• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell is the GOAT

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, wrong.

Then Rings would mean nothing right? And you are talking about a 1 on 1 contest?

Because Wilt can be the better individual player with Russell still being better at basketball because basketball is a team sport. Their wins and losses show very acutely who was the better team player as well as the success of their teams.

So if all that matters is an individuals on court skill set disregarding the actual point to playing a game vs another team then I agree, Wilt would probably be higher than Russell on the GOAT list. But then again, it seems that the people who watched these 2 play gave Russell 5 MVPs to Wilt's 4 and Wilt did not get his 3 in a row until Russell was old while Russell earned his 4 in 5 years during Wilt's prime.

Also, despite what Russell says it seems that the MVP was voted on by the players until 1980, so Russell may have had a very high opinion of Wilt and his teammates, but it seems most of the players' opinion favored Russell during their primes.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving him laughably inferior to Wilt.

If Wilt was so vastly superior to Russell he (Chamberlain) would own more than 2 rings, it's just that simple... and I don't want to hear the "teammate" argument because Wilt also played on stacked teams throughout the vast majority of his career, yet all he could manage is 2 Championships in 14 seasons?!?

Yes... he may have been the more dominating player; however when you look at the entire package (and that INCLUDES "team" success), there is no argument for putting Wilt ahead of Russell on the all-time list.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't like to admit it but Russell was much more like a taller Ben Wallace, he was a defence first guy because he was not really good offensively so to his credit he played to his strengths. i mean the guy was a Center and shot .440 from the field for his career.

Russell wasn't Wilt Offensively, but to compare him to Ben Wallace is laughably ignorant.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder what Iverson's #'s were against señor Air

YIKES! Talk about head cases!

If Iverson's physical size was a big as his ego he'd make Wilt look like a pygmy!

He might be the most talented team WRECKER ever.

He was the ANTI-Celtic and I thank goodness he never was on my team. And I generally admire shorter-than-NBA players like Rajon Rondo!

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter who we have at #1 right now...LeBron is going to take their spot..that much is a given. For the record I have Jordan at the spot...for the time being.

LeChokesOnDick's best dreams couldn't compare to Wilt Chamberlain.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY could stop Wilt Chamberlain on a basketball court.

he can beat you ANY possible way you want to imagine, he is simply the greatest there ever was.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you want a top 5...well here it is...not up for debate.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Wilt
5. Russell
6. Bird
7. LeBron (get mad)
8. Kobe
9. Duncan
10. idk

I did 9 for ya.

shitty ass list by a shitty ass poster.

nobody can fuck with the absolute dominance of Wilt Chamberlain.

LeChokesonDick is a nobody if not for a shortened season and old man Ray Allen bailing his sorry, choking ass out.

LeBron James is an absolute joke and always has been, always will be.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the History of the Planet can fuck with the greatness of Wilt Chamberlain.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty ass list by a shitty ass poster.

nobody can fuck with the absolute dominance of Wilt Chamberlain.

LeChokesonDick is a nobody if not for a shortened season and old man Ray Allen bailing his sorry, choking ass out.

LeBron James is an absolute joke and always has been, always will be.

Your welcome is worn.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe of the players your old enough to have actually watched.

Better than Magic Johnson or Larry Bird? I doubt it.

He said "most dominant" which Wilt certainly is. No close second and not even up for debate.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's simply the most dominant player ever.

rings are a team accomplishment, give Wilt Russell's teams and they handily win the title every year.

Not in the Playoffs / Finals he isn't/wasn't... you know, when it matters most.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's simply the most dominant player ever.

rings are a team accomplishment, give Wilt Russell's teams and they handily win the title every year.

Who's Wilt Russell? :lol:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I had always thought that Leclown was Botslayer's pick for "World's Greatest Player." I could deal with Bill Russell but no way Leflop is the GOAT.