• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blow up the Heat

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think Meyer is a saint, but also don't think he wanted the biggest budget and most hours at that time. I think he wanted a break, and ESPN was waiting there with millions with a cushy job, home all week taking his wife with him on weekend trips where he'd work a couple half-days, and I would take that too. Then his dream one opened up, he was recharged so back he went.

As for Florida, I think he brought in a LOT of talent right up to the end and better than anyone since by FAR. His last year there we had something like 4 of the top 10 ranked college players signed and everyone called it easily the best class. Muschamp ruined that team, not Urban.

And no offense, but I wouldn't call recruiting in the South against Bama, LSU, FSU, Miami, Georgia, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC is "the easiest". Shoot, last year Florida Atlantic and USF got as many commits from 3 star recruits as Michigan State and Penn State. They have a lot of money because they HAVE to to compete in that locale.

I agree with you on most of this. But I call recruiting "easy" in the sense that you'll get your fair share of elite recruits being that you're in the SEC in Florida. Muschamp didn't know how to develop talent on the offense, but Urban left that UF o-line and receiving core bare.

Hell, the southeast (Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Louisiana) is by far the most talented region in the nation....and it's not even close.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think Meyer is a saint, but also don't think he wanted the biggest budget and most hours at that time. I think he wanted a break, and ESPN was waiting there with millions with a cushy job, home all week taking his wife with him on weekend trips where he'd work a couple half-days, and I would take that too. Then his dream one opened up, he was recharged so back he went.

As for Florida, I think he brought in a LOT of talent right up to the end and better than anyone since by FAR. His last year there we had something like 4 of the top 10 ranked college players signed and everyone called it easily the best class. Muschamp ruined that team, not Urban.

And no offense, but I wouldn't call recruiting in the South against Bama, LSU, FSU, Miami, Georgia, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC is "the easiest". Shoot, last year Florida Atlantic and USF got as many commits from 3 star recruits as Michigan State and Penn State. They have a lot of money because they HAVE to to compete in that locale.
You do realize Ohio State's football budget shits on Florida's right.. as does Michigan's. the facilities at Florida are a joke. Outside of its location... its not a comparable job to Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State from a pure budget stand point.

Florida isn't even the biggest budget in the SEC from what I can see... Both LSU and Alabama bring in more revenue.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jamis Winston said it best when he made the trip up to Michigan to train with Jim Harbaugh before last years draft -

"These guys don't know how blessed they are to have this kind of facility. I mean, Florida State, we're a very prestigious school, we have nice stuff, but we don't have this. I'm sorry, I love Florida State. Go 'Noles till the day I die, but Michigan is so much more advanced than us."

Nobody in the SEC has facilities that rival Michigan or OSU... the only thing keeping them flush with talent is their location.. when a kid is willing to travel... and they see what is up north... They go there... look how many kids from the South Urban and Harbaugh got in the last two signing periods alone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MiamiVice, if you changed your favorite team to the Lakers -- you'd immediately be transformed from being an idiot to being brilliant.

If it hasn't happened in the last 30 years, it never will.

* looks around at all the empty seats on bandwagon as one side sits on bricks*

Lob City!