• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 11

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amusing how Georgia's loss to a terrible South Carolina team is going pretty much ignored........Playoff committee puts them at 4 this week

I'm surprised by that. Georgia has a test this week and then the SEC Championship. Defensively, this is Bama's worst team in awhile, and that's what will eventually cost them. They need a big win over Auburn and LSU to beat Georgia. Then they get back in the picture. I actually only see Oklahoma or Oregon beating them out.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely SHOULD. Doesnt mean they will. But i never said they would. Just that theyd have a better resume if they did

Baylor is 13th this week. That's what they're probably worth. They have not looked impressive to me. I've watched them play twice. Plus you have the terrible OOC schedule that they played.

Now, if they beat Oklahoma, and that's a big if, though Oklahoma is not playing great; then Baylor will go to the top 10, maybe as high as 8. Then they likely have to beat Oklahoma again in the Big 12 Championship. A 1 loss Oregon team will beat them out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is 13th this week. That's what they're probably worth. They have not looked impressive to me. I've watched them play twice. Plus you have the terrible OOC schedule that they played.

Now, if they beat Oklahoma, and that's a big if, though Oklahoma is not playing great; then Baylor will go to the top 10, maybe as high as 8. Then they likely have to beat Oklahoma again in the Big 12 Championship. A 1 loss Oregon team will beat them out.
If Baylor loses this week then wins out theyd have likely 3 top 25 wins. no bad losses and a conference title. If Bama wins out theyll likely have 1 top 25 win, no bad losses and no conference title. The resumes really arent close. That doesnt mean Bama wouldnt go but it wouldnt be based on results

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baylor loses this week then wins out theyd have likely 3 top 25 wins. no bad losses and a conference title. If Bama wins out theyll likely have 1 top 25 win, no bad losses and no conference title. The resumes really arent close. That doesnt mean Bama wouldnt go but it wouldnt be based on results

In all honesty, do you really think Baylor could beat Bama in a neutral site game? I know resumes are what really counts, but there has to be more than just stats that decides who gets in.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, do you really think Baylor could beat Bama in a neutral site game? I know resumes are what really counts, but there has to be more than just stats that decides who gets in.
I think if youre not going to value actual results theres no point in having supposed criteria or really a playoff at all. We dont need a playoff for eye test.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if youre not going to value actual results theres no point in having supposed criteria or really a playoff at all. We dont need a playoff for eye test.

I can agree in part with that. Some eye test is still valuable. However, no way I see Baylor or Minnesota at 13-0. If that happens, then you have a talking point.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised by that. Georgia has a test this week and then the SEC Championship. Defensively, this is Bama's worst team in awhile, and that's what will eventually cost them. They need a big win over Auburn and LSU to beat Georgia. Then they get back in the picture. I actually only see Oklahoma or Oregon beating them out.

I’m really not. SEC teams are pretty much given a “1st loss doesn’t count” pass by the committee it seems. No matter who it is against.

UGAs loss is by far the worst of the real contenders and it keeps looking worse and worse as weeks pass

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really not. SEC teams are pretty much given a “1st loss doesn’t count” pass by the committee it seems. No matter who it is against.

UGAs loss is by far the worst of the real contenders and it keeps looking worse and worse as weeks pass

If Georgia wins the SEC Championship, that will be forgotten.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree in part with that. Some eye test is still valuable. However, no way I see Baylor or Minnesota at 13-0. If that happens, then you have a talking point.
Its a different standard for non traditional powers for sure. Blue bloods A. Get the benefit of the doubt based on prior success B. Basically get 1 "free" loss every year and still have a good shot to make the playoff and C. Their schedule isnt nearly as important as non blue bloods . Teams like Minnesota and Baylor have to be perfect even if their actual results are better. This isnt news. Its just the way it is

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a different standard for non traditional powers for sure. Blue bloods A. Get the benefit of the doubt based on prior success B. Basically get 1 "free" loss every year and still have a good shot to make the playoff and C. Their schedule isnt nearly as important as non blue bloods . Teams like Minnesota and Baylor have to be perfect even if their actual results are better. This isnt news. Its just the way it is
The only thing Alabama has done this year that would make anyone think they're worthy of a top 4 spot this week is wear Alabama jerseys.

It would seem they have an explosive offense, but it's 1-dimensional (68th in rushing yards??). The best defense they've faced this year is 34th in scoring defense and 29th in total defense, Texas A&M. This is the same A&M defense that gave up 27 to a putrid Arkansas team. Defensively, they've been pretty mediocre by Bama standards, giving up 28+ points in 3 of their last 5 games. All of this while playing a poor SOS.

All in all, there just hasn't been much to brag about, but they're Alabama so there they are.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Alabama has done this year that would make anyone think they're worthy of a top 4 spot this week is wear Alabama jerseys.

It would seem they have an explosive offense, but it's 1-dimensional (68th in rushing yards??). The best defense they've faced this year is 34th in scoring defense and 29th in total defense, Texas A&M. This is the same A&M defense that gave up 27 to a putrid Arkansas team. Defensively, they've been pretty mediocre by Bama standards, giving up 28+ points in 3 of their last 5 games. All of this while playing a poor SOS.

All in all, there just hasn't been much to brag about, but they're Alabama so there they are.
Its really the best argument for either A.auto qualifiers or B. An actual set guideline for criteria. Either or those ( or both ) work but the out clause of " picking the 4 best teams" really just means its opinion instead of results based. The literal too 3 guidelines for the committee are SoS, conference titles and best wins. Theyve stated that before ( along with head to head if applicable ) yet we simply dont see those criteria used consistently because they get the "4 best teams" out.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just noted a tweet that Baylor had the worst ranking ever with their strength of schedule. Who the hell did they play? No big OOC games and they've yet to play Oklahoma or Texas. What gives?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noted a tweet that Baylor had the worst ranking ever with their strength of schedule. Who the hell did they play? No big OOC games and they've yet to play Oklahoma or Texas. What gives?
Theyve got wins over a ranked K State, a ranked OK State, plus .500 Iowa St. This years Baylor is actually a worse version of 2015 Iowa to this point. Ranked wins but lower ranked, some close games vs mediocre teams. The good news for Baylor is they get multiple more chances for ranked wins but theyll also plummet with a loss. Fair or not many people value how you win not just if you win

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theyve got wins over a ranked K State, a ranked OK State, plus .500 Iowa St. This years Baylor is actually a worse version of 2015 Iowa to this point. Ranked wins but lower ranked, some close games vs mediocre teams. The good news for Baylor is they get multiple more chances for ranked wins but theyll also plummet with a loss. Fair or not many people value how you win not just if you win

2 wins in OT, and a horrible OOC schedule. All 3 of their remaining games are against decent to good teams. They will lose at least one.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the biggest knock on Baylor is the fact that they struggled to beat 0-9 Rice by one score in an already horrific OOC, maybe the worst one I've ever seen.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the biggest knock on Baylor is the fact that they struggled to beat 0-9 Rice by one score in an already horrific OOC, maybe the worst one I've ever seen.
Sure but despite all that their current resume is still better than Bama, Clemson, Oregon, Utah etc.