• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards Cut

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Owens? Why the hell not at this point.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really disappointed Braylon did not work out here. I was expecting him to be at least as good as he was on the Jets.

I'm really starting to think that we could lose in the playoffs to a team like the Saints or Packers and the blame will fall on 49er quarterback, WRs, and passing game.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really disappointed Braylon did not work out here. I was expecting him to be at least as good as he was on the Jets.

I'm really starting to think that we could lose in the playoffs to a team like the Saints or Packers and the blame will fall on 49er quarterback, WRs, and passing game.

Well, Maniax, considering that is the weakest part of our team, that kinda makes sense...

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got dual slot threats In Staley and Sop... who needs Braylon... and on the over the middle... Goodwin with his touchdown rumble even if was called back because of the refs giving the cards a late challenge. Forget speed it is the Dawn of the 300 pound receiver.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We got dual slot threats In Staley and Sop... who needs Braylon... and on the over the middle... Goodwin with his touchdown rumble even if was called back because of the refs giving the cards a late challenge. Forget speed it is the Dawn of the 300 pound receiver.

I fricken love the sense of humor on this board surrounding our newest threats at WR! Hilarious!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I favor seeing what the kid from the practice squad can do.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Maniax, considering that is the weakest part of our team, that kinda makes sense...

Yeah but what the hell happened with Braylon that he had to be cut? Couldn't he redeem himself in the playoffs?

When we are down at Lambeau trying to come back I'm not exactly thrilled about Brett Swain.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but what the hell happened with Braylon that he had to be cut? Couldn't he redeem himself in the playoffs?

When we are down at Lambeau trying to come back I'm not exactly thrilled about Brett Swain.

I understand your thoughts about Swain.

Braylon was completely unproductive while here; he had only 15 catches for 181 yards and 0 TD's and was thoroughly out of synch with Smith. Thus, I don't think he was going to be any help in the playoffs anyway. My guess is that Harbaugh has a plan.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand your thoughts about Swain.

Braylon was completely unproductive while here; he had only 15 catches for 181 yards and 0 TD's and was thoroughly out of synch with Smith. Thus, I don't think he was going to be any help in the playoffs anyway. My guess is that Harbaugh has a plan.

I'm gonna guess that Braylon was disgruntled and asked to be let go, and Harbaugh or Baalke called his bluff.

Harbaugh better have a plan.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Braylon's sorry ass was a non-factor all season, it's not going to be an issue. Even with the current injury situation, Harbaugh has a plan. He's made Alex Smith look like a servicable QB to some people, I'm sure he can pull this one off too.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This would be interesting signing Randy moss and Terrell Owens....Moss,Owens,crabree,Williams,swan....we could have 3 drama queens at wr lol

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Well, you would be in good company. I think everyone except the biggest of the homers believes that as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards knees and shoulder could also have played a part. Perhaps the lack of recovery or slow recovery didn't sit well with Harbs and maybe Edwards' attitude didnt please Harbs?

cause, i'm no known genius, however, there's got to be a reason why they let a big body WR go in a time where we are hurting in the WR depth chart in the last week in the season on the way to the playoffs.....

or maybe we're really going to have 300lb WRs... the WR screen will be unstoppable!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because there was absolutely no way we lose to them in the playoffs before?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Moss or TO would be a bad idea, not that Harbaugh would ever even think of considering one of those guys. Would instantly turn the situation into an OMG media circus, with reporters flying past deserving players to interview Moss/TO. Would be as big of a distraction as they could engineer, outside of an actual murder. This Niners organization prefers the no-name hard worker to the big name diva I think. They'll give the PS player a chance before the superstar vet.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because there was absolutely no way we lose to them in the playoffs before?

Braylon made some huge plays for the Jets in the playoffs.

There's a small chance he could have turned it on in the playoffs again.

Brent Swain does not have that potential.