• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 11

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 11

1st 4: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama

2nd 4: Georgia, Oregon, Minnesota, Utah

3rd 4: Oklahoma, Florida, Penn State, Auburn

Analysis: Major shakeup in the polls. LSU jumps to number 1 with a win over Alabama, but Alabama stays in the top 4. Ohio State and Clemson are definitely in contention. Minnesota with a big win over Penn State still has a chance to win the Big 10 West and a Rose Bowl berth. Oklahoma, Oregon, and Iowa are on the outside, and needs some help. LSU and Ohio State look like the best teams in the country.

My Picks for the Playoff: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama

Analysis: I can’t see Alabama losing another game, though Auburn is a tough out. That would give them the edge over the PAC champion and Oklahoma. Baylor is not rated in my poll, but can jump in easily with a win over Oklahoma. Would an undefeated Baylor beat out Alabama? I say no.

Most surprising: Minnesota, Baylor, Utah.

Analysis: All 3 teams are in contention for conference titles and a possible trip to the playoffs. Minnesota has its best team in 50 years. Still a tough row for them to hurdle. If Baylor can beat Oklahoma, they move into playoff contention. It’s likely Oregon or Utah for PAC title.

Most disappointing: Arkansas, Nebraska, Northwestern.

Analysis: Arkansas fired it’s coach, and has zero wins this year over an SEC opponent. It lost another game to a non-power 5 opponent. Nebraska continues to stumble The Big 10 West favorite, will be lucky to finish in the top 3. Northwestern won the Big 10 West last year, but only 1 one this year. The huge drop was not expected.

Heisman Trophy: Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Jalin Hurts.

Analysis: Only three are listed this week, as it seems very difficult for anyone else to crack the top 3. Joe and Tua had a great matchup last week and both survived. A number one finish will likely seal the trophy for Burrow. Jalin Hurts needs Oklahoma to keep winning in order to have a chance.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Georgia-Auburn, Baylor-Oklahoma, Minnesota-Iowa

Analysis: Some big games with impact on the playoffs. Georgia still has a solid shot to make the playoffs, but can’t stumble against Auburn. Georgia’s defense should make the difference with a 20-17 win. Biggest game of the year in the Big 12. Baylor could clinch the regular season title with a win over Oklahoma. Oklahoma has not looked good of late, but will rise to the occasion with a 41-31 win over Baylor. Minnesota is still undefeated and faces a big road test against Iowa. Minnesota will beat the point spread and roll over Iowa 31-20.

Big games left: Clemson-South Carolina, Ohio State-Michigan, Wisconsin-Minnesota, Penn State-Ohio State, Alabama-Auburn, SEC Championship, PAC 12 Championship, Big 10 Championship, ACC Championship, ACC Championship.

Analysis: Ohio State and Michigan could yet be the biggest remaining game. Michigan has improved of late. Alabama must beat Auburn to have any chance to make the playoffs. Georgia controls its own fate, but must win out, including the SEC Championship. Clemson has the easiest path with only it’s traditional rival South Carolina apparently standing in its way. The winner of Oregon and Utah in the PAC Championship, could be in line for a playoff berth.

The battle for the g-5 New Year’s Day bowl game should be either Boise State or the winner of the AAC championship. Just a hunch, but I’m going with Cincinnati.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama won't make the playoffs.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh. It's at Columbia and SC will be up for this game.

Eh, SC is hot trash. They somehow beat UGA but UGA has looked meh at times this year, since then theyve gotten steamrolled by a god awful Tennessee team and lost to App State. Clemson will beat them easily.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, SC is hot trash. They somehow beat UGA but UGA has looked meh at times this year, since then theyve gotten steamrolled by a god awful Tennessee team and lost to App State. Clemson will beat them easily.

They should, but it's still the biggest remaining game on their regular season schedule, and rivalry games are always rife with upsets.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis: I can’t see Alabama losing another game, though Auburn is a tough out. That would give them the edge over the PAC champion and Oklahoma. Baylor is not rated in my poll, but can jump in easily with a win over Oklahoma. Would an undefeated Baylor beat out Alabama?

The committee will not leave out an undefeated P5 champ. If Baylor were to somehow win out, they are for sure in.

Other things that definitely keep Bama out: undefeated LSU loses to Georgia in the CCG. Bama loses another game

Things that have a good chance of keeping Bama out: Minnesota beats an undefeated Ohio State in the CCG. Oklahoma wins out. Oregon or Utah win out.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee will not leave out an undefeated P5 champ. If Baylor were to somehow win out, they are for sure in.

