• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions this Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honor your contract, never be a pussy. It’s so hard.
Do you even know the circumstance or are you jumping to conclusions. For all that we know he didn’t feel right or healthy and thought he needed more rest. It’s one game, like Tlance said if he does in Dallas it’s a track record. This is like saying a player can’t improve or get better at aspects of his game bc that’s who the player is. Young kids make stupid decisions, this isn’t worse than players involved in a domestic violence or criminal matter and we’ve seen players change. This is literally nothing lol

Big time overreaction

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know the circumstance or are you jumping to conclusions. For all that we know he didn’t feel right or healthy and thought he needed more rest. It’s one game, like Tlance said if he does in Dallas it’s a track record. This is like saying a player can’t improve or get better at aspects of his game bc that’s who the player is. Young kids make stupid decisions, this isn’t worse than players involved in a domestic violence or criminal matter and we’ve seen players change. This is literally nothing lol

Big time overreaction
Everyone can feel how they want to about him

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t disagree more.

Wood has been in the league for a few years, but he is still a young player.

The Rockets are totally devoid of locker room leaders and they are actively tanking.

People make mistakes. Wood made one here, but it is distant past. Nobody will take issue unless something like it happens in Dallas.

Got to give the man a pass considering the situation.
And long term because it happened with two players, for me it’s more of a reflection on the shit show the Rockets organization is right now and less on Porter and Woods. Of course, a bad look and a bad decision but not something that sticks on a guy going forward. Chalk it up to a bad choice and move on. A team should acquire talent and bet on assimilation to a top notch team culture they’ve created like a place like the Heat Celtics or Warriors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone can feel how they want to about him
Sure and we can also have our opinions, just seems like your are making a huge deal out of nothing. Maybe you have a vendetta against the guy, which is perfectly fine in my book

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And long term because it happened with two players, for me it’s more of a reflection on the shit show the Rockets organization is right now and less on Porter and Woods. Of course, a bad look and a bad decision but not something that sticks on a guy going forward. Chalk it up to a bad choice and move on. A team should acquire talent and bet on assimilation to a top notch team culture they’ve created like a place like the Heat Celtics or Warriors.
Agree but with KPJ he does have a track record. So if this was also Wood’s track record than maybe we question both instead of Houston. Houston does seem to have issues

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and we can also have our opinions, just seems like your are making a huge deal out of nothing. Maybe you have a vendetta against the guy, which is perfectly fine in my book
No vendetta, stuff like that follows a guy though. To this day people talk about Pippen refusing to go into the game. Hope he learned from it, horrible look.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but with KPJ he does have a track record. So if this was also Wood’s track record than maybe we question both instead of Houston. Houston does seem to have issues
Didn’t know that about KPJ. For me, even bigger indictment of Rocket culture if a dude like KPJ is a defacto leader in that locker room to bring another player on board with such a negative response to adversity.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No vendetta, stuff like that follows a guy though. To this day people talk about Pippen refusing to go into the game. Hope he learned from it, horrible look.
Pippen? The HOF’r…I guess it worked out for him lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t that a playoff game though where he was pissed that the play wasn’t drawn up for him on a last shot? Totally different stakes than Rockets playing out the string while tanking in the era of load management in the NBA with guys regularly missing 15-20 games per season despite being healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t know that about KPJ. For me, even bigger indictment of Rocket culture if a dude like KPJ is a defacto leader in that locker room to bring another player on board with such a negative response to adversity.
Well KPJ had the locker room incident and CLE that eventually got him traded to HOU. Then he had off the court issues. I haven’t heard anything bad about Wood

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pippen did it in the closing seconds of a playoff game because the play was drawn up for Kukoc.

Wood did it for a team trying to lose games because he was upset about being benched.

Not at all the same.

And yes, while that incident is part of Pippen’s story, it is a very small part. Had the Bulls written Pip off like you are trying to do with Wood, it would have cost them the second half of their dynasty.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen did it in the closing seconds of a playoff game because the play was drawn up for Kukoc.

Wood did it for a team trying to lose games because he was upset about being benched.

Not at all the same.

And yes, while that incident is part of Pippen’s story, it is a very small part. Had the Bulls written Pip off like you are trying to do with Wood, it would have cost them the second half of their dynasty.
Lmao I’m not writing anyone off, just saying buyer beware. I wouldnt want a guy that had quit on my team, to each his own though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao I’m not writing anyone off, just saying buyer beware. I wouldnt want a guy that had quit on my team, to each his own though.

1 game man.

You are badly over exaggerating what happened.

And yeah, saying you wouldn’t want him is writing him off.

Mavs got him for almost nothing. And he is a good player on a reasonable contract.

Might not work out, but there is literally no risk because the price was so low.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game man.

You are badly over exaggerating what happened.

And yeah, saying you wouldn’t want him is writing him off.

Mavs got him for almost nothing. And he is a good player on a reasonable contract.

Might not work out, but there is literally no risk because the price was so low.
I get it, I’m just not one to let character issues go without at least a mention like some people. Hope he never let’s it happens again.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, I’m just not one to let character issues go without at least a mention like some people. Hope he never let’s it happens again.
The Church Lady of the NBA ^^^

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, I’m just not one to let one mistake from a young man go without at least a mention like some people. Hope he never let’s it happens again.
fify I guess in your world everyone is perfect. It's one minor mistake. If these was the old days we probably never he hear about it but with social media everyone is magnified 1000x. Like I said, there is really zero risk-all reward with this deal. The only way it looks bad is if Wood: a. throws a fit and makes the organization look stupid b. commits a crime c. the 26th pick ends up being the next Klay Thompson and even then you can't blame any team for giving up scraps for a young player that not only has potential but has shown us a track record for two years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with a lot of your takes on player accountability and on the bullshit that some of these guys pull. But I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on this one.

It was a stupid childish thing that I'd bet he would love to have a mulligan on. Young men get mad and do stupid shit they end up wishing they hadn't done. It's kind of a specialty for young men and we've all been there. Fortunately, we mostly get to laugh about that shit when we're older (and watching our sons do the same shit lol).

Was it dumb? Yes. Should the team he's on keep an eye out for a bit to make sure it's not an issue? Yes. Should it negatively impact his career in any way? Nah.

Scottie Pippen once refused to enter a playoff game and Robert Horry once threw a towel in his coaches face during a game (It was Ainge which made it okay) and those moments didn't define their careers. As long as he doesn't do it again...this shouldn't define his or be anything more than a footnote.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with a lot of your takes on player accountability and on the bullshit that some of these guys pull. But I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on this one.

It was a stupid childish thing that I'd bet he would love to have a mulligan on. Young men get mad and do stupid shit they end up wishing they hadn't done. It's kind of a specialty for young men and we've all been there. Fortunately, we mostly get to laugh about that shit when we're older (and watching our sons do the same shit lol).

Was it dumb? Yes. Should the team he's on keep an eye out for a bit to make sure it's not an issue? Yes. Should it negatively impact his career in any way? Nah.

Scottie Pippen once refused to enter a playoff game and Robert Horry once threw a towel in his coaches face during a game (It was Ainge which made it okay) and those moments didn't define their careers. As long as he doesn't do it again...this shouldn't define his or be anything more than a footnote.
You are probably right, in the end maybe it’s part of why Houston didn’t get much for him. Hope he does well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, in the end maybe it’s part of why Houston didn’t get much for him. Hope he does well.

Highly doubt it.

This is a pattern for Houston giving away talented assets on favorable contracts for cheap.

Says more about Houston than it does Wood.