• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions this Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot for Wiggins. He always got a bad rap in Minny because he is not cut out to be a star, he thrives now because he does not have to be. If he goes somewhere where he has to take more responsibility for him, the narrative on him will shift right back to where it was.
He's turned into a good defensive player and can give a team 20-22 points a game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, okay.....I know you guys have been waiting for a BOLD prediction from me.

HERE IT GOES: RW and a 1st for Brog, Hield and a 2nd. The Pacers unload longer term contracts to blow it up and take on RW's expiring deal and sell some tickets with the RW brand.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's turned into a good defensive player and can give a team 20-22 points a game.
He is basically the exact same player he was in Minnesota, only without the expectation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is basically the exact same player he was in Minnesota, only without the expectation.
And with much better players around him. Less pressure and easier to be yourself with HOFr's all around you...that being said, he still has stepped up. Barnes in the same role crumbled at times.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with much better players around him. Less pressure and easier to be yourself with HOFr's all around you...that being said, he still has stepped up. Barnes in the same role crumbled at times.
Full credit too him, I think the main difference is Barnes wanted to be a star, Wiggins is thrilled to be the 4th guy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he improve? or is he now plugged in next to elite defenders so his same behavior appears better?
He has gotten better. I have watched him and he plays better man to man defense than he did in Minnesota.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has improved his defense with the Warriors so no he isn't.
He does look improved but it helps being surrounded by a handful of great defensive players. It makes a huge difference and GS has one of the best team defenses for awhile now. Also, he doesn't have to be a 2nd option like in Minny...he can be a 3rd or even 4th option at times that lets him focus on defense.
I'm not going to sit here and say he has greatly improved but he has embraced his role. If I am other team I am not sold on him coming onto my team and being a solid #2 option though. I think he would be a nice fit for CLE but kinda doubt it happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has gotten better. I have watched him and he plays better man to man defense than he did in Minnesota.
He was a really good defender in Minny but nobody helped him...that can great diminish what a player looks like on the court. I'm not dogging him, he's been great for GS but that's just it...for GS.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the opposing teams ortg improving when he sits means?

edit: Looking at his on/off stats. Warriors are warriors whether he plays or not. every stat is slighly improved with him being there, but it is all negligible difference.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing that he did not improve, he absolutely did. It is all minor improvements though. The biggest change to his game is being the 4th/5th guy. The rest is all negligible

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing that he did not improve, he absolutely did. It is all minor improvements though. The biggest change to his game is being the 4th/5th guy. The rest is all negligible

Yeah I agree.

His improvements were minimal. He is just viewed differently in GS. Perspective is everything.

It is why I always thought trading him for Russel plus throwing in a 1st rounder was absurd. He wasn't a star in MN. But he was a very solid basketball player on a really shitty team.

So the W's are either paying Wiggins or Poole/Payton? I know Poole is going to get a big payday most likely and that means Wiggins is gone, right? @CitySushi

The Warriors will sucker some team into trading too much for Poole and he will go to a new team, get paid large and be a huge disappointment. There's an offseason prediction.

If the choice is between keeping Wiggins or Poole, it has to be Wiggins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron will be blamed all summer long for the Lakers roster. I always thought the GM was in charge of roster. But it seems like the Lakers organization plays by a different set of rules.

And why is Pelinka allowed to continue to steal money from Jeannie Buss? People keep saying LeBron's the real GM of the team. If that's really true, which it's not, he should have a bigger salary.
I mean, if you want to say Pelinka is the GM in title and makes the official moves I doubt anyone would disagree. Do you think Lebron does not have influence in moves they make or made?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot for Wiggins. He always got a bad rap in Minny because he is not cut out to be a star, he thrives now because he does not have to be. If he goes somewhere where he has to take more responsibility for him, the narrative on him will shift right back to where it was.
That is definitely a good point, but with Garland, sexton, allen, Mobley and Love not sure he'd have that much responsibility here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you want to say Pelinka is the GM in title and makes the official moves I doubt anyone would disagree. Do you think Lebron does not have influence in moves they make or made?

Yeah, it cracks me up when posters try to act like it's some simple thing to just tell a star level player no. When star players say they want a certain player or players any GM who doesn't give it a fair amount of weight is a fool.

We all know that Lebron, AD and Klutch used every bit of leverage they had to get what they wanted. Folks can say that Pelinka afforded them more leverage than they really had and should have stuck to his guns and done the Hield trade anyway...and I would agree. But folks trying to act like Lebron et al don't deserve a big chunk of the blame just shows a lack of understanding about how things work.

I'm hoping that refusing to give up a 1st round pick just to move Westbrook for Worse Westbrook is a sign that he learned his lesson.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, okay.....I know you guys have been waiting for a BOLD prediction from me.

HERE IT GOES: RW and a 1st for Brog, Hield and a 2nd. The Pacers unload longer term contracts to blow it up and take on RW's expiring deal and sell some tickets with the RW brand.
This is a really dumb trade for the Pacers. Payroll about $88 million and no real urgency to spend right now. Westbrook does nothing for us but to stunt Haliburton’s development.

If this happens, please ban me from SportsHoopla @trojanfan12. You have my word.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree.

His improvements were minimal. He is just viewed differently in GS. Perspective is everything.

It is why I always thought trading him for Russel plus throwing in a 1st rounder was absurd. He wasn't a star in MN. But he was a very solid basketball player on a really shitty team.

The Warriors will sucker some team into trading too much for Poole and he will go to a new team, get paid large and be a huge disappointment. There's an offseason prediction.

If the choice is between keeping Wiggins or Poole, it has to be Wiggins.
If you’re in the finals, why would you trade either? I would think Kuminga would be future up front. The easy and cost efficient thing to do thing would be to let Wiggins expire and then hand the keys to Kuminga. Wouldn’t mind hearing @CitySushi opinion on this.