Other things that definitely keep Bama out: undefeated LSU loses to Georgia in the CCG. Bama loses another game

Things that have a good chance of keeping Bama out: Minnesota beats an undefeated Ohio State in the CCG. Oklahoma wins out. Oregon or Utah win out.

I think you may have boxed yourself in. You have Minnesota beating an undefeated Ohio State. Is Minnesota undefeated when that happens? If not, the Big 10 is out. If LSU loses to Georgia, then both get in to the playoffs. Also Clemson. If Oregon or Utah win out, then it's likely they would go as the 4th team, not Baylor.

Remember this is all speculation, including my own picks. Very hard to see Baylor beating Oklahoma twice.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may have boxed yourself in. You have Minnesota beating an undefeated Ohio State. Is Minnesota undefeated when that happens? If not, the Big 10 is out. If LSU loses to Georgia, then both get in to the playoffs. Also Clemson. If Oregon or Utah win out, then it's likely they would go as the 4th team, not Baylor.

Remember this is all speculation, including my own picks. Very hard to see Baylor beating Oklahoma twice.
What happens if both Minnesota and Baylor go 13-0?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In theory, it could be LSU, Clemson, Minn, and Baylor. I really don't see either running the table, though Minnesota could finish the regular season 12-0.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be interesting. While I wouldn't say for sure it's going to happen I could see a scenario where Baylor gets jumped by a 1 loss Alabama or Ohio State for the fourth spot because of an OOC of a bad FCS in Stephen F. Austin, a horrid Rice team, and mediocre UTSA team. If they are to finish undefeated it would mean their best win would be beating what would have to be at best a three loss OU team and they have struggled with some average to bad teams during the season. I mean if the logic behind Clemson being left out of the initial top four is the struggle with UNC then Baylor should certainly be penalized for struggling with a bad Rice team, going to overtime with two mediocre squads in Texas Tech and TCU, and just slipping by a mediocre West Virginia.

In that scenario Minnesota would get the benefit of the doubt because of the much better wins they would have tallied.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Minny is in the CCG then they have only one loss or are undefeated. I dont think the committee leaves out a one loss B1G champ. Its whether Ohio State would also get in.

I dont think its speculation that an undefeated P5 champ gets in over a one loss who didnt win their own division. That's a certainty to me.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting. While I wouldn't say for sure it's going to happen I could see a scenario where Baylor gets jumped by a 1 loss Alabama or Ohio State for the fourth spot because of an OOC of a bad FCS in Stephen F. Austin, a horrid Rice team, and mediocre UTSA team. If they are to finish undefeated it would mean their best win would be beating what would have to be at best a three loss OU team and they have struggled with some average to bad teams during the season. I mean if the logic behind Clemson being left out of the initial top four is the struggle with UNC then Baylor should certainly be penalized for struggling with a bad Rice team, going to overtime with two mediocre squads in Texas Tech and TCU, and just slipping by a mediocre West Virginia.

In that scenario Minnesota would get the benefit of the doubt because of the much better wins they would have tallied.
Pretty accurate. Baylor looked better against K-State and Iowa State than Tech, TCU and West Virginia and their OOC was horrible. Minne's OOC was better but they struggled with all three.

We know we won't have all undefeated P5 champions so this is one of the few scenarios of utter chaos I could come up with.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure either Baylor or Minne would be "one of the four best teams" if they are undefeated. Most deserving, sure and their two coaches have done some damn good coaching jobs.

Just not one of the four best...at least using my "Old Senile Eyes" test.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly ANY currently unbeaten or 1 loss P5 that finishes with 1 loss or less will have a better resume thsn Bama could possibly end up with .

That includes a 1 loss Baylor, a 1 loss Minnesota or a 1 loss P12 champ.

Ironically the only exception to this may be a 1 loss Clemson .

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly at this point im convinced Bama is a lock for the playoff, regardless of what else happens, unless they happen to choke against Auburn.

You get the TUA WASNT 100% mulligan along with of "well their only loss was to #1" narrative jammed down our throats while complete ignoring the fact that Alabama has absolutely zero quality or near quality wins (I suppose Auburn will count as their lone if they beat them) based on the committees past actions I cant see them leaving Bama out at this point minus a loss to Auburn.