• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy has a Torn UCL, Will Miss 6 Months

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know who Joe Thomas is...

but I am glad you can find justifcation.

if you could have them run that play again, would you still put your TE there?

To be expected from someone who doesn't know football. Look, football involves risks. Coaches take risks. Two different choices can both be reasonable.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be expected from someone who doesn't know football. Look, football involves risks. Coaches take risks.
so you'd line the TE up there again if given the chance?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you'd line the TE up there again if given the chance?

You are probably a person who believes that the same outcome happens every single time even though there are variables. I'll clue you in on something. If you roll dice, it doesn't always come up the same every single time.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably a person who believes that the same outcome happens every single time even though there are variables. I'll clue you in on something. If you roll dice, it doesn't always come up the same every single time.
are you really this unable to answer my question? why do you keep dodging it?

Haasan Reddick killed your QB...you should want to stop him.

we had our best lineman lined up against Bosa...guess how many sacks Bosa got on Sunday...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you really this unable to answer my question? why do you keep dodging it?

Haasan Reddick killed your QB...you should want to stop him.

we had our best lineman lined up against Bosa...guess how many sacks Bosa got on Sunday...

I haven't dodged it, but you don't comprehend things well. The obvious implication in my responses to you is that I trust Shanahan with his play calls. Hindsight is 20-20 and if Shanahan could go back in time, then for that one particular play, he would call something else. However, he's not going to take something out of his playbook forever if he thinks it can work. Football involves risks and coaches take risks. Joe Thomas, a six time first team all pro offensive lineman, is defending Shanahan from criticism for that play call, but yet your simple mind can't grasp why an NFL coach tries certain plays.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your arguments make no sense. The Niners offense was doing well with Purdy. I said it wasn't broken; I didn't say it was the Greatest Show on Turf. All I said was that before the injury, it would have been a reasonable decision for the Niners to continue with Purdy as the starter next year. I didn't say it was the only reasonable route they could go. I'm sure the Niners would do their due diligence and explore many different scenarios. Because you're such a genius, what would you do as the Niners GM? You sure make it sound easy to find the next Peyton Manning and the next Tom Brady.
Number 1, I don’t give up draft capital to reach on Trey Lance. Number 2, I don’t give up draft capital and the share of my cap to trade for CMC. Philosophically, I am averse to devoting high cap to that position. I agree he’s unique at his position but that’s tempered by an injury history. With that capital available, the Niners would have been in position to pull the Stafford move the Rams did or they would be in position now to trade for Rodgers or Derek Carr. If you can’t scout or develop a star at that position, trade is the only answer. Currently, the Lynch regime is wasting their efforts throughout the rest of the roster because of their inability to make hay at that position.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't dodged it, but you don't comprehend things well. The obvious implication in my responses to you is that I trust Shanahan with his play calls. Hindsight is 20-20 and if Shanahan could go back in time, then for that one particular play, he would call something else. However, he's not going to take something out of his playbook forever if he thinks it can work. Football involves risks and coaches take risks. Joe Thomas, a six time first team all pro offensive lineman, is defending Shanahan from criticism for that play call, but yet your simple mind can't grasp why an NFL coach tries certain plays.
hindsight isn't needed for me to know I don't want my QB hit like that.

Had Brock been better protected, you may have had a chance to win that game.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is list of 2023 NFL HOF finalists for this years class.

2nd guy on list is 6 time 1st team All Pro, 2 time 2nd team All Pro and 10 time pro-bowler in 11 year career... many consider a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

View attachment 320244
cool

he's just a talking head now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed stupid

Every team in the league runs plays like the niners. The kid held the ball.

Watch football
oh I will be

because my team is in the Super Bowl in 2 weeks!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some people think that the Niners are supposed to focus on where Purdy was selected in the draft and that they should completely ignore everything that happened after that.
Yep. If Purdy was an early rounder or if Lance had played the way Purdy did, few, if any, would be poo-pooing his performance this way. Instead, they'd be saying "and he's only a rookie!"