• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vision honestly was 1 of my 2 main problems with Hillman. This past year he worked on one of them in his fumbling issue. I was taught when playing RB that when you get into a crowd you have 2 hands on the ball and always try to carry the ball with the outside arm making it much hard to get it punched out. He always loved running through a crowd though with only one arm on the ball. Drove me nuts. He did do better this year.

Vision though where I would see this huge cut back lane for him to pick up at least 4 yards and instead he always thought he could beat guys to the outside for the big play. Just look at his individual carries in the playoffs and you see teams knew when he was in force him back into the middle because he struggles to see the hole to hit.

I appreciated Hillman this year much more than before and wish him well but we can definitely upgrade over what he brought to the table. To me Dixon adds that perfect combo of speed/strength and hopefully vision like you said to really do well in Kubiak's system. Seems like once he sees a hole he really does a great job of sticking his foot in the ground and boom he is gone 0-60 in 2 steps. Guys really struggled to take good angles on him which usually suggests a sneaky speed that players just don't expect.
Yeah Cd, speaking of Dixon, will be interesting to see him at combine and see his speed in the first 10 yds which to me is more important than overall speed for rb. I have feeling it will be impressive from what I've seen in tapes. Very quick burst when he sees his hole and gets going north and south. Think they could still get him in late 4th or you think he might go as early as mid 3rd ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd, speaking of Dixon, will be interesting to see him at combine and see his speed in the first 10 yds which to me is more important than overall speed for rb. I have feeling it will be impressive from what I've seen in tapes. Very quick burst when he sees his hole and gets going north and south. Think they could still get him in late 4th or you think he might go as early as mid 3rd ?

Speed is good understanding and utilizing the angles and seeing what you can get and then going for it like CD said is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder to defend .. ...

Hillman did the same thing over and over .. one trick pony .. he is in love with himself a little to much

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting 2 of my favorite players in the draft made that list. Carroo and Nkemdiche seem like guys that would fit what we want very well. We've also seen that Elway does not shy away always from the guys with red flags. Von Miller, Bradley Roby, and Shane Ray all had red flags heading into the draft and Elway still saw the value they bring on the field and decided the veteran leadership in the locker room could help keep the players on track. So far so good. If Elway takes one of these guys to me I trust his judgment. He seems to really do a good job of digging in and finding out which guys are going to be a long term problem and which ones were just immature at the time but with the right people around them can grow up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 10-yard split means so much more for really every position. Not many times that any player runs further than 10 yards on any given play. Especially with a RB I would rather see what they can do with those first few steps. He isn't quite the top end speed guy like a Chris Johnson but I do think he will do well for that 10-yard split.

As for where in the draft I honestly think his combine will really cause him to rise or fall. Those smaller school guys if they have a good combine seem to rise more than others but if they look average oh boy watch them fall. So right now I can see him anywhere from 2nd round to that of 5th round. Right now if the draft happened I would say he is closer to end of 2nd middle of 3rd round kind of guy. I will say though teams do seem to be drafting RB's later and later as they are seeing all these teams get the late round/undrafted guys and find lots of success with them. I think I saw something that RB's this past year alone who were taken after pick 126 accounted for 35% of all rushing yards this past season. So value is dropping even with teams seeing the value in the run game return.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting 2 of my favorite players in the draft made that list. Carroo and Nkemdiche seem like guys that would fit what we want very well. We've also seen that Elway does not shy away always from the guys with red flags. Von Miller, Bradley Roby, and Shane Ray all had red flags heading into the draft and Elway still saw the value they bring on the field and decided the veteran leadership in the locker room could help keep the players on track. So far so good. If Elway takes one of these guys to me I trust his judgment. He seems to really do a good job of digging in and finding out which guys are going to be a long term problem and which ones were just immature at the time but with the right people around them can grow up.

