• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop.

There are a lot of reasons coaches call timeouts.

Rest, team effort, turnovers, offensive and defensive execution, or to draw up a play are all common reasons. Different coaches have different philosophies on when and how to use their timeouts.

BS...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the comment I called obnoxious.

But now you are already down from 3 to 1, so my guess wasn't that far off.

And the 2001 Lakers?

Allowed 90.6 points per game, 3rd lowest in the playoffs
Their opponent FG% of 40.8% was 2nd lowest in the playoffs
And their defensive rating was #1 by a good bit.

Try again.
went by their reg. season stats. also noticed they were the top scoring team. Imagine that.....most of the top LA/Boston teams were among the top scoring. You'd think this idea of a zero sum game was a fact or something.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is your contention there is one and only one reason coaches call TOs?

Might be a stretch for you (thinking) but have you given any thought the reason they don't call TOs after a miss and rebound by the opponent is you can't call a TO when the other team has the ball?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Can't think of a single team in the last 40 years that won a title without playing at least above average defense in the playoffs.

@dtgold88

This was my post you called extreme.

Notice the "in the playoffs part".

There might be 1, but you haven't found it.

Your comment was obnoxious and possibly even wrong.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've proven nothing. I'm stating a fact.....score more points/give up less and you win the game....win more games you win a series. No proof stopping a team is more important than scoring. Zero sum game.
Off course you will win if you score more and your opponent scores less... Not the argument though...

Why in games series the one that wins NEVER has better statistics than regular season (as a team) and the opponent who looses the series ALWAYS has worst stats than the reg. season is the argument I've set for you...

This is what I would like to hear a better alternative based on an argument than the fact that it's the defense which wins!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the Warriors. They got three excellent players who can help right away

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went by their reg. season stats. also noticed they were the top scoring team. Imagine that.....most of the top LA/Boston teams were among the top scoring. You'd think this idea of a zero sum game was a fact or something.

I have not ever said offense isn't important. I don't even think Bucky said that (maybe though).

You keep bringing it back to offense like it proves you right.

It doesn't.

You are the one minimizing the importance of defense. And you have yet to find a single NBA champ who played bad defense in the playoffs and won by simply outscoring people.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off course you will win if you score more and your opponent scores less... Not the argument though...

Why in games series the one that wins NEVER has better statistics than regular season (as a team) and the opponent who looses the series ALWAYS has worst stats than the reg. season is the argument I've set for you...

This is what I would like to hear a better alternative based on an argument than the fact that it's the defense which wins!
Agreed. The Warriors were taken aback at how hard the Raptors played defense. They seemed offended by it even.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Warriors were taken aback at how hard the Raptors played defense. They seemed offended by it even.

Every team that has given the Warriors trouble in the playoffs has done it by defending them very well and being the more physical team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the reason behind the opponent scoring 8~10 and being unanswered is what I ask you to reply upon...

I have seen quite a few 10-0 runs that have nothing to do with defense.

Offensive droughts and TOs can get you there too.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is your contention there is one and only one reason coaches call TOs?

Might be a stretch for you (thinking) but have you given any thought the reason they don't call TOs after a miss and rebound by the opponent is you can't call a TO when the other team has the ball?
Again... I said right when the argument was set, that final moments of the game are excluded... Therefore you insist to talk BS and divert the subject... Smart ass? You are definitely one! Basketball relevant? No way... Smart ass and inventing cases doesn't go in line with being "basketball relevant"... It does go in line with talking to basketball ignorants like you've done up to now... But when you talk to me, you are always caught with your pants down...

Remember your 2 tower stats? Remember your 5 contracts team trading? I won't go into detail exposing you (surely none but you got it) so... Shut your F(luent) mouth up... Understand? It's me you are talking with and I can see one like you coming from miles... Shut it then... got it?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team that has given the Warriors trouble in the playoffs has done it by defending them very well and being the more physical team.
Yep. The Raptors were no different. It almost seems the Warriors are saying "What the hell, you aren't allowed to play defense like that"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Raptors were no different. It almost seems the Warriors are saying "What the hell, you aren't allowed to play defense like that"

I wouldn't go that far, but every team that pushed them did it with exceptional defense.

'16 Thunder
'16 Cavs
'18 Rockets
'19 Rockets
'19 Raptors

I did not include the Clippers, because absent a blown 30 point lead that series would have been a sweep. It never felt like the Clippers had a chance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far, but every team that pushed them did it with exceptional defense.

'16 Thunder
'16 Cavs
'18 Rockets
'19 Rockets
'19 Raptors

I did not include the Clippers, because absent a blown 30 point lead that series would have been a sweep. It never felt like the Clippers had a chance.
Even the Warriors themselves will jump up and play good defense for stretches. Defense always seems to pick up in the post season.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'16 Thunder
'16 Cavs
'18 Rockets
'19 Rockets
'19 Raptors

More BS? "Pushed them" is completely irrelevant if lost... The Raptors this year won the series entirely because of the defense... GSW stats in the series is WAY DOWN than their season average... Nobody cares to check when this guy posts BS?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boom

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More BS? "Pushed them" is completely irrelevant if lost... The Raptors this year won the series entirely because of the defense... GSW stats in the series is WAY DOWN than their season average... Nobody cares to check when this guy posts BS?

And those teams that lost (Thunder, Rockets) had the same formula.

LOL.

Yeah.

I have over 20,000 more posts than you.

Yet, in your month or so here you have already managed to spew more BS in 882 posts than I have in my 21,000 +

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those teams that lost (Thunder, Rockets) had the same formula.

LOL.

Yeah.

I have over 20,000 more posts than you.

Yet, in your month or so here you have already managed to spew more BS in 882 posts than I have in my 21,000 +

I bet in your 220K you'll still insist that GSW shot like they did all season against the Raps... As if the stats aren't there for one to see... So take your BS with you and go talk to the others in your company of "friends" and let us be without your trolling nonsense here... STUPID!

You have to reply and "play the smart ass" even after you've been humiliated, don't you?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet in your 220K you'll still insist that GSW shot like they did all season against the Raps... As if the stats aren't there for one to see... So take your BS with you and go talk to the others in your company of "friends" and let us be without your trolling nonsense here... STUPID!

You have to reply and "play the smart ass" even after you've been humiliated, don't you?

You could never humiliate me.

I have said very clearly that the Raptors played great defense against the Warriors and that is why they won. So I don't know what the hell you are talking about.