• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boomer Sooner.....OU fans are the most die-hard but SEC most loyal conference fanbase

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for what it's worth I remember the pre-Fairbanks years too, when all we had to really cheer about was Steve Owens...but no, I was too young during the streak to remember it.

Got to go to a few games in Norman during the Owens years. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno if any Alabama-Auburn rivalries ever led to an Applebee's knife fight.

Longhorns vs. Sooners spat ends in knife fight; 2 men hospitalized | kens5.com San Antonio

As i said, murder has been involved with our fanbase and its football games and loyalty(fanaticism) to our team. Not a fan of those people, but they do exist.

Knife fights and almost castrations pale in comparison at this point.

Even had a man and his wife killed a few years back over an Alabama/LSU. If i remember correctly they(LSU fans) came to the guys house wielding a weapon and he pulled a bigger one and it ended badly for the man and his wife.

Sister: Deadly shooting was over Alabama loss

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno if any Alabama-Auburn rivalries ever led to an Applebee's knife fight.

Longhorns vs. Sooners spat ends in knife fight; 2 men hospitalized | kens5.com San Antonio

LMAO....:lol: Makes me think of:

knife-fight-o.gif

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I remember reading about the woman who shot her friend because she wasn't distraught enough over the loss...

People like that is why I support the death penalty.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I remember reading about the woman who shot her friend because she wasn't distraught enough over the loss...

People like that is why I support the death penalty.

Yeah, but it should be a public, pay per view execution.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said, murder has been involved with our fanbase and its football games and loyalty(fanaticism) to our team. Not a fan of those people, but they do exist.

Even had a man and his wife killed a few years back over an Alabama/LSU. If i remember correctly they(LSU fans) came to the guys house wielding a weapon and he pulled a bigger one and it ended badly for the man and his wife.

I'm officially very uncomfortable with this thread. If we are getting so competitive we are comparing murder episodes in fandom it's time to stop and get some perspective.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She killed a fellow 'Bama fan...not a rival...doesn't count.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm officially very uncomfortable with this thread. If we are getting so competitive we are comparing murder episodes in fandom it's time to stop and get some perspective.

read the whole thread to see how its gotten to this point.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She killed a fellow 'Bama fan...not a rival...doesn't count.

See the part in my post about the LSU fans that were killed over the Bama/LSU game. Clearly not Bama on Bama crime.

This is getting wierd and i agree with WT. If we Stoop(pun intended) so low as to glorify killings and knife fights, its time to reflect on why we're fans and what we get out of it.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To describe Howard Schellenberger, he had the confidence of Nick Saban, the cockiness of Pete Carroll and the mouth of Les Miles.....the difference is that Howard sucked at coaching and was a drunken lush smelling of whiskey 100% of the time..

Remember when some player almost died of a heat stroke and Schnelly basically called him a pussy.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the part in my post about the LSU fans that were killed over the Bama/LSU game. Clearly not Bama on Bama crime.

Cite?

This is getting wierd and i agree with WT. If we Stoop(pun intended) so low as to glorify killings and knife fights, its time to reflect on why we're fans and what we get out of it.

So it's weird now? Your request of WHEN YOUR FANS ACT CRAZIER THAN THIS GET BACK TO ME was met. My providing examples of the least sophisticated members of society acting out their foibles and forays into dumbassery doesn't glorify anything. I merely responded to your post. You're the one who felt somewhat prideful, it seems, that some 'Bama fans are human trash.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cite?

So it's weird now? Your request of WHEN YOUR FANS ACT CRAZIER THAN THIS GET BACK TO ME was met. My providing examples of the least sophisticated members of society acting out their foibles and forays into dumbassery doesn't glorify anything. I merely responded to your post. You're the one who felt somewhat prideful, it seems, that some college football fans are human trash.

You think i am less than truthful? Here is your citation then for reading pleasure. Moral of the story, never bring a handgun to a shotgun fight.

Alabama fan shoots, kills LSU fan and wife after Tiger loss - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3