• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards Cut

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
First, that doesn't answer my question

Second, with regard to your affinity for Owens I would say...And Owens is unemployed for a reason...

Finally, Hasting/Matthews are both on the 49er practice squad which is very much integrated with the "A Squad" including travel - this isn't your normal practice squad...So, what is your point?

But...But..But on Madden, Owens fits right in!

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Ichabods...that might be one of the cooler nicknames Ive seen (Flying Flucos of Fluvanna, VA being #1).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, that doesn't answer my question

Second, with regard to your affinity for Owens I would say...And Owens is unemployed for a reason...

Finally, Hasting/Matthews are both on the 49er practice squad which is very much integrated with the "A Squad" including travel - this isn't your normal practice squad...So, what is your point?

practice squad is practice squad. they're essentially free agents that nobody wants on their active roster. it's nice that they travel with the team and make hotels more money but they're still essentially minor league players

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't wait until alex smith over throws Owens its going to be great..lol

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
practice squad is practice squad. they're essentially free agents that nobody wants on their active roster. it's nice that they travel with the team and make hotels more money but they're still essentially minor league players

Well right now we need these "minor league players" as you say. They know the playbook and a guy like hastings is comfortable with Alex which from wathing braylon we know is important. Hell even Crab is looking better lately because because it seems they are more in sync.

You never know what you can get from your p-squad players until you give them a chance. They are a better consideration for a roster spot than moran norris is right now thats for sure.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when morgan went down we should have looked into shoring up our wr's. our wr's are complete dogshit this year and now we're using practice squad guys? it's gonna be hard enough to beat new orleans and green bay, but now we might have to use practice squad players.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when morgan went down we should have looked into shoring up our wr's. our wr's are complete dogshit this year and now we're using practice squad guys? it's gonna be hard enough to beat new orleans and green bay, but now we might have to use practice squad players.

Exactly! Especially with Edwards already dinged up. You might not even beat the Rams with these guys; you most certainly won't beat the likes of New Orleans and Green Bay.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

lol

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So, you're saying that some guy on the street is better than a guy that's actually on a practice squad who knows the offense and is getting reps? In some very rare cases that has worked out, but I actually give Harbaugh credit for sticking with the guys he has instead of bringing in some fucking douche bag like Owens.

Let's live and die with the guys we have, Harbaugh will bring in more pieces to the puzzle next year. They weren't going to beat the Saints or Packers this year anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They weren't going to beat the Saints or Packers anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oops, lay down and take it attidude?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're saying that some guy on the street is better than a guy that's actually on a practice squad who knows the offense and is getting reps? In some very rare cases that has worked out, but I actually give Harbaugh credit for sticking with the guys he has instead of bringing in some fucking douche bag like Owens.

Let's live and die with the guys we have, Harbaugh will bring in more pieces to the puzzle next year. They weren't going to beat the Saints or Packers this year anyway.

Well then you might as well just not even watch the playoffs then since you know the outcome....

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
two days away and no announced replacement.

all signs point towards Hastings big try out this weekend then. IF the try out fails, it appears to be pretty uncharted waters for proceeding with FA WR's. I can't recall a time when a playoff team brought in a FA WR after the regular season concluded to start on a team. It should be interesting...but I'm hoping Harbaugh's plan A works out.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just because someone isn't playing doesn't mean they can't outperform a practice squad guy. we're talking about a vet vs an undrafted free agent trying to break into the league.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm excited and looking forward to Hastings and Swain going up against the Packers secondary (which may be the best secondary in the league, at least the most interceptions).

Hastings and Swain up against that Packers secondary would be great!