• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you spell?

What's that spell? F, U, C, K, Y, O, U...

You have been kindly requested not to participate in one of my threads again, nor to ever quote me... So I guess you can't read it or spell... Therefore let me explain it to you... it spells... FUCK YOU!

Fuck off from here now and never dare to participate in one of my threads again, Understand?

@Wamu, you dick! I mean, deepshit!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule changes part of it for sure, but think taking as many 3s as they do makes as much of a difference....with far less play down low.

True.

But, physical defense wasn't strictly played down low. Teams used to play physical defense out to the 3 point line (hand checking, bumping guys off spots, etc.).

The rule changes also help with the increase in 3's because it's easier to get an open 3 now. Combine that with metrics showing that an open 3 is a better shot than a midrange shot and you get lots and lots of 3's.

The 3 is fun because hitting them can change a game quickly, but I'd like to see some of the physical play return because I think the league has become too much about the 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had over/under on age at 19, which way would you go?

Hard to tell, he can't spell but that really doesn't mean much since he is European, well we think lol. Like I said before he could be a 12 year old living in his mommy's basement playing way too much 2K.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had over/under on age at 19, which way would you go?

Hard to say. On the one hand, you have to factor in the language barrier. On the other hand, some of his meltdown type posts seem pretty child like. So do some of his posts about possible moves, etc.

Going with the over though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2015 and 2016 Cavs teams were pretty damn physical imo. They won that series and 2 games in 2015 bc of defense and then of course in 2016 Kyrie and Lebron going bonkers.
Defense for sure played a role. But their O was just as important and even bad O (shooting) at times from GS that had nothing to do with D.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. On the one hand, you have to factor in the language barrier. On the other hand, some of his meltdown type posts seem pretty child like. So do some of his posts about possible moves, etc.

Going with the over though.
I'd lean under, though not like guys in early-mid 20s don't have some of the traits he does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell, he can't spell but that really doesn't mean much since he is European, well we think lol. Like I said before he could be a 12 year old living in his mommy's basement playing way too much 2K.

I would feel bad if he is actually 12.

Over 18 though?

HE should know better and deserves everything he gets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense for sure played a role. But their O was just as important and even bad O (shooting) at times from GS that had nothing to do with D.

I am pretty sure @buckalis is the only one saying defense is all that matters.

And we all know about him.

Both are important.

Because if a team is great offensively and bad defensively, they tend to lose against opponents that are maybe not quite as good offensively but also good on D.

What you are saying is generally true.

But I also think you are coming off as arguing that defense doesn't matter in some of your posts even though I don't think you believe that.

And my comment about about bad defensive teams not winning also holds true for offense. I don't think you will find any championship teams that were below average on either end in the playoffs.

You have to be pretty damn good to win 4 playoff series in the NBA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both are important.

Because if a team is great offensively and bad defensively, they tend to lose against opponents that are maybe not quite as good offensively but also good on D.

But I also think you are coming off as arguing that defense doesn't matter in some of your posts even though I don't think you believe that.

And my comment about about bad defensive teams not winning also holds true for offense. I don't think you will find any championship teams that were below average on either end in the playoffs.

Fuckin' A right defense matters. How the hell do you think the Globetrotters won all those games?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

are we SURE he's a Euro? anyone can be anyone on the internet...

but the vision of a cat in his 30's still living in his momma's basement DOES come to mind when dealing with him...:dhd:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both are important.

Have said all along defense matters....but offense just as important. Zero sum game. All I've been saying (or trying to say).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you can't read it or spell... Therefore let me explain it to you... it spells... FUCK YOU!

If he can't read or spell...how is he supposed to know what you just wrote?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both are important.

The way you continuously twist things and come up with inventing phrases and put them on an others mouth, is most annoying...

I never said "defense is all that matters"... I've said what nearly all coaches in the world say... which is "defense wins games" which means that to win, you need to restric your opponent to score less than his season average...If both do that (like it is the case in most playoff games) then the winner is the one that restricts his oppontent more.

In any case, no coach in the world goes against an opponent in the playoffs with the culture "we are gonna score more than what we did all season"... If one ever does that, he is dead, because you can't score more... it never happens!
Therefore the one that wins is always the one that is the more successful playing defense... Hence the common phrase "defense wins games".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we SURE he's a Euro? anyone can be anyone on the internet...

but the vision of a cat in his 30's still living in his momma's basement DOES come to mind when dealing with him...:dhd:

He's one goofy fella. I bet he's really from ann arbor. That place is full of idiots.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't read or spell...how is he supposed to know what you just wrote?
So often people write "lol" and are not laughing at all (let alone out loud)......I promise I was laughing - and out loud - when I saw that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you continuously twist things and come up with inventing phrases and put them on an others mouth, is most annoying...

I never said "defense is all that matters"... I've said what nearly all coaches in the world say... which is "defense wins games" which means that to win, you need to restric your opponent to score less than his season average...If both do that (like it is the case in most playoff games) then the winner is the one that restricts his oppontent more.

In any case, no coach in the world goes against an opponent in the playoffs with the culture "we are gonna score more than what we did all season"... If one ever does that, he is dead, because you can't score more... it never happens!
Therefore the one that wins is always the one that is the more successful playing defense... Hence the common phrase "defense wins games".
No doubt it's common. And it's overused. Offense is just as important.