• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cheaper option might be Dwayne Allen's partner in crime Coby Fleener. I think he brings some decent receiving skills to the table. Another veteran that won't cost much but could have a little something left in the tank is Marcedes Lewis. Good chance with JT signed they won't re-up Lewis. Definitely some decent names out there.

I agree DC that going the veteran way makes much more sense to me. They already have some young talent at the position with Green and hopefully Heuerman. Hard to see using 2 premium picks on especially the TE position when we have so many holes that will need filled.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a one round mock with us grabbing Derek Henry with our first pick. Will never happen, but what would you guys think of that?

I kind of think it's a luxury pick. Of course it always depends on what happens in FA.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of this 7 rounder?

1.30 - DE/DT Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State
2.62 - LB Scooby Wright, Arizona
3.94 - G/T Denver Kirkland, Arkansas
5.133 - NT Vernon Butler, La. Tech
7.203 - C Evan Bohem. Missouri
7.220 - S Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually begin my "Safety In The First" campaign somewhere in Feb, however, this season I'm starting early due to the fact Jayron Kearse is such a monster ..

DC - and everyone else - what do you think ??

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DC .. Thanks by the way

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually begin my "Safety In The First" campaign somewhere in Feb, however, this season I'm starting early due to the fact Jayron Kearse is such a monster ..

Pretty big for a S. Right now, I see a lot of sites that have him going in the 2nd or 3rd, but that could change quickly after the combine and off season workouts. I always like prospects who have family that played in the NFL, like Jayron's Uncle, Jevon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't checked the guy out but I would say the fact that we have Darian Stewart and Ward signed past this season I doubt safety is at the top of our wish list. Now I will say we will take a safety at some point as depth is definitely showing with so many guys going down with injury but I can't see us using a 1st round pick on a depth guy (although I guess you could argue we did that this past season with Shane Ray since we already had Ware and Miller).

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't checked the guy out but I would say the fact that we have Darian Stewart and Ward signed past this season I doubt safety is at the top of our wish list. Now I will say we will take a safety at some point as depth is definitely showing with so many guys going down with injury but I can't see us using a 1st round pick on a depth guy (although I guess you could argue we did that this past season with Shane Ray since we already had Ware and Miller).

Elway also took Roby with the first pick . . I much prefer using a pick on the guy who will dominate at his position in the NFL, as opposed to a need ..

I think Kearse will do that ... The guy is 6'4" and runs like DT .... Put him on Gronkowski

Granted, highlight videos can make anyone look good, but still ... He's either #1 or #20 in the vid

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway also took Roby with the first pick . . I much prefer using a pick on the guy who will dominate at his position in the NFL, as opposed to a need ..

I think Kearse will do that ... The guy is 6'4" and runs like DT .... Put him on Gronkowski

Granted, highlight videos can make anyone look good, but still ... He's either #1 or #20 in the vid

I'll have to watch some of his full games. The highlight video definitely makes him look great! I'm not saying don't take the kid as we have seen Elway is more of the take BPA especially early in the draft. Heck I would say his last 3 picks were all guys that were not starters from day 1 and were more for depth in the hopes of them then turning into an all star. And we are seeing that pay off huge and Sly has had a great year at the NT, Roby has helped make our secondary probably the best in the league, and Shane Ray is showing up more and more as the year goes on. With how much we do play Nickel or big dime where we bring in a 3rd safety yeah it wouldn't surprise me to take a Safety in the 1st round. I guess I just haven't thought much of the position because of the talent we have already and just the other positions that are in such need.

Then again hey the OL could easily be secured already. Look at this season with Paradis. He has been our best OL player of the year. Let's say that Garcia and Sambrailo have a similar growth from year 1 to year 2 then say we work to bring in Joe Thomas. That right there changes the entire outlook of our OL for next season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft play makers - Kearse appears to be a top play maker. I don't believe he will be there for the Broncos at pick 32.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of this 7 rounder?

