• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell is the GOAT

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan couldn't ever dream of having the impact of Wilt Chamberlain, who was a dominating rim protector, rebounder, scorer, and an excellent passer.

the league had to change the rules because Wilt was so dominant, with Jordan the rule changes were made to make things easier for him, and he had the refs in his back pocket his entire career.

I have Wilt, Kareem, Magic over Jordan. All 3 were better basketball players.

Jordan was great but didn't have the offensive and defensive impact of Wilt Chamberlain.

Sorry kiddo but you have no clue... in the "Playoffs / Finals" (which is what we're discussing) NO PLAYER was more dominating than Jordan, and clearly not Wilt (who laid more than his fair share of postseason eggs AND saw his Offense decline by nearly 8-PPG vs. his regular season average).

Case in point: The year Wilt averaged 50-PPG he saw his average DECLINE a staggering 15-PPG in the Playoffs (going up against Red Kerr and Russell). Jordan, on the other hand, saw his Playoffs / Finals production increase to legendary / iconic levels; setting / breaking more Playoffs/Finals records than ANY player in NBA history.

I'll give you Wilt's "regular season" dominance on the Offensive end; however he canNot touch the impact MJ had in the Playoffs / Finals.

Fact... !!

Last edited by a moderator:

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry kiddo but you have no clue... in the "Playoffs / Finals" (which is what we're discussing) NO PLAYER was more dominating than Jordan, and clearly not Wilt (who laid more than his fair share of postseason eggs AND saw his Offense decline by nearly 8-PPG vs. his regular season average).

Case in point: The year Wilt averaged 50-PPG he saw his average DECLINE a staggering 15-PPG in the Playoffs (going up against Red Kerr and Russell). Jordan, on the other hand, saw his Playoffs / Finals production increase to legendary / iconic levels; setting / breaking more Playoffs/Finals records than ANY player in NBA history.

I'll give you Wilt's "regular season" dominance on the Offensive end; however he canNot touch the impact MJ had in the Playoffs / Finals.

Fact... !!

Jordan isn't fit to shine Wilt Chamberlain's shoes.

Wilt's numbers dropped because entire TEAMS had to work to stop him, and he still put up legendary numbers, FAR better than jordan.

his overall impact is simply far greater than jordan could ever hope of having.

jordan played in a watered down, weak era that was catered to his game.

Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest and most dominating force in NBA History, his overall impact on the offensive and defensive end is unmatched.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilt's numbers dropped because entire TEAMS had to work to stop him, and he still put up legendary numbers, FAR better than jordan.

Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest and most dominating force in NBA History, his overall impact on the offensive and defensive end is unmatched.

***rolling eyes***

Bill Russell's production increased in the Playoffs / Finals... Wilt's declined. Period. So your "era" nonsense holds zero water... and Jordan also had entire teams focus their defense on stopping him, fool.

Also... ROFLMAO at your claim that the 80's / 90's "catered" to perimeter slashers like Jordan.

Hahahahahaha...!!!

WoW... !!!

Wilt is the most dominating "regular season" player ever, from a statistical perspective. But once you get to the Playoffs / Finals that's a different story altogether... Wilt's doesn't make the Top 10.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get to see Wilt but I have to say that if your impact on a field exceeds that field and becomes a cultural movement then you are definitely talking someone with more influence and affect on the game and society in general. MJ had/has all that. I can't think of a player that had more impact than MJ did.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a dominant big man always has a bigger impact than guards. that's common knowledge.

Wilt and Kareems ability to alter/block shots and securing posessions with their rebounding put them over the top over ANY guard.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a dominant big man always has a bigger impact than guards. that's common knowledge.

Wilt and Kareems ability to alter/block shots and securing posessions with their rebounding put them over the top over ANY guard.

Win shares per 48 minutes is Jordan@ #1, all day, every day. Sorry...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact... !!

Yeah, Red Kerr and Russell stopped Wilt.

tumblr_lkh8k1F78g1qebj6ko1_500.gif

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win shares per 48 minutes is Jordan@ #1, all day, every day. Sorry...

There's no way anyone can ever convince me Jordan wasn't the greatest ever. I wasn't particularly a fan, but watching him play was unlike any athlete ever. He's the greatest and we'll never see better in our lifetime. As for dominant 2 guards, I'd go with

Jordan
The Big O
Kobe

And I'd take 'Nique ahead of LeBron. Could have been Jordan-esque if he hadn't wasted all his energy in the bedroom.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way anyone can ever convince me Jordan wasn't the greatest ever. I wasn't particularly a fan, but watching him play was unlike any athlete ever. He's the greatest and we'll never see better in our lifetime. As for dominant 2 guards, I'd go with

Jordan
The Big O
Kobe

And I'd take 'Nique ahead of LeBron. Could have been Jordan-esque if he hadn't wasted all his energy in the bedroom.

Nique was so good. He had legendary battles against Bird and Jordan. How is he always forgotten?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilt's numbers also dropped because what he had between the ears wasn't as enviable as what he had from the shoulders down.

Russell was the other way around and I have always been fond of players like that.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Red Kerr and Russell stopped Wilt.

tumblr_lkh8k1F78g1qebj6ko1_500.gif

Wilt averaged 35-PPG in the Playoffs that year so neither Kerr nor Russ "stopped" him; however Chamberlain averaged 50-PPG during the regular season that year... so getting back to my point, Wilt's postseason production often times declined significantly (relative to his regular season output).

Jordan's didn't... nor did Russell's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to try and minimize Wilt's career to make MJ's look better, but your statement in bold is off base imo.

Wilt was a freak of nature for the era that he played in...much like Jim Brown was...he put up the kind of numbers he did in a league that had like 16 teams and he only faced a couple of players even close to being physically able to stop him. Clearly Wilt was the most dominant player possibly ever, but it would be interesting to see how he would've fared in an era with more competition.

Wilt's teams lost far too many times to the Celtics when it really mattered for him to be the goat imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan
The Big O
Kobe

Wow...that's bold...Nique didn't have the ball handling skills of LeBron...wasn't a strong finisher going left, but hops were out of this world.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan
The Big O
Kobe

:laugh3: That has been my problem too... :laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the general consensus of MJ fans.

Jordan is universally regarded as the GOAT... not only among fans, but also in the eyes of players, coaches, analysts, and just about everyone else.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is universally regarded as the GOAT... not only among fans, but also in the eyes of players, coaches, analysts, and just about everyone else.

I agree but that doesn't make me right. It just means I share the same opinion. Everyone has an opinion and all are valid.