• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Griffin

Where will Griffin play next year?

• Celtics

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bulls

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lakers

• Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WIzards

• Rockets

• Clippers

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with City Sushi in that if he was in a team that played more fast break offense he would do better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers cannot afford to lose Blake. He's still only 28 years old and he still has superstar abilities. This is probably one of the very few times I disagree with @tlance but I think Griffin was actually under-utilized with the Clips as currently constructed. Blake is actually imo a really good passer. He's the type of guy I think you could run an offense through. The problem is that you have CP3 who pounds the rock for 16 seconds before anything reallly gets started on offense.

Defensively, he's paired perfectly with Jordan. What I think the Clips need to do is reconstruct their front court. What they need to do is convert from a P&R heavy offense with a ball dominant point guard, to an open flow team. I think Blake would thrive in that. Give him an opportunity to work in space and move. Use his athletcism and use his passing ability. He has a good handle for a guy his size too.

CP3 is an all-time great point guard in the NBA, but he needs to be the one with the ball in his hands 24/7 for him to be most effective. He needs complimentary pieces more so than other stars around him. Blake is not a complimentary piece. He's a foundation piece, imo.

You could be right. I may be biased because CP3 has always been one of my favorite players to watch. He is so skilled. He does appear to be slowing down some though. Perhaps it is more fit for Blake than anything else. Offensively He needs to be used like Chris Webber was in Sacramento.

Still though, it is difficult for any big with limited defensive capabilities to thrive in today's guard dominated league. Just not sure what team would be able to use his talents correctly and still be a contender. I am not sure that team exists.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id sign him- try it one more year and then deal him if it doesnt work out.

i dont see why he would give up the money and leave LA when he seems to like the attention. Where else would be go? Who is a viable option?

I just dont really see it.
If you buy what the rumor mill is saying, they are both taking the money.

So, it's a moot point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. I may be biased because CP3 has always been one of my favorite players to watch. He is so skilled. He does appear to be slowing down some though. Perhaps it is more fit for Blake than anything else. Offensively He needs to be used like Chris Webber was in Sacramento.

Still though, it is difficult for any big with limited defensive capabilities to thrive in today's guard dominated league. Just not sure what team would be able to use his talents correctly and still be a contender. I am not sure that team exists.
He would be awesome in Portland.

Blake can get his own shot, has good handles for a big and is above average as a passer.

Dame and CJ are only interested in scoring.

Blake could play a bit of point forward to help get the other guys shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers cannot afford to lose Blake. He's still only 28 years old and he still has superstar abilities. This is probably one of the very few times I disagree with @tlance but I think Griffin was actually under-utilized with the Clips as currently constructed. Blake is actually imo a really good passer. He's the type of guy I think you could run an offense through. The problem is that you have CP3 who pounds the rock for 16 seconds before anything reallly gets started on offense.

Defensively, he's paired perfectly with Jordan. What I think the Clips need to do is reconstruct their front court. What they need to do is convert from a P&R heavy offense with a ball dominant point guard, to an open flow team. I think Blake would thrive in that. Give him an opportunity to work in space and move. Use his athletcism and use his passing ability. He has a good handle for a guy his size too.

CP3 is an all-time great point guard in the NBA, but he needs to be the one with the ball in his hands 24/7 for him to be most effective. He needs complimentary pieces more so than other stars around him. Blake is not a complimentary piece. He's a foundation piece, imo.
The Clippers need a 3 and D wing, good health, a competent GM and shooters.

I don't think anyone in the NBA cost themselves as much money as JJ Redick did.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers need a 3 and D wing, good health, a competent GM and shooters.

I don't think anyone in the NBA cost themselves as much money as JJ Redick did.

Yeah, for sure. JJ cost himself a good chunk of money. On the flip side Ian Clark is making himself a ton of money. I wouldn't really be surprised if he got 10M a year after this from someone desperate for some shooting and scoring.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure. JJ cost himself a good chunk of money. On the flip side Ian Clark is making himself a ton of money. I wouldn't really be surprised if he got 10M a year after this from someone desperate for some shooting and scoring.
10m per will be like giving a guy the mid level exception in today's NBA.

So, I wouldn't be surprised.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, it's a moot point.
The Clippers are a decent team really - The only problem is they aren't contenders for a championship and never will be without some changes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, it's a moot point.
almost everyone everywhere will take the money.

I mean---- who do you think the biggest free agent that will move this offseason will be? MAYBE Gordon Heyward? MAYBE Kyle Lowry if the Raptors decide to give up on him?