• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man.

I actually watch the games.

Golden State is the best offensive team I have ever seen. Sometimes they can light you up when you play good defense.

But, the teams capable of muscling KD out of his spots and making Curry handle the ball through all sorts of physical duress are the teams that have been successful against them.

Teams that haven't done that have gotten blitzed.

It isn't a coincidence.
I mean, we just had a playoffs where the KD-less Warriors swept the Blazers who don't play good defense, and then get beaten by the Raptors who do. Textbook case of "defense winning championships" and it just happened

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we just had a playoffs where the KD-less Warriors swept the Blazers who don't play good defense, and then get beaten by the Raptors who do. Textbook case of "defense winning championships" and it just happened
Fair point, but do you think GS wins if Durant is there to help GS with their offense? while I'm not 100% sold I believe they would have.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, but do you think GS wins if Durant is there to help GS with their offense? while I'm not 100% sold I believe they would have.
Yes, but that doesn't change the point.

As usual there isn't really much differences being argued. Everyone agrees you need both offense and defense to win. End of discussion?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still wondering about Cameron Johnson getting drafted in top 10

That took guts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you continuously twist things and come up with inventing phrases and put them on an others mouth, is most annoying...

I never said "defense is all that matters"... I've said what nearly all coaches in the world say... which is "defense wins games" which means that to win, you need to restric your opponent to score less than his season average...If both do that (like it is the case in most playoff games) then the winner is the one that restricts his oppontent more.

In any case, no coach in the world goes against an opponent in the playoffs with the culture "we are gonna score more than what we did all season"... If one ever does that, he is dead, because you can't score more... it never happens!
Therefore the one that wins is always the one that is the more successful playing defense... Hence the common phrase "defense wins games".

Of course not.

Do you know why coaches use that phrase?

Because it is easy to get players to give effort on offense. Players want to score. Defense sometimes requires more coaxing.

The truth is that the winner of the game is the one that employs the best combination of offense and defense. You are oversimplifying when you say the team that is more restrictive wins.

Chanpionship teams tend to play both ends at a high level.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck are (is) you to ask me why a have a backed up with argument opinion, while you present none different of yours? Eeeeeeeh fuck?
Watch your mouth when you talk to me, or you'll regret it bad... and never say it was me that started this... fuckface!

I know who am I and is no business of yours to also know...
Uh-oh, guys we got an internet badass over here. I don't think I will watch my mouth princess. You are just another wannabe blowhard tough guy behind a computer monitor, that knows next to nothing about the sport that you claim to be some expert in. This entire forum knows you are a joke. Now make me regret it bad bitch.