• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much proved my point. You are among the many who think everything is defense. Missed shot? Good D. Made shot? Bad D.

Guys miss shots without good D played FYI.

Nope.... you simplify things now... All I say again and again as to prove to you that it is the defense that wins, is LOOK AT THE STATS of the series you want to investigate...

IN ALL CASES, winner has no better offense, but also... the defeated has worst offense... Which automatically proves that the better defense always wins!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to prove it you....
A simple question.... WHEN DO COACHES CALL TIME OUTS? Is it when their offense is missing shots, or is it when their defense malfunctions? It's always the second isn't it? (In other that the last seconds of a game)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you were the one with your usual extreme comment as said you don't think there was one in 40 years. If you don't like that, don't expand your extreme comment so far. second, I found 3-4 examples and all were just from one team (LA). 2 were in the 2000s.

who said defense doesn't matter? I only said offense just as important.

OMG you are obnoxious sometimes.

The "I don't think" part is pretty huge there.

Calling that an extreme comment is ridiculous.

And you found 1 that I don't care enough to try and debunk.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.... you simplify things now... All I say again and again as to prove to you that it is the defense that wins, is LOOK AT THE STATS of the series you want to investigate...

IN ALL CASES, winner has no better offense, but also... the defeated has worst offense... Which automatically proves that the better defense always wins!
Team who wins the series wins more games....win games by scoring more points and giving up less. Neither is more important.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to prove it you....
A simple question.... WHEN DO COACHES CALL TIME OUTS? Is it when their offense is missing shots, or is it when their defense malfunctions? It's always the second isn't it? (In other that the last seconds of a game)
It's when the other team goes on a run because you don't score enough and give up too much.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG you are obnoxious sometimes.

The "I don't think" part is pretty huge there.

Calling that an extreme comment is ridiculous.

And you found 1 that I don't care enough to try and debunk.
You made the comment about the last 40 years, then complained I found an example that was 30 years ago. Never mind you ignored the example from as little as 10 years ago.

Obnoxious because I refuted your argument in the time frame YOU chose?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the comment about the last 40 years, then complained I found an example that was 30 years ago. Never mind you ignored the example from as little as 10 years ago.

Obnoxious because I refuted your argument in the time frame YOU chose?

No.

Obnoxious because I made a blanket statement qualified with "I can't think of"

Indicting I clearly hadn't researched.

And you call that extreme.

And if you want to refute it, you need to supply specific years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Obnoxious because I made a blanket statement qualified with "I can't think of"

Indicting I clearly hadn't researched.

And you call that extreme.

And if you want to refute it, you need to supply specific years.
40 years was kind of extreme, yes.....but I helped you find multiple teams ranging from 10-30 years. How about just saying "OK, good examples. Guess my logic was a little off base"?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years was kind of extreme, yes.....but I helped you find multiple teams ranging from 10-30 years. How about just saying "OK, good examples. Guess my logic was a little off base"?

You know what?

If you had simply named a couple teams that won with below average defense I might have done that.

You didn't.

You were obnoxious about it and I called you out.

And you still haven't named a specific team. You chose teams that won multiple titles. Which years are you claiming?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team who wins the series wins more games....win games by scoring more points and giving up less. Neither is more important.
Why you insist against things that can be proved from simply analysing the statistics, it beats me!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's when the other team goes on a run because you don't score enough and give up too much.
Actually timeouts are called only when a team malfunctions on defense and never because shots are missed on offense...

In the (extremely) rare case a time out is called because offense malfunctions, it NEVER is because shots are missed, but only if you can't get a decent shot after many possessions (which is again an additional proof it is the defense that wins the game).

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what?

If you had simply named a couple teams that won with below average defense I might have done that.

You didn't.

You were obnoxious about it and I called you out.

And you still haven't named a specific team. You chose teams that won multiple titles. Which years are you claiming?
This was my comment. .....
"That's because you are probably one of the many who think everything is based on D. Missed shot? good D. Made shot? Bad D.

Lakers of mid-80s were below avg. in points per 100 possessions, as well as the years in the Shaq/Kobe years. Same with Kobe/Pau title teams.

were there a lot of title teams who couldn't score?"

Obnoxious? For this forum?

2000-01 Lakers

Not as many Laker teams as I thought. when I first looked, the listing was worst to best so LA at the bottom was actually one of the better teams defensively.

Know many teams that couldn't score who win titles?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you insist against things that can be proved from simply analysing the statistics, it beats me!
You've proven nothing. I'm stating a fact.....score more points/give up less and you win the game....win more games you win a series. No proof stopping a team is more important than scoring. Zero sum game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually timeouts are called only when a team malfunctions on defense and never because shots are missed on offence...
In the (extremely) rare case a time out is called because offense malfunctions, it's never is because shots are missed, but only if you can't get a decent shot (which is again an additional proof that it is the defense that wins the game).

Stop.

There are a lot of reasons coaches call timeouts.

Rest, team effort, turnovers, offensive and defensive execution, or to draw up a play are all common reasons. Different coaches have different philosophies on when and how to use their timeouts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually timeouts are called only when a team malfunctions on defense and never because shots are missed on offence...

In the (extremely) rare case a time out is called because offense malfunctions, it NEVER is because shots are missed, but only if you can't get a decent shot after many possessions (which is again an additional proof that it is the defense that wins the game).
It's because teams go on runs. It could be because even though solid D was played, the opponent still scored 8-10 unanswered.

And how can a team call a TO on a miss with the other team rebounding? Cannot call a TO when you don't have the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop.

There are a lot of reasons coaches call timeouts.

Rest, team effort, turnovers, offensive and defensive execution, or to draw up a play are all common reasons. Different coaches have different philosophies on when and how to use their timeouts.
I'd even admit it's often because of poor defensive execution leading to a basket as the last straw, but his extreme comment of always?

Would add just one such play wont usually lead to a TO it will be the end of a run for the opponent which consists of your team giving up points AND failing to score.

Your is the obvious answer.....any number of things lead to TOs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my comment. .....
"That's because you are probably one of the many who think everything is based on D. Missed shot? good D. Made shot? Bad D.

Lakers of mid-80s were below avg. in points per 100 possessions, as well as the years in the Shaq/Kobe years. Same with Kobe/Pau title teams.

were there a lot of title teams who couldn't score?"

Obnoxious? For this forum?

2000-01 Lakers

Not as many Laker teams as I thought. when I first looked, the listing was worst to best so LA at the bottom was actually one of the better teams defensively.

Know many teams that couldn't score who win titles?

That wasn't the comment I called obnoxious.

But now you are already down from 3 to 1, so my guess wasn't that far off.

And the 2001 Lakers?

Allowed 90.6 points per game, 3rd lowest in the playoffs
Their opponent FG% of 40.8% was 2nd lowest in the playoffs
And their defensive rating was #1 by a good bit.

Try again.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because teams go on runs. It could be because even though solid D was played, the opponent still scored 8-10 unanswered.

And how can a team call a TO on a miss with the other team rebounding? Cannot call a TO when you don't have the ball.
What's the reason behind the opponent scoring 8~10 and being unanswered is what I ask you to reply upon...