• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

This was my post you called extreme.

Notice the "in the playoffs part".

There might be 1, but you haven't found it.

Your comment was obnoxious and possibly even wrong.
40 years is extreme. How far back can I really go to look where you wont say it's too long ago?

Truth be told, having a tough time finding a link for team playoff stats by year. Do you have one?

While I'm at it, can you find one who couldn't score that won a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off course you will win if you score more and your opponent scores less... Not the argument though...

Why in games series the one that wins NEVER has better statistics than regular season (as a team) and the opponent who looses the series ALWAYS has worst stats than the reg. season is the argument I've set for you...

This is what I would like to hear a better alternative based on an argument than the fact that it's the defense which wins!
I'll get on it if you can rewrite that in English.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not ever said offense isn't important. I don't even think Bucky said that (maybe though).

You keep bringing it back to offense like it proves you right.

It doesn't.

You are the one minimizing the importance of defense. And you have yet to find a single NBA champ who played bad defense in the playoffs and won by simply outscoring people.
When did I minimize defense? I said basketball is a zero sum game and offense is just as important.

My only point is offense is just as important and I'm waiting for proof it isn't.

Now I have to find someone who played "bad D"? Does this mean a team who played bad offense has won a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team that has given the Warriors trouble in the playoffs has done it by defending them very well and being the more physical team.
Here's the thing, though. Often the teams who "give them trouble", in previous games - with the same lineup - were scorched by GS. Is it your contention every time they struggled to score it was always the D and never them failing to hit shots? Or is it teams just felt like playing D some nights in the playoffs and didn't in others? Finals included.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bad Boys roughed MJ up. They didn't play D. They committed assaults. Celtics/76ers. No love loss there & punches thrown. Celtics/Lakers had their dust ups as well. They played D back in the 80's. Just a much different & more physical style. Obviously that kinda stuff wouldn't go over very well in todays NBA. Pussies.

I've always thought the 80's had the best mix of physical play and offense.

The 90's through early 2000's were a lot of fun, but the game was physical to the point that it all but stopped any decent offense at all.

This era is also fun but, because of some of the rule changes, there isn't enough physical play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... I said right when the argument was set, that final moments of the game are excluded... Therefore you insist to talk BS and divert the subject... Smart ass? You are definitely one! Basketball relevant? No way... Smart ass and inventing cases doesn't go in line with being "basketball relevant"... It does go in line with talking to basketball ignorants like you've done up to now... But when you talk to me, you are always caught with your pants down...

Remember your 2 tower stats? Remember your 5 contracts team trading? I won't go into detail exposing you (surely none but you got it) so... Shut your F(luent) mouth up... Understand? It's me you are talking with and I can see one like you coming from miles... Shut it then... got it?
that was your answer to this question - "have you given any thought the reason they don't call TOs after a miss and rebound by the opponent is you can't call a TO when the other team has the ball?"

Holy deflection Batman.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team that has given the Warriors trouble in the playoffs has done it by defending them very well and being the more physical team.
Or maybe the Warriors struggle sometimes when they can't make shots like they are capable?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 years is extreme. How far back can I really go to look where you wont say it's too long ago?

Truth be told, having a tough time finding a link for team playoff stats by year. Do you have one?

While I'm at it, can you find one who couldn't score that won a title?

Really?

It isn't extreme if it is true.

When I think of bad defensive teams who tried to outscore people, I think of the Steve Nash Suns or the Steve Nash Mavs. And I can't recall a single team fitting that profile that won a ring.

I just look at basketball reference playoff stats for the year I want to check.

And I am not going to look for teams that couldn't score because I never claimed offense wasn't important. Of course it is.

Every championship team I can think of was either elite on one end and solid on the other, or really good at both.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I minimize defense? I said basketball is a zero sum game and offense is just as important.

My only point is offense is just as important and I'm waiting for proof it isn't.

Now I have to find someone who played "bad D"? Does this mean a team who played bad offense has won a title?

Nobody ever ever said offense isn't important. Why do you keep coming back to this?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 90's through early 2000's were a lot of fun, but the game was physical to the point that it all but stopped any decent offense at all.

This era is also fun but, because of some of the rule changes, there isn't enough physical play.

I can dig that. Late 80s early 90s were a bit too rough. There was always teams that had some bruisers. McHale and the Chief were not shy at all. But the Pistons started it and in the 90s the Knicks tried to continue it. Other than that the 90s Sonics Blazers were more athletic than physical. Jazz were in your face types but not like the Knicks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, though. Often the teams who "give them trouble", in previous games - with the same lineup - were scorched by GS. Is it your contention every time they struggled to score it was always the D and never them failing to hit shots? Or is it teams just felt like playing D some nights in the playoffs and didn't in others? Finals included.

No man.

I actually watch the games.

Golden State is the best offensive team I have ever seen. Sometimes they can light you up when you play good defense.

But, the teams capable of muscling KD out of his spots and making Curry handle the ball through all sorts of physical duress are the teams that have been successful against them.

Teams that haven't done that have gotten blitzed.

It isn't a coincidence.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the worst draft over the past few years was Jabari Parker... Injury prone, but unable to play defense too... IMO, he is still a great talent, but he is late to prove that he can be hungry...

The fuck does this even mean?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen quite a few 10-0 runs that have nothing to do with defense.

Offensive droughts and TOs can get you there too.

Yep.

Does buck-Alice not grasp that most NBA players are pretty good at basketball and will sometimes manage to score even when the opponent is playing great defense?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Does buck-Alice not grasp that most NBA players are pretty good at basketball and will sometimes manage to score even when the opponent is playing great defense?

I don't think he grasps much of anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More BS? "Pushed them" is completely irrelevant if lost... The Raptors this year won the series entirely because of the defense... GSW stats in the series is WAY DOWN than their season average... Nobody cares to check when this guy posts BS?
irrelevant in a loss? while I disagree with the D wins theory (at least more important than O) are you suggesting a team couldn't have played good D in a 90-85 loss?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet in your 220K you'll still insist that GSW shot like they did all season against the Raps... As if the stats aren't there for one to see... So take your BS with you and go talk to the others in your company of "friends" and let us be without your trolling nonsense here... STUPID!

You have to reply and "play the smart ass" even after you've been humiliated, don't you?
Anyone who ever bans this guy needs to be banned.

I kid, @trojanfan12

Sort of.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could never humiliate me.

I have said very clearly that the Raptors played great defense against the Warriors and that is why they won. So I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
You have mostly agreed with him....and he's still making foolish comments towards you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man.

I actually watch the games.

Golden State is the best offensive team I have ever seen. Sometimes they can light you up when you play good defense.

But, the teams capable of muscling KD out of his spots and making Curry handle the ball through all sorts of physical duress are the teams that have been successful against them.

Teams that haven't done that have gotten blitzed.

It isn't a coincidence.

Those 2015 and 2016 Cavs teams were pretty damn physical imo. They won that series and 2 games in 2015 bc of defense and then of course in 2016 Kyrie and Lebron going bonkers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rule changes part of it for sure, but think taking as many 3s as they do makes as much of a difference....with far less play down low.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who ever bans this guy needs to be banned.

I kid, @trojanfan12

Sort of.

He just needs to work on his English and do a little homework. I mean these unrealistic trades, FA moves, etc. just get way too ridiculous. There is no point, but the sad thing is he actually believe that shit can happen. Dreamer.