• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jarboe was from Arkansas State, so they always hold a place in my heart. :)

My 3rd WR obesession has declared

Kenny Lawler of Cal

Lawler, Addison, Carroo.. Brace yourself for DC :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jarboe was from Arkansas State, so they always hold a place in my heart. :)

My 3rd WR obesession has declared

Kenny Lawler of Cal

Lawler, Addison, Carroo.. Brace yourself for DC :)
Just think if they were DBs. CDumler would have to ban you!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he will never promote himself, DC writes for New Era Scouting and interviews about 75 players each year for the website. (When you go to the site, his fake name is Scott Porter - his real names are Draft Crazy and Blitzing Dog!)

If you want to check it out - New Era Scouting

(I'm still waiting for home to start his own site so I can brag that I selected the name. ;) )

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DC who was your favorite player for an interview last year? Just looked through your list and some interesting names stuck out just for play on the field but always enjoy the behind the scenes info on these guys that us fans just don't get as much of. Part of me wishes they would allow cameras in for one interview during the Combine where the team meets with a player just to see what that experience is actually like.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDUM- Last year? That is tough. Maybe Tevin Coleman of Indiana.

My favorite all time is very tough. Some you will not see archived on the site but I really enjoyed interviewing are

Joe Haden
Eric Decker
Brandon Marshall (WR and LB)
Donte Whitner
Ryan Mathews
Devin McCourty
Alterraun Verner
Brandon Meriweather
Emmanuel Sanders

I had the following players on a draft radio show I often help out.

Eric Decker
Bruce Johnson (former Giants)
Larry Asante (Raiders)
Tony Carter (former Bronco now Saint)
Kevin Barnes (Former 3rd rd pick of Redskins)
Emmanuel Sanders

Funny how Decker and Sanders both ended up in Denver during their careers as I interviewed Decker on the show and then right after Sanders. Back to back.

There, enough of me.

I think the best interview I may have gotten from a player in terms of effort and response was probably Clemson S Robert Smith last year or a few years back Wisconsin S Aaron Henry who is now coaching at Rutgers.

I don't know if I even told the old KFFLErs this but when I was in 9th grade I met Peyton Manning at an even that my friends dad was invited to. We drove from Iowa to New Jersey (Pennsylvania is a long state let me tell you) for a weekend for this event he was invited to... His dad let him invite one friend so he invited me knowing I would be the most interested out of our group of friends. Peyton was the nicest guy there. It was the March before he was drafted in April. Included Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Tommy Morrison, Barry Switzer, Lynn Swann, Ottis Anderson, Mark Rypien, Larry Brown among others.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also George, Trying to find a way to get the new name going.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he will never promote himself, DC writes for New Era Scouting and interviews about 75 players each year for the website. (When you go to the site, his fake name is Scott Porter - his real names are Draft Crazy and Blitzing Dog!)

If you want to check it out - New Era Scouting

(I'm still waiting for home to start his own site so I can brag that I selected the name. ;) )
Great Thanks DC. I`d remembered something way earlier regarding DC and draft guru nature and was/is looking forward to his involvement, insight, familiarity,etc to pick his brain during draft. I`m sure many of the others,especially Cd, are looking forward to it also. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida S Keanu Neal declared. Big time hitter.

Reminds me a bit of TJ Ward. Probably will struggle a bit in pass coverage (not god awful) in NFL with not great speed. But probably the biggest hitting S to come out in a few years. If the draft was today I'd have him in rd 2.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford WR Michael Rector also declared. Speedster.. I don't understand why he declared, but probably can't help his stock much next year by returning. He is sorta what he is... Good speed guy but not a guy who will ever start in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Thanks DC. I`d remembered something way earlier regarding DC and draft guru nature and was/is looking forward to his involvement, insight, familiarity,etc to pick his brain during draft. I`m sure many of the others,especially Cd, are looking forward to it also. :)

Thanks for that DC. Have to say I am a bit jealous that you have gotten to talk to these guys. Also Randymon is right! You cannot imagine how excited I am to have other people maybe just as excited for the Draft and Off Season time as me! Heck for my 30th birthday like I said before my wife couldn't think of anything better for my birthday than to take me to the draft! She will be bored out of her mind but I will be convulsing from excitement. Anyway looking forward to all the interviews this year and reading them.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford WR Michael Rector also declared. Speedster.. I don't understand why he declared, but probably can't help his stock much next year by returning. He is sorta what he is... Good speed guy but not a guy who will ever start in the NFL.
Special Teams guy sounds like. Watched a few Stanford games and can`t recall Rector.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida S Keanu Neal declared. Big time hitter.

Reminds me a bit of TJ Ward. Probably will struggle a bit in pass coverage (not god awful) in NFL with not great speed. But probably the biggest hitting S to come out in a few years. If the draft was today I'd have him in rd 2.

Hey DC, good know we have a professional on board for scouting info and insight. I hope you don't mind too much me (and others, I'm sure) picking your brain in the coming off-season.

In regards to last year's draft, there was one player who really stood out to me: Denzel Perryman. I wanted Denver to get him like you want Leonte Carroo. I'm just curious what your thoughts were on him as a draft prospect. From what I saw, he played pretty well for the Chargers this season, especially as he got more playing time later in the season. I think he is going to be a stud.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, good know we have a professional on board for scouting info and insight. I hope you don't mind too much me (and others, I'm sure) picking your brain in the coming off-season.

In regards to last year's draft, there was one player who really stood out to me: Denzel Perryman. I wanted Denver to get him like you want Leonte Carroo. I'm just curious what your thoughts were on him as a draft prospect. From what I saw, he played pretty well for the Chargers this season, especially as he got more playing time later in the season. I think he is going to be a stud.
Chargers DC loves him. Says he will be a big piece in rebuilding the D and says he doesn't care that he likes to wear women's dresses either. He's still a player, I mean playmaker. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGMs passion last year for Crowder - looks like a hit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams guy sounds like. Watched a few Stanford games and can`t recall Rector.

Yeah limited as a WR. Really just a deep threat. Not sure if he will have a role in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was torn on Perryman as a prospect. When he was projected rd 1 I wasn't so high on him, after he got out of the at Round 1 range I was interested in him.

However, I thought he played very well this season. Like a 1st round prospect. He has looked terrific in the last month of the season. San Diego has to be excited about him going into next year.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could only catch bits and pieces of their televised games this year because of my work schedule, but it seems like he is one of those all potential guys. Very athletic, but not much production in college. It looks like stAte didn't use the TE much outside of blocking. It looks like a few different sites think he's draftable in the 4th to 6th range, but he will need to fine tune his route running and blocking skills.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have brought up Griswold as a TE I wouldn't mind targeting in the mid rounds. He is very raw, but has a great tools and productivity.

I like him and the South Alabama kid Everett as possible mid round guys who need a year to develop.

But IMO we look for a vet TE with Jeff Huerman already here. I don't mean a guy who is 40 years old, but someone who doesn't cost a ton but is productive. Maybe someone like Jared Cook. Dwayne Allen might be too much.. Allen will be on his second contract so will get a good chunk. Cook will be on his third contract so will be cheaper... Just tossing those names out there. I see a lot have us going TE in the first 3 rounds. Not sure we do that after using a 3rd rounder on Huerman. I am expecting more of a mid aged (in football terms) vet.