• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey is destroying the Hawkeyes
The cbs got the wrong team Stanford not Michigan ST should have been in the final 4
in fact the Big 10 except for OSU is not athletic enough to compete with the Pac 10 and SEC
Ehhhhh.... Stanford needed one less loss to be considered. 11-2 won't cut it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhhh.... Stanford needed one less loss to be considered. 11-2 won't cut it.
Yeah Cardinal should have scheduled one of the directional schools from Michigan instead of #12 Northwestern early on. Oh well they were really fun to watch this year.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he's playing, we're not even going to be able to sniff Christian McCaffrelot of helpnce he declares for a draft :-(

McCaffrey was awesome yesterday, as he has been all year. Stanford's down field blocking is as good as it gets, so he has had a lot of help, but that kid is quick and bringing him down is like tackling an eel. He is a straight up baller and he is the Heisman winner in my book.

He will be a Top 5 pick when he declares.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the kids pretty special. Definitely some good bloodline going for him. Since he`s not that big I see him as a slot guy/STs guy more in the mold of a Welker or Edelman type player in NFL. Who knows though he could be the next Rocky Blier too :). Been surprised at the blowouts in a lot of these bowl gms this yr. Thought there was some good matchups that never materialized. Watched that Auburn game and tell you want that O-line for Auburn was pretty impressive. Don`t know how many are declaring or what/ if their rated but there are some real ballers on that line. Be interested to hear from you guys what you might know about some of them. Anyway, cheers guys and hope your all enjoying this New Year wknd and Go Broncos and please don`t let off the gas vs SD. Oh and go Miami:)

The thought of McCaffrey going to the Patriots is annoying as hell. He is exactly the type of player that they draft. Good thing he will be out of their daft range.

And there is no way he is 6' tall. He looks about 5'9" to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey was awesome yesterday, as he has been all year. Stanford's down field blocking is as good as it gets, so he has had a lot of help, but that kid is quick and bringing him down is like tackling an eel. He is a straight up baller and he is the Heisman winner in my book.

He will be a Top 5 pick when he declares.

All I kept thinking during his game is every single Heisman voter that didn't vote for him has to be kicking themselves right now after the show he put on compared to Henry. I mean it is not like yesterday was even his best game of the season in my opinion. The Heisman voters got this one severely wrong. Don't get me wrong Henry is a fine player but to me he is like every year where we have a RB put up very good numbers. What McCaffrey did was one of the greatest seasons by any player in college football history in my opinion. I feel like I am Kanye West right now with what I typed but this is one of those moments that deserves such a comment.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Arkansas game today and got first live look at Te Henry. Really impressed with his blkging He is very sound technique wise to go along with his obvious receiving skill. His counterpart Sprinkler look pretty good too. Also very impressed with Qb Adams and of course #3 rbc Collins. He could be a nice pk for Denver in in prob 3rd round.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a mock from a place called Draft Site

1.29 - DE Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State - Too small to play on the line in a 34, so this must be an OLB for us, which makes no sense, imo. Unless they think we're going to lose Von.

2.60 - TE OJ Howard, Alabama - Again, not a fan of a TE this early until we see what we have in Heuerman.

3.92 - OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai, TCU - What a name!

4.124 - G Vi Teofili, Arizona State

7.196 - DT Nile Lawrence-Stample, Florida State

7.211 - WR Cooper kupp, Eastern Washington

7.218 - OLB Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn - Should move inside at the next level. Solid against the run and can lay the wood. Not great in pass coverage.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.29 - DE Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State - Too small to play on the line in a 34, so this must be an OLB for us, which makes no sense, imo. Unless they think we're going to lose Von.

2.60 - TE OJ Howard, Alabama - Again, not a fan of a TE this early until we see what we have in Heuerman.

7.218 - OLB Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn - Should move inside at the next level. Solid against the run and can lay the wood. Not great in pass coverage.

Not a fan. They seem to have forgotten we used a decently high pick on a TE last year. To me I think we can wait to add depth to that position until later in the draft instead of a premium pick. Then throw in drafting a DE that would play an OLB in the 1st just doesn't seem like a great idea unless Von really does get away from us but can't see that happening knowing we have the Franchise Tag. It seems like a lot of draft sites keep having this idea of a TE early and I just don't get it.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To witness Mingo's spelling of these names would be worth this draft on its own

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will go TE Hunting IMO harder than last year we will leave no stone unturned .. Kubiak wants the best ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we wont lose von that is a given we got his rights . We can do a lot of things with him including trade him .

I find it very interesting we talk long term to Wolf not miller as of late ..

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan. They seem to have forgotten we used a decently high pick on a TE last year. To me I think we can wait to add depth to that position until later in the draft instead of a premium pick. Then throw in drafting a DE that would play an OLB in the 1st just doesn't seem like a great idea unless Von really does get away from us but can't see that happening knowing we have the Franchise Tag. It seems like a lot of draft sites keep having this idea of a TE early and I just don't get it.
No one probably remembers we have Heuermann. Either that or he's already been written off as a bust.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos obviously want redundancy at the TE position - they must have looked at 30 TEs or so this past year.

Heuermann I hope works out after injury - a large percentage do these days. He is the long term solution to the inline TE with versatility to block or receive, but the true Kubiak offense uses a FB and HB interchangeably - that's how you confuse the D - you get a guy who can be a FB - an HB - or a slot receiver - and no ones know how you are going to deploy him on any play. That is the guy the Broncos want -and Virgil Green could be that guy, but that is not how Virgil was prepared for the season. If you are looking for a surprise "Hoss" in the playoff Virgil Green might be that guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a fan of this mock. I LOVE Calhoun but he doesn't fit what we need.. He is a 4-3 DE IMO who could play 3-4 OLB, but we don't need an OLB that early. He is a beast though so if we took him you wouldn't see me whining.

Not a huge OJ Howard fan. Rather a TE like Hunter Henry, Bucky Hodges or Austin Hooper. If we take Howard in rd 2 ill be upset.

Not a fan of the rest of the draft either... I do like Cooper Kupp. Very productive college WR he would be worth a flyer.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sorry but that guy sucks. Where's the punter? ;) Seriously though, not fan of that draft and still think we pick rb in 3rd or 4th also. Thompson and Hilman could be gone this year.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think some of it is just a preliminary mock where people are just forgetting about Heuermann. It is a bit strange, though, for a lot of different "experts" to make this mistake. I think we need to focus on the Oline, early and often. Of course all of this changes after we see what happens in FA.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL for sure ...Early and often .. We need several starters and several back ups .

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL for sure ...Early and often .. We need several starters and several back ups .
Wait - I thought the ZBS can get OL in the later rounds and turn them into stars! ;)