• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill O'Brien to interview for Houston Texans job?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i read it the article... I was just being a smartass

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, if you guys can't get Franklin Or Golden it might just be wise to give LJsr a chance. He has been there forever, his kids played there, he is a good coach/recruiter and from what I heard the kids love playing for him.

I'd rather have a head coach who's had no ties whatsoever to PSU....

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a head coach who's had no ties whatsoever to PSU....

Ultimately thats going to be hard to do... There are a ton of guys out there with some sort of ties, a lot of them are being mentioned as candidates that most would probably not even realize. We need someone who will could be here for an extended period of time, but not end up holding us up every year like BOB ended up doing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately thats going to be hard to do... There are a ton of guys out there with some sort of ties, a lot of them are being mentioned as candidates that most would probably not even realize. We need someone who will could be here for an extended period of time, but not end up holding us up every year like BOB ended up doing.

We both know it's hard to make guarantees like that. Even if the new HC does say he'll stay for a long time, he's still only one in-coming phone call away from a better offer at any time. Especially in this day of age.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both know it's hard to make guarantees like that. Even if the new HC does say he'll stay for a long time, he's still only one in-coming phone call away from a better offer at any time. Especially in this day of age.

what I was saying is that it's a fine line to walk between hiring a guy like LJ who is on the other side of his career and a guy who is a young gun... Both are likely to not be around long, just for different reasons. There is no job appreciation anymore and I think thats what most PSUers lamented the most when we lost JoePa. BOB just confirmed it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I was saying is that it's a fine line to walk between hiring a guy like LJ who is on the other side of his career and a guy who is a young gun... Both are likely to not be around long, just for different reasons. There is no job appreciation anymore and I think thats what most PSUers lamented the most when we lost JoePa. BOB just confirmed it.

That's why I ultimately believe Golden is the best option because he literally fits right in the middle. He is middle aged, PSU grad who (in my opinion) would never leave for another school and never leave for the NFL. Plus I believe is he a great coach for PSU.

I used to be a diehard PSU fan, life took me in another direction so I have my alma mater to cheer for now but still I want to see PSU succeed, I think Golden gives them that best option.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna believe him about the Paterno thing. Because the same type of stuff happened at Alabama after Bear left/died. It took nearly 20 fucking years to get it out of the system.