1.30 - DE/DT Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State
2.62 - LB Scooby Wright, Arizona
3.94 - G/T Denver Kirkland, Arkansas
5.133 - NT Vernon Butler, La. Tech
7.203 - C Evan Bohem. Missouri
7.220 - S Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah

If Killebrew falls to rd 7 throw us in jail for the biggest theft in NFL history

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft play makers - Kearse appears to be a top play maker. I don't believe he will be there for the Broncos at pick 32.

All depends on his 40. We won't take a S at #32 anyway, but Kearse is sorta on that 1st-2nd round boarder right now. I like him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See post above. Like Kearse. He is a little stiff in the hips in deep coverage. has great size, and athletic ability. Can hit and does well in coverage. Can come up near the line...

S isn't a rd 1 need for us with our two starters playing as well as any combo in the NFL this year. He may go before our pick at #32 but if he is there we probably pass with great value around at other needs and he won't be there for our 2nd. I see S as more of a Rd 4 area of focus this year... Need a young depth guy there who can develop into a starter in two years.

Someone like Killebrew.

He will go early but I also love Ohio State S Vonn Bell.

Wouldn't be oppose to taking WV CB Darryl Worley and developing him into S. I think with a year or two Worley could be a nifty S with his size, range and tackling ability.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas RB Alex Collins declared. Like him, don't love him. Struggles in pass blocking not much of a receiver out of the backfield. Great college RB. Kinda one of those guys who is good enough to start in the NFL but not special enough to get pumped up about. Rather Booker or Jordan Howard. Collins could be good value with a deep RB class though depending on how the draft goes.

Wendell Smallwood also declared. Not a bellcow, but great receiver out of the backfield and runs tough. Has Patriot written all over him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a need if Burton resigns ..I think he loves Denver and Our team . He will do a Chris Harris deal IMO .. and that means 7th round draft stabs at S at best .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas RB Alex Collins declared. Like him, don't love him. Struggles in pass blocking not much of a receiver out of the backfield. Great college RB. Kinda one of those guys who is good enough to start in the NFL but not special enough to get pumped up about. Rather Booker or Jordan Howard. Collins could be good value with a deep RB class though depending on how the draft goes.

Wendell Smallwood also declared. Not a bellcow, but great receiver out of the backfield and runs tough. Has Patriot written all over him.

I would stay away from all Razorbacks anything other than OL there coach has Wisconsin Badgers stench all over him ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a need if Burton resigns ..I think he loves Denver and Our team . He will do a Chris Harris deal IMO .. and that means 7th round draft stabs at S at best .

Disagree if Bruton re-signs which I think he will we still need to look at a depth S...

Josh Bush is ok, but has been a liability in coverage when needed this year, and Bruton, Stewart and Ward always seem to get banged up. All 3 good S's but look at the past history Bruton and Stewart always miss a few games and TJ Ward did this year. Need a young S to develop, and Stewart will be UFA after next year.. Need to have someone ready incase he walks or if we are again banged up. As we learned this year can never have enough S's especially considering S's usually make for your best special teams players..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stay away from all Razorbacks anything other than OL there coach has Wisconsin Badgers stench all over him ..

Few players on Arkansas I like. I like Keon Hatcher as a late flyer type of WR. Don't like a lot there though. Like I said Collins is ok, but don't love him at the next level.

Jonathan Williams who sat out this year I like too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't shy away from Hunter Henry either if I was a team in need of a TE. He split out wide a lot, but has amazing hands, size and willing blocker who wasn't asked to block a lot but can block well.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I said that wrong lol I should of said that as RB's I would stay away from .. to be honest I did not get to watch the Razorbacks so I am going to retract all of that and say it right ....

I would really take a looooooooooooooooooooooooong look before I would draft a RB from them due to huge numbers of Badgers then failing in the NFL... that is more fare to those kids ... I should not judge like thay I guess ..

Thanks DC for kind of steering me some and being a good guy