• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....and if you can score against a decent defense that helps just as much.

My only issue here is you can get stops with bad defense, too.
Maybe not enough to win a championship though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

Can't think of a single team in the last 40 years that won a title without playing at least above average defense in the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were considered a bad defense and did OK in a Game 7 I remember. was as much to do with GS having an off night shooting as well, though. Harrison Barnes anyone?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....and if you can score against a decent defense that helps just as much.

My only issue here is you can get stops with bad defense, too.

Which is why if you have some lockdown defenders it’s going to make
Offense difficult. I watched it in the 90s man. But it’s the same story even in different eras. That won’t change

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Can't think of a single team in the last 40 years that won a title without playing at least above average defense in the playoffs.
That's because you are probably one of the many who think everything is based on D. Missed shot? good D. Made shot? Bad D.

Lakers of mid-80s were below avg. in points per 100 possessions, as well as the years in the Shaq/Kobe years. Same with Kobe/Pau title teams.

were there a lot of title teams who couldn't score?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why if you have some lockdown defenders it’s going to make
Offense difficult. I watched it in the 90s man. But it’s the same story even in different eras. That won’t change
Just don't tell the Lakers. and because you watched it with one of the greatest teams ever that doesn't exactly prove your theory. That MJ guy could score if you remember....even against good defenses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't tell the Lakers. and because you watched it with one of the greatest teams ever that doesn't exactly prove your theory. That MJ guy could score if you remember....even against good defenses.

Speaking of His Airness can you imagine him playing today where defenses aren't nearly as physical as they were in the 80's? It would be scary.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of His Airness can you imagine him playing today where defenses aren't nearly as physical as they were in the 80's? It would be scary.
Probably average 40+ a game

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to me defense was often a rumor in the 80s (at least early-mid). 90s a different story though.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MJ had difficulties against good defenders. Pistons obviously whipped his ass physically and the Knicks tried.

This is the major problem I have in today’s NBA game. Fans and even players literally don’t think defense is that important.

Just don’t get it. You get stops and you win. Yes you have to score but you break a players/teams soul when they can’t get a bucket.

Jordan was unreal at controlling a game and stopping another teams momentum. On defense He’d get the ball back, then go to the hole and get a bucket or go to the FT line. Run by the other team was over

Different game today no doubt but great defense is still very hard to overcome

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you are probably one of the many who think everything is based on D. Missed shot? good D. Made shot? Bad D.

Lakers of mid-80s were below avg. in points per 100 possessions, as well as the years in the Shaq/Kobe years. Same with Kobe/Pau title teams.

Just the Lakers it looks like...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just the Lakers it looks like...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were considered a bad defense and did OK in a Game 7 I remember. was as much to do with GS having an off night shooting as well, though. Harrison Barnes anyone?

The Cavs defense wasn't great, but they were above average in 2016 though. Playoff LeBron was in full effect.

Only 3 teams allowed fewer points per game and all of them were out in the first 2 rounds. Part of that was due to a slower pace from Cleveland, but their efficiency was above average too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ had difficulties against good defenders. Pistons obviously whipped his ass physically and the Knicks tried.

This is the major problem I have in today’s NBA game. Fans and even players literally don’t think defense is that important.

Just don’t get it. You get stops and you win. Yes you have to score but you break a players/teams soul when they can’t get a bucket.

Jordan was unreal at controlling a game and stopping another teams momentum. On defense He’d get the ball back, then go to the hole and get a bucket or go to the FT line. Run by the other team was over

Different game today no doubt but great defense is still very hard to overcome
I'm not trying to say great defense is not something a team would want to win a title, but have many teams won titles who couldn't score?

Goint by points/100 none of the Laker teams who won titles were above avg. since the 80s.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many blocks did Kareem have? Worthy and Magic were not bad defenders at all. That team was huge and long. Youre not going to beat a fundamentally sound Celtic team with just offense. Hell Bird was a gritty and smart defender.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to say great defense is not something a team would want to win a title, but have many teams won titles who couldn't score?

Goint by points/100 none of the Laker teams who won titles were above avg. since the 80s.

Crazy thing is if you look at total points score in the 80s/90s vs today maybe 4-5 teams average over 100 points per game for the season. Today I believe it’s around 30.

Just different eras man

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many blocks did Kareem have? Worthy and Magic were not bad defenders at all. That team was huge and long. Youre not going to beat a fundamentally sound Celtic team with just offense. Hell Bird was a gritty and smart defender.
He asked me to find a team last 40 years who wasn't a good defensive team. I went by what seems like the more popular metric used to measure D and by that metric they were below avg.

Bird was gritty and smart.....and slow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is if you look at total points score in the 80s/90s vs today maybe 4-5 teams average over 100 points per game for the season. Today I believe it’s around 30.

Just different eras man
OK, but those stats are points per 100 possessions. "Different eras man" doesn't explain this away.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang on a minute... what are you saying now? Is it that the Celtics lost because of the Cavs offense , or is it that the CAVS WON BECAUSE OF THE CELTICS LUCKING DEFENSE (which is my opinion ~ I believe the rest remaining on the conversation too)?
Same with the Cavs against GSW... It wasn't that the Cavs were wipped out because they couldn't score... they were wiped out because they couldn't stop the Warriors scoring (again... luck of defense).

Same with Celtics against the Bucks this season... Creltics didn't loose because Giannis, or Khris, or other scored more... They lost because the Bucks restricted their effectiveness in scoring.