• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards Cut

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, not worried about who they bring in save T.O.. actually, REALLY doubt they sign him anyway? looking to the play-offs, Baalke is already working on it and for all we know, the plan is to have both Ginn and KWill back?

if both not back (play-offs), then whether its a FA or PS, of course we'll add depth.

if just depth for Sunday, i'd pick a PS player cause thats what they're for, short term fill. we develop them all season for a reason so IF they get in, evaluate. their knowledge of the offense and familiarity will be fine as depth.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On a more serious note from me. I'd just as soon not bring in Owens or Moss or any other has-been for that matter. Just for the simple fact that I dont want the media circus coming to SF.

Give some young guys who are hungry for a chance to prove themselves a chance. Whats Owens going to honestly bring to the table anyway?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more serious note from me. I'd just as soon not bring in Owens or Moss or any other has-been for that matter. Just for the simple fact that I dont want the media circus coming to SF.

Give some young guys who are hungry for a chance to prove themselves a chance. Whats Owens going to honestly bring to the table anyway?

I agree. Especially the way this locker room seems to be built, you don't want a guy like that to show up and rock the cradle.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Especially the way this locker room seems to be built, you don't want a guy like that to show up and rock the cradle.

Yea and you never know what the likes of a swain or hastings could bring. Welker came out of nowhere, just never know til they get a shot. Either way Ginn and Williams will be healthy by playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The 49ers showed no interest in Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Bernard Berrian, Jason Hill or any other veteran without a team. The 49ers did not work out any veterans on Tuesday -- the day they would ordinarily consider free agents.

The 49ers know what they're getting with Hastings after seeing him every day in practice since late July.

Also, Ted Ginn (ankle) and Kyle Williams (concussion) are expected to be at full strength for the playoffs. So the 49ers will have the same receiving corps in the postseason than they had playing and contributing during the regular season.

ok good, no interest in T.O.. since Ginn and KW are expected back for the play-offs, no reason to sign a vet now.

yep, Hastings makes perfect sense for the last game, its just for a back-up role. IF he should get some game reps, it only helps them evaluate for next season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That recipe right there has produced as many superstars in the NFL as any other - Sometimes greatness just needs a chance...

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Looks like the offense will be really hamstrung for the Rams game. Its gonna be a battle now with no professional wideouts besides Crabtree. How does a franchise let themselves get into a situation where Joe Hastings and Brett Swain are your second and third receivers? That's gotta be the slowest group of wideouts in the history of the NFL.

Hastings ran a 4.42 before the draft. I do not know how fast you run, but to me that is fast. :wink:

Also, I get what you are saying about Swain and Hastings being our #2 and #3, but I think a combination of injuries and the lockout for the reason why we have these two. Hopefully one of them works out.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow! Looks like the offense will be really hamstrung for the Rams game. Its gonna be a battle now with no professional wideouts besides Crabtree. How does a franchise let themselves get into a situation where Joe Hastings and Brett Swain are your second and third receivers? That's gotta be the slowest group of wideouts in the history of the NFL.

Interestingly, both Hastings (4.42) and Swain (4.41) are faster than Edwards (4.45). However, Edwards has the size advantage over the two PS guys.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look for Davis to have a big game. I think they really stack and try to take out Gore. Even though they will double him, I think Davis is going to have a pretty good game. I think him and Crabtree get in the endzone. Hopefully there is a good size lead and there is a heavy dose of CK and Hunter.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I could give a flying fuck about what their combine 40 time is at this point. I want to see a Niner WR with good route running ability and good hands with a knack for creating separation. I don't care if he runs a 5.0 40, if he consistently creates separation by running good routes and catches what is thrown his way, that's all I want. But then again, WTF do I know?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, I could give a flying fuck about what their combine 40 time is at this point. I want to see a Niner WR with good route running ability and good hands with a knack for creating separation. I don't care if he runs a 5.0 40, if he consistently creates separation by running good routes and catches what is thrown his way, that's all I want. But then again, WTF do I know?

Well, based on what I bolded I would say you know exactly what you are talking about. We actually have all of those things, on one level or another, in all of our receivers - the problem is, with the exception of perhaps Williams, none can deliver those things, as you said, consistently.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The "next man up" approach may work for a team like the Packers or Saints, but their QBs are better and they are stacked at WR.

Jennings, Nelson, Driver, James Jones....

Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Moore....

All these WRs are better than Hastings and Swain. Hastings and Swain suck, all this talk about they will turn into the next Welker is just B.S.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The "next man up" approach may work for a team like the Packers or Saints, but their QBs are better and they are stacked at WR.

Jennings, Nelson, Driver, James Jones....

Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Moore....

All these WRs are better than Hastings and Swain. Hastings and Swain suck, all this talk about they will turn into the next Welker is just B.S.

Hastings is a rookie - so where have you seen him play and how do you know he sucks? What about his game are you most dissatisfied with?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Davis to have a big game. I think they really stack and try to take out Gore. Even though they will double him, I think Davis is going to have a pretty good game. I think him and Crabtree get in the endzone. Hopefully there is a good size lead and there is a heavy dose of CK and Hunter.

endzone? once we get into the redzone it's gonna be 3 running plays. harbaugh is gonna pad akers stats so nobody beats it for the next 100 years

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hastings is a rookie - so where have you seen him play and how do you know he sucks? What about his game are you most dissatisfied with?

he's on the practice squad for a reason

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's on the practice squad for a reason

First, that doesn't answer my question

Second, with regard to your affinity for Owens I would say...And Owens is unemployed for a reason...

Finally, Hasting/Matthews are both on the 49er practice squad which is very much integrated with the "A Squad" including travel - this isn't your normal practice squad...So, what is your point?

Last edited by a moderator: