• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy has a Torn UCL, Will Miss 6 Months

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
6 months is best case scenario and TJS isn't off the table as he's still getting opinions.

But even if it is 6 months he'd still need time to build his arm back into football shape so I don't see it likely he'd be completely ready for the season.

Not to mention there is no telling if his arm will be completely the way it was before surgery. His arm was already average so any loss of zip on his passes could kill his chances at being an effective starter.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 months is best case scenario and TJS isn't off the table as he's still getting opinions.

But even if it is 6 months he'd still need time to build his arm back into football shape so I don't see it likely he'd be completely ready for the season.

Not to mention there is no telling if his arm will be completely the way it was before surgery. His arm was already average so any loss of zip on his passes could kill his chances at being an effective starter.
He was the beneficiary of a well-balanced team and offense. I don't think he gets a starter position on the Niners over the other 2. He may however get a decent job with another team

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tragic for him. He went from possibly being the Niners starting QB for years back to a career outlook as a backup QB. Biggest winner here, of course, is Trey Lance.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, hopefully the kid can recover in time to challenge for the starting job by the start of next season in San Francisco.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Depends on what Purdy's timetable is but if it's the 6-month timetable I'd say odds are they start the season with Lance while Purdy gets himself back into football shape and if Lance balls out he's the starter and if he struggles they put Purdy back in when he's ready.

The Purdy injury gives them the excuse to give Lance a legit shot without the locker room or fans getting pissy about it and you can confirm if Lance is worth it to continue to develop or if you need to cut your losses with him.

Don't see them making a run for Brady or Rodgers personally since I feel they'd rather use that money elsewhere. They added a nice chunk of money when they traded for CMC and Bosa is going to end up the highest paid defensive player of all time this offseason. So it's not like they really have the 30 million to pay Brady or the 40 million to pay Rodgers.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
0 interest in Rodgers as it'd be 40 million and draft capital for a guy that'll win the MVP and choke in the playoffs.

A little more open to Brady but honestly question if him and Kyle could get along. Brady wants a lot of control over the offense and probably more control than Kyle would be happy with.

The logical option is just to build the best possible team around Lance and hope he develops into the guy you gave up all the capital for.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough luck. That’s the same injury that Bryce Harper played through. Lot of pain and he couldn’t play the outfield. Had to DH all year.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tragic for him. He went from possibly being the Niners starting QB for years back to a career outlook as a backup QB. Biggest winner here, of course, is Trey Lance.
pump the brakes on "Niners starting QB for years"

he was going to compete for the starting QB role next year but he isn't the next coming of Tom Brady.