Booker after that. I like Ezekiel but I have basically ruled him out as an option. Don't see us trading up for a RD in rd 1. I do think we grab one in the first 3 rounds depending on FA. Booker, Dixon, Howard... Alex Collins would be soon after that. He can't catch, but he reminds me a bit of Marshawn Lynch in other ways.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His firsts response when I said Randy Carlson from Cali, was is this Rodney? I am related to a Rodney from California.

For the record. I agree with Geo on Jaylon Smith... On film he is the best LB I have seen since Luke Kuechley. Does it mean he can't bust? Of course not, but you have to go at what you see on film when drafting, and I would gladly do the trade even if it meant his rookie season being a wash.

Reminds me of Willis and Kuechley in that he is a tackle machine, just doesn't miss tackles... Fearless at the LB spot.. Just one of those special players.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His firsts response when I said Randy Carlson from Cali, was is this Rodney? I am related to a Rodney from California.

For the record. I agree with Geo on Jaylon Smith... On film he is the best LB I have seen since Luke Kuechley. Does it mean he can't bust? Of course not, but you have to go at what you see on film when drafting, and I would gladly do the trade even if it meant his rookie season being a wash.

Reminds me of Willis and Kuechley in that he is a tackle machine, just doesn't miss tackles... Fearless at the LB spot.. Just one of those special players.
If this is about giving up a 1st and 2nd, I still don't like it. If your talking about moving up in exchange for your pick and 2017 2nd and 4th, then yes. Many have him going around 5th in 1st or a tad later even with next season out. Give me a top 5 guy in a draft with knowing he will miss all the season that garnished a 1st and 2nd in that same draft. Not saying it hasn't happened,just curious who,if,when or ever it has happened. Enlighten me. :) If it has happened before, it was a qb.