• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Appeal Transcripts Are Out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was up to 2psi in several balls... it was maybe a .5 drop for 1 or 2 if I remember correctly. I will see if I can find it, it was in the Wells Report. This dude is just in denial.
You are wrong. Go read the Wells report INCLUDING the footnotes. It's easy to locate just google it. 3 of 4 Colts balls were found to also be out of tolerance. I'm pretty sure the Pats ball boy didn't take the Colts balls into the restroom? What do you think? Is there a conspiracy and the Colts also had someone deflating balls?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the measurements taken from the balls from the Wells report from the refs Blakeman and Prioleau:

upload_2015-8-6_0-36-20.png

If we take an average of the measurements an we assume the all of the balls started at the league minimum we find the following:

upload_2015-8-6_0-51-5.png

So, basically, assuming the minimum pressure, the Pats balls pressure change was 38 times more than the Colts balls. That's pretty damning in just the data its self. What more damning is the fact that Colts balls changes in pressure are more consistent as evidenced by the lower standard deviation in pressure changes.

The real key take away here is the Pats balls were anywhere from 0.43 to 1.8 PSI off. How can you blame this sort of variability on weather?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong. Go read the Wells report INCLUDING the footnotes. It's easy to locate just google it. 3 of 4 Colts balls were found to also be out of tolerance. I'm pretty sure the Pats ball boy didn't take the Colts balls into the restroom? What do you think? Is there a conspiracy and the Colts also had someone deflating balls?

I have, look my my post above... any thoughts on that?

That's just the stats, please don't make me break out the physics again. I have already done that a few times on here.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, look my my post above... any thoughts on that?

That's just the stats, please don't make me break out the physics again. I have already done that a few times on here.
First let's start where you say several balls were at least 2 psi below. One ball measured by one official show a ball that was 2 psi below the league min when measured. Not several.
Second the other official measures the same ball with a different guage and there is a difference of almost .5 psi.

How can you even claim to use physyics when one you don't know what the starting pressure was and two you don't have a controls? No one knows if the balls were guaged (Wells report has the refs word) ok I'll buy that. But he doesn't know what guage he used. He didn't write down what ball measured what to start with.

So keep your physics in your pocket. I'll take the reports by the PHDs that proved the Ideal Gas Law could have this effect on the balls.

Thanks for playing.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let's start where you say several balls were at least 2 psi below. One ball measured by one official show a ball that was 2 psi below the league min when measured. Not several.
Second the other official measures the same ball with a different guage and there is a difference of almost .5 psi.

How can you even claim to use physyics when one you don't know what the starting pressure was and two you don't have a controls? No one knows if the balls were guaged (Wells report has the refs word) ok I'll buy that. But he doesn't know what guage he used. He didn't write down what ball measured what to start with.

So keep your physics in your pocket. I'll take the reports by the PHDs that proved the Ideal Gas Law could have this effect on the balls.

Thanks for playing.

LOL, I am a PhD physicist. I was wrong about the pressure changes, but my math above is correct, although I should probably take the absolute value of the changes in the Colts balls that met the standards rather than the use the negative values associated with the ones that on average were above regulation. That would mean that the Pats balls pressure changed 12 times more but it also lowers the standard deviation of the Colts balls as well which is really the most telling item of all. Still, you can do this same calculation and give the Pats the advantage. That is assume all their balls started at the minimum and all of the Colts balls started at the maximum. Even in this instance giving the Pats as much slack as possible and the Colts as little as possible, you find that the average change in pressure for the Pats balls was still 2 times more and the standard deviation of the pressure change is still the same. That is there are more inconsistencies with the pressure changes in the Pats balls than the Colts balls. That's not what you want to see if you are going to try to identify temperature as the culprit. Granted, all of this is much more reliable if you have the starting pressures but here, I am even giving the Pats the minimum change that could have occurred and assuming the maximum for the colts. But hey, believe whatever you want.. you are going to anyway.

I am dying to see these reports that show the ideal gas law was responsible for this effect and explain the minimum pressure changes that must have occurred. Please do share.

