• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is about giving up a 1st and 2nd, I still don't like it. If your talking about moving up in exchange for your pick and 2017 2nd and 4th, then yes. Many have him going around 5th in 1st or a tad later even with next season out. Give me a top 5 guy in a draft with knowing he will miss all the season that garnished a 1st and 2nd in that same draft. Not saying it hasn't happened,just curious who,if,when or ever it has happened. Enlighten me. :) If it has happened before, it was a qb.
Ain't ever happened and never will that we'll see a team trade a top 10 selection for 31 and only get a second rounder. That's why I said I would do it. ;)

So don't worry, Randy, it's not going to happen. :suds:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who was the Houston fan around here?

Been chatting a lot with Demarcus Ayers lately. Great guy. Reminds me a lot of my convos I had with Emmanuel Sanders while he was entering the draft for some reason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, plus even with his injury I will be pretty darn surprised if he falls that far. My biggest fear is that some solid organization picking around the 20's will nab him.. Anything past 15 will be theft. He is top 5 if he doesn't blow up his knee. It all depends on what the doctors say but from what i hear he is suppose to heal rather smoothly. Gonna take some recovery time obviously. Willis McGahee went early 20's even with a nasty knee injury at a position that is not in high demand.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who was the Houston fan around here?

Been chatting a lot with Demarcus Ayers lately. Great guy. Reminds me a lot of my convos I had with Emmanuel Sanders while he was entering the draft for some reason.
That would be TD3nOut

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry haven't been around- Just now seeing this. I like Dixon. I had talked about him a few pages back... I like how he slashes... I think he fits the zone blocking well. I like both he and Howard but slight edge to Dixon because he is a bit more of a slasher.

Devontae Booker is my personal favorite for the zone blocking scheme, but I like Dixon and Booker after that. I like Ezekiel but I have basically ruled him out as an option. Don't see us trading up for a RD in rd 1. I do think we grab one in the first 3 rounds depending on FA. Booker, Dixon, Howard... Alex Collins would be soon after that. He can't catch, but he reminds me a bit of Marshawn Lynch in other ways.

Honestly, not real excited by the RBs until much later. I honestly drooled over Collins teammate J Williams, but injury and fumbling a real concern. I think Peyton Barber is a nice CJ Anderson type udfa late rd pick, starting to like Kenneth Farrow a lot though, but way more to look at, but right now I probably wouldn't take a Rb until quite late. I'd definitely let Hillman walk. I would probably be targeting one of the vet FA RBs. Their contracts really aren't too bad and we need a reliable focal point.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Rang at cbs sports has Jaylon Smith falling out if the first round

Not saying this is going to happen, but, just another opinion

NFL Mock Drafts

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me up for Shaq Lawson... That would make me real happy... Doesn't quit fit as a 4-3 RDE but in our system he would be very good. But... I'm a huge Clemson fan

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting question -

Is there a team in the Top 15 that has the luxury of drafting a player that by all indications, will not see the field for another year and a half after the draft ..

We're not just talking about an NFL season which lasts a few months ... The draft is in May 2016, and Smith may not see the field until Sept 2017 ..

With this in mind, is it likely a team without the urgent need for immediate production moves up in the draft ..

I am thinking that Smith does not drop at all, but will be drafted by a team that jumps up to take him ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. and a Top 15 team might want a pick and/ or player

Like a WR

Like Demaryius Thomas

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Cardel Jones work in a Kubiack offense? Last year sure fire first round. Now I think he may be 3rd round.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, not real excited by the RBs until much later. I honestly drooled over Collins teammate J Williams, but injury and fumbling a real concern. I think Peyton Barber is a nice CJ Anderson type udfa late rd pick, starting to like Kenneth Farrow a lot though, but way more to look at, but right now I probably wouldn't take a Rb until quite late. I'd definitely let Hillman walk. I would probably be targeting one of the vet FA RBs. Their contracts really aren't too bad and we need a reliable focal point.

Agree with you on Hillman
Agree with you on Jonathan Williams. I adored him before his foot injury.
Agree with you on Farrow.
Disagree on the early RB's not being of interest.
Peyton Barber. Don't dislike nor does he do a lot for me. He shouldn't have declared though. Now he has a late round grade where he could have come back and gained a rd 4 grade.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still expect us to be a possible landing spot for Arian Foster. Like I said in the thread awhile back. Not because I want to see it happen but because we seem to be real trendy with bringing in Kubes former personal.

Why I could also see us bring in Mario Williams if Ware doesn't take a paycut. Williams already cashed in and is still getting paid by the Bills. Could sign a one year deal here after a few down years and then try and cash in one last time before he retires if he does well here which he would.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add jhurell Pressley to my fav list... That's a quality rb

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway will pick another pass rusher is one falls
I also like Elliot from osu if he falls

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just never know DC I was gave shit once .. I wanted us draft a S Reed I was told no way in hell was this feller going to fall to us ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just never know DC I was gave shit once .. I wanted us draft a S Reed I was told no way in hell was this feller going to fall to us ..

Tunsil would have to bomb the rest of the off season and have something like he gets a DUI the week before the draft. The Broncos are known for taking that player that talent wise is considered top-10 but because of something off the field falls so anything could happen. My hope above all hope is that Jaylon Smith falls. Every year I have that player I would love to see the Broncos trade up for. So far the guys I have picked have all turned into All-Pro players. I had Mack, Donald, and Kuechly as the 3 guys in the past 4 drafts (never was a fan of the 2013 draft) that I wanted us to trade up for. I think if Smith falls into the early 20's I would say make the jump. We are supposed to be getting extra picks anyway with the Comp picks so might as well be aggressive.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take A LOT for Tunsil to fall to #31....

A LOT!

Don't even get me started on Ed Reed. Are you trying to bait me into my feelings on that again? ;)