• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Griffin

Where will Griffin play next year?

• Celtics

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bulls

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lakers

• Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WIzards

• Rockets

• Clippers

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....chances he stays a Clipper are, like less than 10% right?

Where's he headed?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure but I think that Celtics can afford it and it would be an attractive destination for him

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Clippers are going to give up on Griffin that easily. Balmer understands what the Clippers culture hasn't been. No player in recent history if ever can be called an all star caliber player and a Clipper. By being faithful to Griffin, the organization has a chance to create a better identity with Paul and Griffin as competitive winners that will bring in the fans and the $$$$. Besides that, while time is running out on this team, its the best chance they have of staying in the playoffs a few more years championship run or not

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Clippers are going to give up on Griffin that easily. Balmer understands what the Clippers culture hasn't been. No player in recent history if ever can be called an all star caliber player and a Clipper. By being faithful to Griffin, the organization has a chance to create a better identity with Paul and Griffin as competitive winners that will bring in the fans and the $$$$. Besides that, while time is running out on this team, its the best chance they have of staying in the playoffs a few more years championship run or not

The problem is, Griffin just isn't that valuable and the pieces don't fit. At some point, they have to try something different.

I am honestly not sure why, but I feel like Blake's skill set just doesn't add many wins. He is a true PF in an era where the PF is being phased out. He doesn't defend all that well and he takes a lot of mid range jumpers. When you add in the injury history, I just can't see him making a serious impact anywhere he lands. Unless, he signs somewhere like the Lakers and helps them go from 25 wins to 40.

Griffin is like a better version of Carlos Boozer. He has some nice skills, but it is difficult for Teams to utilize those skills effectively in today's NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, Griffin just isn't that valuable and the pieces don't fit. At some point, they have to try something different.

I am honestly not sure why, but I feel like Blake's skill set just doesn't add many wins. He is a true PF in an era where the PF is being phased out. He doesn't defend all that well and he takes a lot of mid range jumpers. When you add in the injury history, I just can't see him making a serious impact anywhere he lands. Unless, he signs somewhere like the Lakers and helps them go from 25 wins to 40.

Griffin is like a better version of Carlos Boozer. He has some nice skills, but it is difficult for Teams to utilize those skills effectively in today's NBA.

It almost feels like he has been a step behind what the league is doing at his position for most of his career. He came in as a true "back to the basket" type PF when other PF's were starting to extend out to 10'-15' feet. So he developed that shot just as the other PF's were becoming stretch 4's and hitting 3's.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would leave.

But, we couldn't get a replacement.

So, Doc and Ballmer sound like they want to keep them both.

I still believe a fresh start would be best for everyone.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as i know theres some kind of penalty which is considerable if a team resigns the same player so many times. Its a weird rule. I think you resign Chris Paul.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Celtics for #1 overall.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would leave.

I think you got to give both of them one more year with your eyes and ears open for a better opportunity if it were to happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would leave.

id sign him- try it one more year and then deal him if it doesnt work out.

i dont see why he would give up the money and leave LA when he seems to like the attention. Where else would be go? Who is a viable option?

I just dont really see it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see here...what if they let Blake walk and then PG wants to go to LA. He might just go to a different LA team. Then you have CP3, PG and DeAndre. Gotta get rid of some of those old players, Pierce is retiring, then build around that core. I would let Blake walk but if they cant get a young, valuable replacement then you have to sign him back

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think LA's best option is to resign him and CP3. Look, the team is done but they can't blow it up either because they'd literally have nothing to build on. With the way the new CBA is, a sign and trade doesn't really work anymore so their options are very limited. LA is in between a rock and a hard place. Best they can hope for imo is to sign both to short term deals (2 years) for max money and immediately start shopping them in trades when they are eligible in December. Trouble with that is the still have to convince those two to accept a deal to stick around. Both could easily say "fuck this, I'm out".

Basically, the Clippers are screwed

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel this is the end of the Clippers as constituted today. Doc will go to Orlando, CP3 probably to Lakers as a vet/leader, and Blake who knows where. Celtics would like him if the numbers worked.

Clippers will need to go to the trough. They could have rebuilt last year, but they stayed with the plan and again bad luck hit them. It was a good run tho.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj seems to think that Blake isn't going anywhere

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers cannot afford to lose Blake. He's still only 28 years old and he still has superstar abilities. This is probably one of the very few times I disagree with @tlance but I think Griffin was actually under-utilized with the Clips as currently constructed. Blake is actually imo a really good passer. He's the type of guy I think you could run an offense through. The problem is that you have CP3 who pounds the rock for 16 seconds before anything reallly gets started on offense.

Defensively, he's paired perfectly with Jordan. What I think the Clips need to do is reconstruct their front court. What they need to do is convert from a P&R heavy offense with a ball dominant point guard, to an open flow team. I think Blake would thrive in that. Give him an opportunity to work in space and move. Use his athletcism and use his passing ability. He has a good handle for a guy his size too.

CP3 is an all-time great point guard in the NBA, but he needs to be the one with the ball in his hands 24/7 for him to be most effective. He needs complimentary pieces more so than other stars around him. Blake is not a complimentary piece. He's a foundation piece, imo.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably to the Cavs or Warriors to collude

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably to the Cavs or Warriors to collude
u4sluch.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to pay a guy max money when he's hurt literally every year?