• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy has a Torn UCL, Will Miss 6 Months

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If Purdy was an early rounder or if Lance had played the way Purdy did, few, if any, would be poo-pooing his performance this way. Instead, they'd be saying "and he's only a rookie!"
But why was he drafted there? There’s a reason. He doesn’t have NFL arm strength or accuracy. An inordinate number of his throws have been in the middle of the field because he doesn’t have the arm strength, quick release, etc… to make throws on the edges. The deep out from the opposite hash is the big tell tale throw for talent evaluators. Purdy can’t make that throw much at all and clearly not enough to use the phrase “with consistency”. He is a game manager that has thrived in a system that is heavy play action already and able to protect him from having his flaws wreck a game. Purdy is essentially a high quality back up QB.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...that sack was literally a game changer...

and so was the one that took out your back up QB

maybe...do a better job protecting your QB
Dirty players

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why was he drafted there? There’s a reason. He doesn’t have NFL arm strength or accuracy. An inordinate number of his throws have been in the middle of the field because he doesn’t have the arm strength, quick release, etc… to make throws on the edges. The deep out from the opposite hash is the big tell tale throw for talent evaluators. Purdy can’t make that throw much at all and clearly not enough to use the phrase “with consistency”. He is a game manager that has thrived in a system that is heavy play action already and able to protect him from having his flaws wreck a game. Purdy is essentially a high quality back up QB.
His play is what's important. Not where he was drafted or why.

His play shows an average NFL arm. Shows quick, smart decisions and better than average accuracy.

It doesn't matter that he can't be Mahomes. It doesn't matter if he can't run the Buffalo offense.

What matters is that he can/could run the Niner offense and run it well. Purdy showed that he was more than a mere manager of the Niner offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play is what's important. Not where he was drafted or why.

His play shows an average NFL arm. Shows quick, smart decisions and better than average accuracy.

It doesn't matter that he can't be Mahomes. It doesn't matter if he can't run the Buffalo offense.

What matters is that he can/could run the Niner offense and run it well. Purdy showed that he was more than a mere manager of the Niner offense.
Then you better win with him immediately. Even marginal guys like this at QB get paid. If what you project is true it’s because he has a matchup issue at 4 positions vs the defense (Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Ayiuk). You won’t be able to afford to pay the QB and those players. I still completely disagree with your evaluation.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you better win with him immediately. Even marginal guys like this at QB get paid. If what you project is true it’s because he has a matchup issue at 4 positions vs the defense (Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Ayiuk). You won’t be able to afford to pay the QB and those players. I still completely disagree with your evaluation.
That bolded holds true no matter who the QB is or where they were drafted.

You and I will have to disagree.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bolded holds true no matter who the QB is or where they were drafted.

You and I will have to disagree.
And that’s why you need an elite QB in order to win big. It’s hard to do. You need to take multiple swings at it to get it done. Burrow said it best…my career is the whole window. It’s always open. For me, I’d rather pay the guy who is legit 55 million a year and depend on my ability go draft pieces around him than to pay the artificially propped up QB created a system 30 million a year (a relative bargain for a franchise QB).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s why you need an elite QB in order to win big. It’s hard to do. You need to take multiple swings at it to get it done. Burrow said it best…my career is the whole window. It’s always open. For me, I’d rather pay the guy who is legit 55 million a year and depend on my ability go draft pieces around him than to pay the artificially propped up QB created a system 30 million a year (a relative bargain for a franchise QB).
I agree with the 9ers guy on this one. There's more than one way to win. I mean, the 49ers literally just came within one game of being in the super bowl using 3 different QBs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 9ers guy on this one. There's more than one way to win. I mean, the 49ers literally just came within one game of being in the super bowl using 3 different QBs.
Who did Purdy play when he started that was actually good?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started the 2 playoff games that they won, right?
One was the lol cowboys, who were also frauds.

The other was the 9-8 Seahawks.

Who else ya got?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was the lol cowboys, who were also frauds.

The other was the 9-8 Seahawks.

Who else ya got?
What else do you need? That was their competition. That got them to the NFC championship game. So you're saying the whole NFC sucks, except for maybe the Eagles?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else do you need? That was their competition. That got them to the NFC championship game. So you're saying the whole NFC sucks, except for maybe the Eagles?
Pretty much, yes.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much, yes.
Well shit, now I'm worried that the Eagles won't even be able to make it a competitive game against the superior conference.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 1, I don’t give up draft capital to reach on Trey Lance. Number 2, I don’t give up draft capital and the share of my cap to trade for CMC. Philosophically, I am averse to devoting high cap to that position. I agree he’s unique at his position but that’s tempered by an injury history. With that capital available, the Niners would have been in position to pull the Stafford move the Rams did or they would be in position now to trade for Rodgers or Derek Carr. If you can’t scout or develop a star at that position, trade is the only answer. Currently, the Lynch regime is wasting their efforts throughout the rest of the roster because of their inability to make hay at that position.

I thought I read that CMC's cap hit isn't bad. I'm fine with my team taking risks. They gambled on Lance and there is still hope for him. If that doesn't work, then they keep searching. Besides a few team, every NFL team can improve the QB position. I'm not enthusiastic about Aaron Rodgers. He might not be so great anymore. They tried to get Stafford

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that CMC's cap hit isn't bad. I'm fine with my team taking risks. They gambled on Lance and there is still hope for him. If that doesn't work, then they keep searching. Besides a few team, every NFL team can improve the QB position. I'm not enthusiastic about Aaron Rodgers. He might not be so great anymore. They tried to get Stafford
His cap is too rich for me. 12 million a year for the next three years. Of those three years there’s going to be at least one where a portion of it is lost to injury. On top of that, do the Niners have a QB on the same path to be ready to take three swings starting with next year? I would argue not. He will be 29 at expiration of the contract. Are the Niners reupping? Too early to project.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is potentially looking at TJ surgery and maybe missing the entire ‘23 season?

But I had it on good authority that he was a pussy for siting out the time he did during the game.

I am so confused….

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is potentially looking at TJ surgery and maybe missing the entire ‘23 season?

But I had it on good authority that he was a pussy for siting out the time he did during the game.

I am so confused….
Well, Reggie Bush said he should've been throwing left handed passes. Surely he could never be wrong.