• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Appeal Transcripts Are Out.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing on the radio right now that the transcripts from the 10 hour appeal hearing are out. Roughly some 450 pages or so. Should make for some great reading.:nod:

From the parts being read over the radio, not good for the NFL.
archie-bunker_zpsc1mdsi2d.jpg
Ahhh Geesh, will you just rule and shaddup already !!!!:gaah:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Lying under oath is against the law.
The sad truth is that, as a practical matter, this reason isn’t all that persuasive either. In theory, if you lie under oath you could be prosecuted for perjury, which is a crime. The reality is that perjury charges for lying at a deposition are pretty rare. Still, one would hope that the possibility of a serious criminal charge would be enough to dissuade a witness from testing those odds.

Deposition Basics: Telling the Truth - The Law Office of Josh McGuire

Lying during a deposition is in fact perjury; it's just that it's rarely prosecuted.

He was sworn in for an appeal, not a deposition. I'll say it again. Keep your burger flipping job, Lawyer is not in your future.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was sworn in for an appeal, not a deposition. I'll say it again. Keep your burger flipping job, Lawyer is not in your future.

And his appeal is effectively a depostion. His sworn testimony is punishable under perjury laws. It's the whole friggen point of being sworn prior to testifying.

By the way, you realize this has been submitted to the court as sworn testimony, correct?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Lying under oath is against the law.
The sad truth is that, as a practical matter, this reason isn’t all that persuasive either. In theory, if you lie under oath you could be prosecuted for perjury, which is a crime. The reality is that perjury charges for lying at a deposition are pretty rare. Still, one would hope that the possibility of a serious criminal charge would be enough to dissuade a witness from testing those odds.

Deposition Basics: Telling the Truth - The Law Office of Josh McGuire

Lying during a deposition is in fact perjury; it's just that it's rarely prosecuted.

I don't really care enough to continue, but no, not in this case. First off remember not even all depositions are the same. Usually you are referring to pretrial depositions that gather evidence expected to be used in a trial. That wasn't the case here. There is a Federal rule for depositions that can be interpreted to say lying could result in a perjury charge, but doesn't really address it directly and it never happens.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once it was submitted as sworn testimony how is it not covered under the Fed perjury laws?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his appeal is effectively a depostion. His sworn testimony is punishable under perjury laws. It's the whole friggen point of being sworn prior to testifying.

Learn something please. Goodell is not a judge so Brady cannot perjure himself in the appeal.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldschool, that is one thing we can agree on. Hopefully it 's pretty soon.

I'm on to Romo, the longest running Farce in the history of the NFL...:D

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once it was submitted as sworn testimony how is it not covered under the Fed perjury laws?

If Brady srates the same stuff in front of a JUDGE he can be charged for perjury if the courts believe he is lying. He can lie his ass off to Goodell and all that can happen for Goodell to get pissed off.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL never even proved the balls were under inflated. There was nothing to cover up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Of course I would love a complete embarrassment of Goodell and the NFL but if they offer 1 game to Brady I would hope he takes it.

How about two games and no admission of guilt?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With a good attorney it kind of is, but it takes an extra step and he gets an out if he wants it. They read his testimony and ask him if he said that. Then they ask him the same question. Pick your topic. "Yes, that was my statement" isn't perjury. If asked the question again and he gives the same answer (assuming it's proven to be a lie and to meet the definition of perjury) it is then considered perjury. Confirming his answer as read to him as being the truth is then also considered perjury. in other cases lying under oath in a deposition can be considered perjury, but still is never pursued. the negative result is often the case being dismissed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with as far as he has taken this wouldn't he have to admit guilt if he accepts any punishment.

I don't think so. He just says he wants to put it behind him and get back to playing football. People can believe what they want, but even getting the suspension reversed in no way proves he was innocent.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a good attorney it kind of is, but it takes an extra step and he gets an out if he wants it. They read his testimony and ask him if he said that. Then they ask him the same question. Pick your topic. "Yes, that was my statement" isn't perjury. If asked the question again and he gives the same answer (assuming it's proven to be a lie and to meet the definition of perjury) it is then considered perjury. Confirming his answer as read to him as being the truth is then also considered perjury. in other cases lying under oath in a deposition can be considered perjury, but still is never pursued. the negative result is often the case being dismissed.

Exactly. If he lies directly to a judge it's perjury, lying to Goodell is not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. He just says he wants to put it behind him and get back to playing football. People can believe what they want, but even getting the suspension reversed in no way proves he was innocent.

You're probably right. I just think if he agreed to this at the appeal he could have but not now.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with as far as he has taken this wouldn't he have to admit guilt if he accepts any punishment.

the pats have excepted the penalty so he had a hand in it . this is a labor court they could careless if the balls was totally flat . it's not proving did he do it or not . it's can the nfl suspend a liar for 4 games . every pats fan needs to watch a replay of tom's first interview when billycheat put his ass under the bus . liar liar liar

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pats have excepted the penalty so he had a hand in it . this is a labor court they could careless if the balls was totally flat . it's not proving did he do it or not . it's can the nfl suspend a liar for 4 games . every pats fan needs to watch a replay of tom's first interview when billycheat put his ass under the bus . liar liar liar

Well by Kraft words I can't say the Pats knew, but he was trying to bribe Goodell.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just read some of the report and well Brady seems like a real jerk. More from his emails than say his actual testimony but man the guy is very entitled.

Anybody hear the comments from HOF QB Jim Kelly today...He is not a big fan of how Brady has handled himself through this whole situation and just thinks he keeps digging the hole a little deeper with each passing day.