• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy has a Torn UCL, Will Miss 6 Months

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pump the brakes on "Niners starting QB for years"

he was going to compete for the starting QB role next year but he isn't the next coming of Tom Brady.

I said it was a possibility, not a certainty, before his injury. Did you know that a player can be a long term QB for an NFL team without being Tom Brady?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was a possibility, not a certainty, before his injury. Did you know that a player can be a long term QB for an NFL team without being Tom Brady?
they can also be flashes in a pan.

he didn't earn the position by any means...it fell to him.

all he had to do was be better than Josh Johnson.

if the Niners had been able to grab Baker Mayfield off waivers he would have been their starter.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can also be flashes in a pan.

he didn't earn the position by any means...it fell to him.

all he had to do was be better than Josh Johnson.

if the Niners had been able to grab Baker Mayfield off waivers he would have been their starter.

Maybe the Niners get David Carr. He was the Raiders QB for years, so you probably think he's the next Tom Brady.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Niners get David Carr. He was the Raiders QB for years, so you probably think he's the next Tom Brady.
sorry, I didn't mean to punch holes in your fantasies about Purdy.

carry on...he's the future of your team for years to come just like Kaepernick

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the beneficiary of a well-balanced team and offense. I don't think he gets a starter position on the Niners over the other 2. He may however get a decent job with another team
The other one, not two. JimmyG won't be there, no matter what. The Niners need to find a QB that can stay healthy, whether that be in the draft or whatever. I know Purdy's injury is just another freak thing but they have been rinse and repeat during the entire Shanahan era. That is why he has to make the offense this way. They really need Trey Lance to stay healthy and improve next year. That was their plan for this year but now they have been set back yet another year. If they can't get a QB who can stay on the field, the same question marks will arise next year. As good as their roster is, they will never win a SB if they don't fix that glaring hole in their roster.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, I didn't mean to punch holes in your fantasies about Purdy.

carry on...he's the future of your team for years to come just like Kaepernick

You must not be good at reading comprehension. My comment about Purdy was that this really sucked for him personally. In your mind, that comment was somehow a statement that Purdy is a future Hall of Famer.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be good at reading comprehension. My comment about Purdy was that this really sucked for him personally. In your mind, that comment was somehow a statement that Purdy is a future Hall of Famer.
lol

you said he was "possibly being the Niners starting QB for years" not me.

I never said anything about HOF...I think he likely could be going into camp to compete for the job, that's it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 interest in Rodgers as it'd be 40 million and draft capital for a guy that'll win the MVP and choke in the playoffs.

A little more open to Brady but honestly question if him and Kyle could get along. Brady wants a lot of control over the offense and probably more control than Kyle would be happy with.

The logical option is just to build the best possible team around Lance and hope he develops into the guy you gave up all the capital for.
I agree. They have to find out if Lance is worth what they gave and did to draft him that high. Purdy is a nice story and a solid backup going into the season, imo. It is hard to know the timeline on his injury at this stage because we don't know how fast he can get any strength back in his arm. He could be okay by the start of the season or it could be well into October for all we know. They need to bring in a savvy veteran as a backup and go with Lance for at least 6 weeks, imo. They have to have a definitive answer moving forward. Bring in a guy that can learn the offense and is ready at a moments notice. A Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor type of guy.

• Bullseye
Reactions: ill

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

you said he was "possibly being the Niners starting QB for years" not me.

I never said anything about HOF...I think he likely could be going into camp to compete for the job, that's it.

Sure, yeah, I must've been the one who brought up Tom Brady. A player being a starting QB for a few years, even as a below average one, can mean millions of dollars. You're trying to take a comment about someone's misfortune and turn it into something else, but I guess you can't help it if you don't read well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should be fine at QB.
It's Lance's job and Purdy will be back should Lance not grow or get hurt. Sure don't see them signing another to compete for a starting job.

Reactions: ill

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should be fine at QB.
It's Lance's job and Purdy will be back should Lance not grow or get hurt. Sure don't see them signing another to compete for a starting job.

This works out conveniently for Shanahan and Lynch. They probably want more games from Lance to evaluate him and/or build up his trade value.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This works out conveniently for Shanahan and Lynch. They probably want more games from Lance to evaluate him and/or build up his trade value.
They would prefer he be the stud they thought he'd be in their offense when drafted. Shanahan is not thinking trade.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew his arm was shot the minute it happened. I still don't understand why they put him back in. I guess they figured that he could at least field the snap unlike Johnson. If McCaffrey knows the position well enough he would have been a much better option. Probably wouldn't have made any difference though.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew his arm was shot the minute it happened. I still don't understand why they put him back in. I guess they figured that he could at least field the snap unlike Johnson.
Johnson had a concussion and they had no one else

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would prefer he be the stud they thought he'd be in their offense when drafted. Shanahan is not thinking trade.

Yes, everyone hopes that Lance is the guy. I'm just guessing that Shanahan and Lynch discuss all possibilities.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew his arm was shot the minute it happened. I still don't understand why they put him back in. I guess they figured that he could at least field the snap unlike Johnson. If McCaffrey knows the position well enough he would have been a much better option. Probably wouldn't have made any difference though.
Not sure he was cleared to return. The Niners got completely dominated up front by the Eagles' front 7 and couldn't protect anyone. It was clear right away in that game that they were overmatched.