• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy has a Torn UCL, Will Miss 6 Months

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody seems to have an opinion on Purdy. I'm hoping it was not a complete tear and can be repaired instead of reconstructed.
If he does need reconstruction (known when the open him up) Many pitchers have come back stronger after the reconstruction!
Young baseball pitchers are getting Tommy John surgery they don't need to improve their chances!

It's not over for Purdy.....
I feel bad for the kid. He was thrown into a bad situation and ended up being very successful. It was practically a fairy tale. For all the opinions on him, it can't be debated that he really ran the offense well. It looked like he'd be the starter going into 2023. To see his momentum derailed by a freak injury is sad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats.
You've become the biggest eagle fan joke to me. Lord knows you worked hard for this honor. What a fucking joke statement you dialed up here.

The absolute best part for me remains how fucking smart you think you are. Perhaps, you come off better talking poltics.
I’m wondering what I did to give you the impression that I have a single fuck to give about where a fat old man places me in his personal rankings.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats.
You've become the biggest eagle fan joke to me. Lord knows you worked hard for this honor. What a fucking joke statement you dialed up here.

The absolute best part for me remains how fucking smart you think you are. Perhaps, you come off better talking poltics.
lolCowboys

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not picking on you, I swear

why do you think they have lost face?

Before Purdy got hurt, it was conceivable that Lance would never see the field again as the Niners starting QB. Shanahan and Lynch gave up a lot to draft Lance, so yes, that would've been a bad look for them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the kid. He was thrown into a bad situation and ended up being very successful. For all the opinions on him, it can't be debated that he really ran the offense well. It looked like he'd be the starter going into 2023. To see his momentum derailed by a freak injury is sad.
again, don't try to block Haasan Reddick with your TE and he's still healthy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering what I did to give you the impression that I have a single fuck to give about where a fat old man places me in his personal rankings.
You have been an arrogant, insipid, piece of shit. Other than that, you're fine!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Purdy got hurt, it was conceivable that Lance would never see the field again as the Niners starting QB. Shanahan and Lynch gave up a lot to draft Lance, so yes, that would've been a bad look for them.
so had Purdy not gotten hurt, do you go into 2023 with him as the starter or do you sign someone to compete with him?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to post it.
You've said a few things what you think about me. It was my turn.

Double chin strap for you young grasshopper. Might get a little bumpy, spin another story on how hard it is to be an eagles fan. I mean your whole life was sad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to post it.

Double chin strap for you young grasshopper. Might get a little bumpy, spin another story on how hard it is to be an eagles fan. I mean your whole life was sad.
Is this what you become when your football team falls apart every year?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to post it.

damn

get some thicker skin, bud

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so had Purdy not gotten hurt, do you go into 2023 with him as the starter or do you sign someone to compete with him?

It would not have been unreasonable for the Niners to decide that Purdy is the starter and that Lance is the backup to open up the 2023 season. They would also sign a QB for the practice squad. Purdy would compete with Lance in the preseason, but assuming that he continues to run the offense well, it's not crazy for the Niners to decide that they aren't going to fix something that isn't broken.

Again, these are all possibilities and going in a different direction can also be reasonable. You might not believe this to be true, but opposing viewpoints can both be reasonable. Somehow you got hung up on a statement about Purdy possibly being the Niners starter moving forward and you then twisted it into a statement of certainty that Purdy is a great QB (which I never said). I had only said that it was tragic personally for Purdy that he got injured. If I had already believed that he was a great QB, then I would've said that this was also tragic for the entire Niners organization and its fans.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not have been unreasonable for the Niners to decide that Purdy is the starter and that Lance is the backup to open up the 2023 season. They would also sign a QB for the practice squad. Purdy would compete with Lance in the preseason, but assuming that he continues to run the offense well, it's not crazy for the Niners to decide that they aren't going to fix something that isn't broken.
This 100%. Unless the Niner FO decided they wanted a vet like Brady, Purdy would've either been named the starter outright or, at worst, he'd have entered the offseason competing with Lance for the starting QB job. Considering his level of play during the season, it's perfectly reasonable to see Purdy winning that competition and entering the season as the starter. I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to accept.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 100%. Unless the Niner FO decided they wanted a vet like Brady, Purdy would've either been named the starter outright or, at worst, he'd have entered the offseason competing with Lance for the starting QB job. Considering his level of play during the season, it's perfectly reasonable to see Purdy winning that competition and entering the season as the starter. I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to accept.
had he not gotten the opportunity to start this season, his name wouldn't even be mentioned.

now they go into 2023 with Lance and Purdy competing, which is the best option for them.

I don't see a need to bring in anyone else.

but I don't see Purdy winning that competition.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesnt make for good offseason news.

That is what is almost assuredly what is going to happen. 49ers dont have the draft capital/cap room for a Rodgers trade. And while they could make space for Brady with the cap, they would be basically be hurting their future by going that route by not finding their QB of the future next year.

Everyone says Purdy now.....but when Lance is back in camp, he will be given the shot to earn the job. They've invested too much really in him.

The 49ers FO will do their due diligence. But anything short of a team wowing them with an offer for Lance and Brady coming in and taking way less than market value, they will be "boring" and just go into next season with 2 potential young studs fighting it out for the starting gig. Poor 49er's.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt make for good offseason news.

That is what is almost assuredly what is going to happen. 49ers dont have the draft capital/cap room for a Rodgers trade. And while they could make space for Brady with the cap, they would be basically be hurting their future by going that route by not finding their QB of the future next year.

Everyone says Purdy now.....but when Lance is back in camp, he will be given the shot to earn the job. They've invested too much really in him.

The 49ers FO will do their due diligence. But anything short of a team wowing them with an offer for Lance and Brady coming in and taking way less than market value, they will be "boring" and just go into next season with 2 potential young studs fighting it out for the starting gig. Poor 49er's.
I think what Purdy gives them is a good reason not to resign Jimmy G.

if Purdy hadn't been given the change to prove himself, he'd still by Mr Irrelevant and no one would be talking about him.

but would they go into 2023 with just Lance as their guy? Or do they bring in another QB to compete?

again, not what they are going to do now...just thinking or hypotheticals