• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill O'Brien to interview for Houston Texans job?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought in kids that are classier than he is as a grown man.

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened or who is to blame, but by all accounts from what I've read it seems as though his negotiations with PSU fell through bc of NCAA restrictions on $ for coaches and facility upgrades... That said I've also seen that they reached a deal and he still backed out. Don't know what the true deal is.

Fact is this most likely exposes PSU in many more ways than the average joe realizes. No current president, an AD who is only the 64th highes paid in D1 and a BOT that isn't trusted by a single alum probably pushed BOB out.

All that said... TexasMan & you other Texans fans. Get your private jet up here and get BOB out of my state ASAP.

Prolly start with the fans. When a coach basically says the paternophiles make him want to punch ojt a windshield thhings arent going well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly start with the fans. When a coach basically says the paternophiles make him want to punch ojt a windshield thhings arent going well.

If thats the case, good riddens.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are "Paterno people" anyway?

serious question...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are "Paterno people" anyway?

serious question...

I assume it's people that have Paterno level expectations.

Like there are people in Nebraska with Osborne level expectations.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in Bellefonte and know the Paterno people are just about anyone in the entire area. Virtually every person who lives there knows that Paterno was put under the bus by the President of the university and the NCAA. There will be retribution. At any rate, the Paterno people are those who support Joe Paterno. I have never heard anyone utter a negative word about Bill Obrien. That said, I suspect one could go to any university and find someone who doesn't like their coach. That's part of the job. Even Joe Paterno was criticized regarding his coaching abilities. For Obrien to use that as an excuse is simply pathetic. Just shows the man for who he really is.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can print this: You can print that I don't really give a [expletive] what the 'Paterno people' think about what I do with this program,” he told Jones. “I've done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I'm tired of it."For any 'Paterno person' to have any objection to what I'm doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield [he was in a car at the time] right now."He was just getting started:

If thats the case, good riddens.

Obrien quote after firing a paterno staff hold out and getting attacked by psu fans for it...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can print this: You can print that I don't really give a [expletive] what the 'Paterno people' think about what I do with this program,” he told Jones. “I've done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I'm tired of it."For any 'Paterno person' to have any objection to what I'm doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield [he was in a car at the time] right now."He was just getting started:

Obrien quote after firing a paterno staff hold out and getting attacked by psu fans for it...

o kayyy... Fire a guy that is instrumental in recruiting then turn around and ghost the program. Brilliant. Now the "paterno people" have neither.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like he was waiting for an nfl job anyway, but I dont think paterno is coming back either. Gotta be a tough gig right now. Maybe obrian took the bullets so a long term guy can come in now :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien squeezed a win over Wisconsin outta that program.

Actually 2

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It been said that PSU ended up giving him everything he wanted but added a clause that aside from a few hand selected NFL teams, his buyout would increase to the point that he wouldn't be able to hold us hostage each year. If teams like the Patriots, Giants & I'm not sure which other one became available, he would be able to take it with very little issue.

Apparently what he wanted wasn't good enough and he elected to bail anyway. Whatever happened in this isn't good & its disturbing to PSU people who coincidentally are also Paterno people.

I can also confirm for a fact that much to my dismay, Al Golden has been contacted about the job.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Now Obrien is trying to save face by blaming it on the "Paterno people". What a load of shit. Obrien received nothing but praise during his time at Penn State. IMO, he is just making himself look worse. Should simply admit the money is more important than his integrity and move on.

There would always be some friction, but overall, I agree the Paterno's respected Coach Obrien.

I'm not so hard on the man for going to the Pro's though. It is almost every coaches dream to coach in the NFL. Promises to recruits, you have to sell yourself and the team and the only way to do that is speak for how you feel that day. Coach Obrien didn't jump at the first NFL job offer...Buffalo wanted him too last year. My point is when speaking with a recruit, a coach has to tell a recruit he will be there as the dream job he may take, the offer may never come. Welcome to the business that is D1 Football.

It's not the end of the world for the recruit. If he's signed a LOI, he is still in a position to get a degree from a great institution and my guess is with the sanctions lifting, Hack is still Hack....PSU is still Linebacker U.....PSU is in a good position as a football team. I expect them to get a great HC replacement.

If a recruit hasn't signed an LOI....come to SU. :nod: And be a part of a football conference on the rise not one taking in the likes of Maryland and Rutgirls.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a football team. I expect them to get a great HC replacement.

If a recruit hasn't signed an LOI....come to SU. :nod: And be a part of a football conference on the rise not one taking in the likes of Maryland and Rutgirls.

Now that was cold. True maybe...but cold. Really can't understand why the Big 10 would want to further water down their competition. That said, Penn State will be just fine and in a few years be even more competitive in the Big10 in football as they continue to dominate wrestling. The Penn State Campus is one of the best in America. Really a great place to hang out and get a great education as well as a whole host of college activities.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Hackenburg tweets something positive soon.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best news all day if true

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the best chance of holding the team together

Agaaaain

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the best chance of holding the team together

Agaaaain

At the end of the day, if you guys can't get Franklin Or Golden it might just be wise to give LJsr a chance. He has been there forever, his kids played there, he is a good coach/recruiter and from what I heard the kids love playing for him.