• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards Cut

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we all keep our expectations closer (not same) to PRIOR the season, it'll be more reasonable. but after winning 12 games the expectations have jumped considerably ahead, thats why we now feel we're "better than anybody".

anyways, agree we'd be dogs against Green Bay and for a reason. if thats what you mean by "don't see this current team being able to compete...", no problem here. but if this meant we WILL lose, then it is?

we MIGHT even be dogs againts the Saints...... at home. so again, agree on paper they might be a better team. but doesn't mean we've already lost.

kudos on flying from Korea to SF, thats a good fan. i do it from Hawaii (halfway) almost every year, its not THAT easy nor cheap.

I was stationed in HI from 2003-2006, so I know that route also. Got to meet Steve Young and Merton Hanks during the 2005 Pro Bowl. I miss Hawaii!!!!

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a difference between being objective/realistic, and flat out negative. Not saying dude is flat out negative, but that's always what people say. People have their own opinions, but it does get a little old when people are always negative and then cover it up with, "I'm just being realistic." And they try and make you feel like less of a fan or a dumb shit for having hope and faith in your team.

Guess what, a couple years ago I was being realistic during the baseball season and thought the Giants were going to be watching the playoffs from home. Then I was still being realistic when I thought they would lose a close series to the Phillies. Then they won the whole thing. Who's to say the 49ers can't/won't do the same thing?? There are no elite teams in the NFL right now. The 49ers have a legitimate shot.

So basically you're saying that there has only ever been one elite team in the NFL, the undefeated Miami Dolphins? Because if you don't think that what the Packers are elite I want whatever it is that you're smokin'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was stationed in HI from 2003-2006, so I know that route also. Got to meet Steve Young and Merton Hanks during the 2005 Pro Bowl. I miss Hawaii!!!!

well, do come back one day and spend spend spend! haaaa

btw - the Pro Bowl is in Hawaii for 2012, but up in the air beyond that. they're negotiating an extension but local paper reporting it isn't close.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they couldn't, if you go back and re-read my post, I stated that in some rare cases bringing a guy off the street has worked. Y'all keep thinking the NFL is like playing Madden, Harbarugh knows what the fuck he's doing.

the passing game seems like an afterthought to harbaugh and it could end up getting us beaten in the playoffs

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because if you don't think that what the Packers are elite I want whatever it is that you're smokin'.

The Packers arguably have a sub-par defense. They're a bit above-average in points given up, but have apparently been the beneficiary of a lot of very generous turnovers. They're certainly not a rock-solid, well-rounded team.....just a super-explosive offense and a defense that isn't hurting them.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you're saying that there has only ever been one elite team in the NFL, the undefeated Miami Dolphins? Because if you don't think that what the Packers are elite I want whatever it is that you're smokin'.

I want whatever you're smoking if you can just see all those words I never said magically appear. The Packers have an elite QB, with a sub par Oline, no running game and a sub par defense. They are far from elite. Every team in the NFL has a major flaw. The Saints, I feel are the best team right now, but they aren't the same team on the road.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the passing game seems like an afterthought to harbaugh and it could end up getting us beaten in the playoffs

don't quite agree, its more playing to the strengths and avoiding the weaknesses.

in the last 4 - 5 games, haven't we seen more pass attempts downfield? granted, its a work in progress but this doesn't indicate "after thought".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The Packers are a very poor mans version of an elite team. Elite teams should be dominant on both sides of the ball and consistantly blowing bad teams out of the water. Their offense is very good, their defense is on the highly suspect side. I'll give you a comparible example in the 2007 Patriots.

New England Patriots 2007 Schedule - Patriots Home and Away - ESPN

Green Bay Packers 2011 Schedule - Packers Home and Away - ESPN

Can you honestly say you get the same feeling watching the two teams play? Which team do you get the impression is beatable? ( I get the feeling you will say Well the Patriots were beaten in the SuperBowl and you were one of the guys that knew they would be, probably because you don't play Madden and then in the same breathe Packers can't lose) Elite.....media throws that around too loosely now adays.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't quite agree, its more playing to the strengths and avoiding the weaknesses.

in the last 4 - 5 games, haven't we seen more pass attempts downfield? granted, its a work in progress but this doesn't indicate "after thought".

there's plenty that can be done to create more offense especially in the red zone. i'm surprised he hasn't just kicked it on 2nd down once we get inside the 20

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a difference between being objective/realistic, and flat out negative. Not saying dude is flat out negative, but that's always what people say. People have their own opinions, but it does get a little old when people are always negative and then cover it up with, "I'm just being realistic." And they try and make you feel like less of a fan or a dumb shit for having hope and faith in your team.

Guess what, a couple years ago I was being realistic during the baseball season and thought the Giants were going to be watching the playoffs from home. Then I was still being realistic when I thought they would lose a close series to the Phillies. Then they won the whole thing. Who's to say the 49ers can't/won't do the same thing?? There are no elite teams in the NFL right now. The 49ers have a legitimate shot.

I think you need to cut back on the Dr. Phil...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am holding out hope that Harbaugh/Roman is saving some red zone magic/passing for the playoffs.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Packers are a very poor mans version of an elite team. Elite teams should be dominant on both sides of the ball and consistantly blowing bad teams out of the water. Their offense is very good, their defense is on the highly suspect side. I'll give you a comparible example in the 2007 Patriots.

New England Patriots 2007 Schedule - Patriots Home and Away - ESPN

Green Bay Packers 2011 Schedule - Packers Home and Away - ESPN

Can you honestly say you get the same feeling watching the two teams play? Which team do you get the impression is beatable? ( I get the feeling you will say Well the Patriots were beaten in the SuperBowl and you were one of the guys that knew they would be, probably because you don't play Madden and then in the same breathe Packers can't lose) Elite.....media throws that around too loosely now adays.

So basically there's never been an elite team then...ok....NEXT!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again, the playoffs is not the time to be working on new stuff.

agree, about 5 weeks ago felt it was time to work on stuff. not a lot mind you, but start to sprinkle it in. not only passing but blitzing.

for new plays, trick plays, or whatever you want to call it, the first priority is to execute it yourself. you can't 'trick' the D (or blitz the O) if you fail to execute. so the team should run it in games and work on it.

wouldn't worry about D's seeing your plays, it makes them prepare more and 'overthink' in games. we would never have to throw to Sop again, but the D's don't know it?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree, about 5 weeks ago felt it was time to work on stuff. not a lot mind you, but start to sprinkle it in. not only passing but blitzing.

for new plays, trick plays, or whatever you want to call it, the first priority is to execute it yourself. you can't 'trick' the D (or blitz the O) if you fail to execute. so the team should run it in games and work on it.

wouldn't worry about D's seeing your plays, it makes them prepare more and 'overthink' in games. we would never have to throw to Sop again, but the D's don't know it?

Well said.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep said:
Wouldn't worry about D's seeing your plays, it makes them prepare more and 'overthink' in games. we would never have to throw to Sop again, but the D's don't know it?

Well said.

I agree as well. One thing we do really well is run multiple plays from the same formation using the same personnel.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just sick of running it on 2nd and 3rd down all the damn time in the red zone. I realize were a power run team and we can rely on our D, but sometimes it just gets old. I mean I realize thats how we have won games this year, but will it last in the playoffs?