With Roby all Elway had to call is Steven Atwater ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Roby all Elway had to call is Steven Atwater ..
Does he know Atwater? Not Elway as of course Elway knows him but does Roby?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby calls mister Atwater his Dad because all the time he spent at his house ... Best friends with junior

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby calls mister Atwater his Dad because all the time he spent at his house ... Best friends with junior

Did not know that. Good to hear. I do know the Broncos did some good research on some of his red flag events. Such as one of his DUI's being where he fell asleep in his car because he didn't think it was right to drive home. There is that stupid rule that if the keys are in the ignition it doesn't matter if the car is moving or not. To me that is not a huge red flag. Yeah not the greatest that he went out and got drunk but at least he wasn't out driving and was consciously thinking about how that would be a bad decision.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players who, when given a second ( or third ) chance, can and will turn their lives around .. The ultimate decisions will be subjective based on what John Elway and co see in a player - in their sincerity, their grasp of the situation, their intelligence, etc

But there is something very wrong about physical abuse of a female in a player's history - personally, I cannot tolerate it as I find it unforgivable and reprehensible ..

Falling asleep in a car, getting into it with coaches or even guys in bar - things like that are one thing ... Just don't strike or abuse a female ... For ***** sake these are football players, how cowardly is it to physically harm a girl ?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaver is always a target for me.

The Beaver trade literally made this country into what it is today - so not targeting beaver would be unpatriotic.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players who, when given a second ( or third ) chance, can and will turn their lives around .. The ultimate decisions will be subjective based on what John Elway and co see in a player - in their sincerity, their grasp of the situation, their intelligence, etc

But there is something very wrong about physical abuse of a female in a player's history - personally, I cannot tolerate it as I find it unforgivable and reprehensible ..

Falling asleep in a car, getting into it with coaches or even guys in bar - things like that are one thing ... Just don't strike or abuse a female ... For ***** sake these are football players, how cowardly is it to physically harm a girl ?

This sentiment certainly reflects how I was brought up. But as Dr. Pottapenko once told me - if we don't believe in redemption we are all consigned to Hell.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sentiment certainly reflects how I was brought up. But as Dr. Pottapenko once told me - if we don't believe in redemption we are all consigned to Hell.

We root for the uniform, but truthfully, I would never be able to enjoy a Bronco game if Ray Rice was our RB

I don't know these players personally, and I do hope they find some peace in their lives .... but we as fans are in this for pure enjoyment ... Sometimes all the effort that goes into understanding kills the reason we watch in the first place

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 10-yard split means so much more for really every position. Not many times that any player runs further than 10 yards on any given play. Especially with a RB I would rather see what they can do with those first few steps. He isn't quite the top end speed guy like a Chris Johnson but I do think he will do well for that 10-yard split.

As for where in the draft I honestly think his combine will really cause him to rise or fall. Those smaller school guys if they have a good combine seem to rise more than others but if they look average oh boy watch them fall. So right now I can see him anywhere from 2nd round to that of 5th round. Right now if the draft happened I would say he is closer to end of 2nd middle of 3rd round kind of guy. I will say though teams do seem to be drafting RB's later and later as they are seeing all these teams get the late round/undrafted guys and find lots of success with them. I think I saw something that RB's this past year alone who were taken after pick 126 accounted for 35% of all rushing yards this past season. So value is dropping even with teams seeing the value in the run game return.
Agree. To me anyway, I would just find it hard to use a 1st or 2nd on a rb when so many gems can be found in later rounds or even undrafted. You definitely get tempted by guys like Henry or Elliot. Good thing Denver has CJ , Thompson and my boy Bibbs, who by the way could still be Hilmans replacement:). I'll be surprised if Denver does go rb earlier than 4 if they still have those 3 guys heading into draft. I'm still thinking D line, O line and and Lb or Wr in first 3 rounds anyway. FA/trades could change all that in a heartbeat though. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I read a couple interesting things on WF. Apparently, the relationship between Elway and Manning has disintegrated and they are going to part ways, whether Manning retires or not. Even if we sign Oz, we will look at drafting a QB early and our guys have fallen in love with Dak Prescott. Look for a DL in the first, and a QB in the 2nd, probably Dak, unless he goes earlier.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Broncos scouts love Jarran Reed.

It also appears that the Broncos are willing to pay Brock 10 mil per year for 3 years, but he wants 12 mil per.