Like I said before the balls would have needed to be aired up in a room that that was 100+ degrees and measured in that room initially and then measured on the field at the game temperature see the sort of change seen in some of those balls. And you still neglect to see that variability in the changes from the minimum among other things. How does weather effect all of the balls differently?

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha
LOL, I am a PhD physicist. I was wrong about the pressure changes, but my math above is correct, although I should probably take the absolute value of the changes in the Colts balls that met the standards rather than the use the negative values associated with the ones that on average were above regulation. That would mean that the Pats balls pressure changed 12 times more but it also lowers the standard deviation of the Colts balls as well which is really the most telling item of all. Still, you can do this same calculation and give the Pats the advantage. That is assume all their balls started at the minimum and all of the Colts balls started at the maximum. Even in this instance giving the Pats as much slack as possible and the Colts as little as possible, you find that the average change in pressure for the Pats balls was still 2 times more and the standard deviation of the pressure change is still the same. That is there are more inconsistencies with the pressure changes in the Pats balls than the Colts balls. That's not what you want to see if you are going to try to identify temperature as the culprit. But hey, believe whatever you want.. you are going to anyway.

I am dying to see these reports that show the ideal gas law was responsible for this effect and explain the minimum pressure changes that must have occurred. Please do share.

Like I said before the balls would have needed to be aired up in a room that that was 100+ degrees and measured in that room initially and then measured on the field at the game temperature see the sort of change seen in some of those balls. And you still neglect to see that variability in the changes from the minimum among other things. How does weather effect all of the balls differently?
Serious question, have you been away? How did you miss all this months ago? There were multiple sources that debunked the Wells investigation. Sorry I'm on my tablet and can't link it for you. Google Exponent Deflatgate or anything close to that. There tests conducted in a controlled environment 72 degrees, with controls in place, with known starting points... clearly disputes what you're saying as well as what the Wells report says. I'm no physist but one thing you didn't mention was the rate the balls were filled at. No need to go into those gas laws with you since obviously you know what happens when those molecules bounce off each other at a rapid rate. So if the Colts filled their balls slowly in a locker room that was cooler than the Pats and the Pats rapidly filled their balls in a warmer room you would also find a great variance after introducing them to the elements. Correct?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I should have mentioned you would need to add debunked or disputed to the Exponent report or the Wells report. A couple other searches you can try are;
American Enterprise Insstitute or Dr. Mike Greenway deflategate should get you in the ballpark.

Lots of reading enjoy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRangerDude you are wasting your time here. There are a couple of Pats fan on this site with distraction/deflection skills beyond compare. Doesn't matter what you present, they have a (biased local media driven) debunking site/article/poll that is the only truth of this investigation. Facts the rest of us see aren't relevant because Tommy said they weren't true.

Reason is wasted here. Either have fun trolling them or save the dents in your wall and move on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you use the same gauge the Colts used on their sideline to check your balls? Or could you just tell because you played with balls a lot?

I love good back and forth chop busting, joke telling, banter...but that offen
It was up to 2psi in several balls... it was maybe a .5 drop for 1 or 2 if I remember correctly. I will see if I can find it, it was in the Wells Report. This dude is just in denial.

So on 12.5 psi that's like 16%. I'd say it's pretty significant, something Joe Football fan throwing the ball around in the park would notice and certainly something an NFL referee would notice. Conclusion: Bull shit...there no way that was weather related.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRangerDude you are wasting your time here. There are a couple of Pats fan on this site with distraction/deflection skills beyond compare. Doesn't matter what you present, they have a (biased local media driven) debunking site/article/poll that is the only truth of this investigation. Facts the rest of us see aren't relevant because Tommy said they weren't true.

Reason is wasted here. Either have fun trolling them or save the dents in your wall and move on.

That one sided beat down was almost painful to watch. My favorite part was: why yes I am a PHD Physicist...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you use the same gauge the Colts used on their sideline to check your balls? Or could you just tell because you played with balls a lot?

If you are going to try to be funny, at least be funny. This offends me as someone with a sense of humor...