• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions this Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are fine. Maxey is 21 and still cheap. Harden comes off the books in 23 and Tobias Harris in 24. I would be open to trade Embiid. The problem is that most teams that would want Embiid don’t have the assets to get it done. Take the Celtics for example. In addition to Embiid they’d have to take the last two years of Tobias Harris. They’d have to give up 4-5 1st round picks Jaylon Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Grant Williams and other pieces to match the salary of Embiid and Harris. Horford is too old and expensive. That salary would not be included.
The Cavs would trade for him. Allen & players + picks. Sexton doesn't make sense. Maybe Markannen but you probably want to get rid of Harris if he is included.
You immediate replace your center with a younger, cheaper option and then get more depth depending on what Philly would want in a trade. Cavs get a star alongside Mobley and Garland.

That being said, Embiid is not going anywhere and if he is Philly is getting a lot more than that for him imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what PHX would give up for Embiid? Very unrealistic but sign-and-trade with Ayton, probably have to add Bridges in there +picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Love for Embiid and fillers

do it jewish GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs would trade for him. Allen & players + picks. Sexton doesn't make sense. Maybe Markannen but you probably want to get rid of Harris if he is included.
You immediate replace your center with a younger, cheaper option and then get more depth depending on what Philly would want in a trade. Cavs get a star alongside Mobley and Garland.

That being said, Embiid is not going anywhere and if he is Philly is getting a lot more than that for him imo.
1654009758081.gif

So the centerpiece on an Embiid deal would be a guy Embiid wipes his ass with in head to head meetings. That’s adorable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what PHX would give up for Embiid? Very unrealistic but sign-and-trade with Ayton, probably have to add Bridges in there +picks.
They better come with Booker or it isn’t even worth entertaining. That’s what I’m saying.

Here’s the way an Embiid deal gets done:
Morey gives Harden the max
Morey fires Doc and hires Dantoni

Then Embiid publicly quits on the Sixers and says trade me. Then value is no longer a factor. Sixers will be left to pick the scraps of what’s the best of horrible offers. Embiid literally can’t be traded for until the situation devolves to the point of no return.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better come with Booker or it isn’t even worth entertaining. That’s what I’m saying.

Here’s the way an Embiid deal gets done:
Morey gives Harden the max
Morey fires Doc and hires Dantoni

Then Embiid publicly quits on the Sixers and says trade me. Then value is no longer a factor. Sixers will be left to pick the scraps of what’s the best of horrible offers. Embiid literally can’t be traded for until the situation devolves to the point of no return.
Very low chance Embiid is traded at least anytime soon. That would be awful giving Harden max and trading Embiid but like you said, as of right now the only chance he gets traded is if he asked to be traded.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury prone and he will start to decline. Beware
In the end, you may be right and they fail to build a winner around Embiid. But they’re going to run this out for the length of his contract which takes him to 32-33. I think it’s realistic to point to that time as the likely down turn. But with Embiid, his next trip down the floor could be his last with his injury history.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kings will trade 4 and be laughed off the stage for it….

….oh you said bold predictions, not stone cold locks….

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn't look into at all, just curious. Yeah with Poole's extension not kicking into affect until 23-24, the W's can stay put. We will see what happens with Payton though. I don't think he is worth more than $10-$12/year

Yeah there will eventually have to be some hard decisions to be made. The Warriors will have to figure out what to do additionally with Looney, Payton and Porter Jr. who are all free agents this year. Lots of moving parts.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are fine. Maxey is 21 and still cheap. Harden comes off the books in 23 and Tobias Harris in 24. I would be open to trade Embiid. The problem is that most teams that would want Embiid don’t have the assets to get it done. Take the Celtics for example. In addition to Embiid they’d have to take the last two years of Tobias Harris. They’d have to give up 4-5 1st round picks Jaylon Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Grant Williams and other pieces to match the salary of Embiid and Harris. Horford is too old and expensive. That salary would not be included.
I don’t mean to be pessimistic but I stand by the opinion. The process burned up a lot of Embid. Nothing else on their roster will get them beyond a playoff team out in first or second round. Time to start over and get max for Joel

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think the Lakers have enough assets for Morey to even pick up the phone. A deal of LeBron and AD wouldn’t even get it done.
Lakers won’t be Embids next team

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mean to be pessimistic but I stand by the opinion. The process burned up a lot of Embid. Nothing else on their roster will get them beyond a playoff team out in first or second round. Time to start over and get max for Joel
If you can produce a situation where the Sixers get true value coming back I would be willing to listen. I don’t think you can though. What I offered above comes close to giving the true value of Embiid back. Centers hit their prime at 26/27. Embiid is 28.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can produce a situation where the Sixers get true value coming back I would be willing to listen. I don’t think you can though. What I offered above comes close to giving the true value of Embiid back. Centers hit their prime at 26/27. Embiid is 28.
I won’t debate his value. In fact you are spot on in asking a lot. He probably has 4 elite years remaining. Somebody will bite. Good luck

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t debate his value. In fact you are spot on in asking a lot. He probably has 4 elite years remaining. Somebody will bite. Good luck
Because you’ll never be able to recoup that value the Sixers are what poker players would call “pot committed”. They have four years to try and turn mistakes and diminished assets into a workable lineup with role players around him. Sixers lack two way players. They need to invest in Maxey growing further and using Tobias Harris as a chip to get a two way 3 and D guy, a power forward with some snarl that is athletic and can rebound and doesn’t need a lot of shots but when asked to shoot 7-8 times a game can knock down his fair share. Not sure if they can turn the Harris asset into that but that would be the direction I take.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you’ll never be able to recoup that value the Sixers are what poker players would call “pot committed”. They have four years to try and turn mistakes and diminished assets into a workable lineup with role players around him. Sixers lack two way players. They need to invest in Maxey growing further and using Tobias Harris as a chip to get a two way 3 and D guy, a power forward with some snarl that is athletic and can rebound and doesn’t need a lot of shots but when asked to shoot 7-8 times a game can knock down his fair share. Not sure if they can turn the Harris asset into that but that would be the direction I take.
Thinking this through…maybe the Sixers and Harden can get PJ Tucker to take the Sixers mid-level this summer. That’s the perfect 4 that can do what I’m talking about. Then the pressure isn’t as high to get $.75-.80 on the dollar in a Tobias Harris deal. One place to look would be Phoenix. I think Tobias Harris would fit in nicely with that group. Sixers could send Harris and Thybulle and Sixers get Mikal Bridges but also take back the Dario Saric contract and maybe the Landry Shamet contract or any other contract Suns want out off.

I would roll a group of
Harden
Maxey
Bridges
Tucker
Embiid

Bench would be Saric Niang Milton Jaden Springer BBall Paul and Bassey. Sixers would have to tinker further for that bench. They could also potentially get back Danny Green around February off of his knee but who knows what he’ll be by then coming off of surgery and rehab when he already walks like he’s got a diaper full of neglected dump.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think D Ayton is going to sign elsewhere ?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think D Ayton is going to sign elsewhere ?
Yes I think the Suns will be put to the test of matching a max offer