• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest winners out of the 2019 draft...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is what wins games.
Always loved this myth....should end it with "except when it doesn't" and it would be spot on.

Basketball - like most sports - is a zero sum game. You need to outscore the opponent. Offense matters as much in the equation.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved this myth....should end it with "except when it doesn't" and it would be spot on.

Basketball - like most sports - is a zero sum game. You need to outscore the opponent. Offense matters as much in the equation.
Not when it comes down to a 7 games series... It then all comes down to restricting the opponent's percentage average and keep or improve yours... Obviously the first is more important than the second.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when it comes down to a 7 games series... It then all comes down to restricting the opponent's percentage average and keep or improve yours... Obviously the first is more important than the second.
You need to outscore the opponent. Contrary to popular opinion these days every missed shot is not good and every made shot bad D.

If D was so important, why is Kyrie Irving - nutjob that he is - so much more sought after than Beverly?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to outscore the opponent. Contrary to popular opinion these days every missed shot is not good and every made shot bad D.

If D was so important, why is Kyrie Irving - nutjob that he is - so much more sought after than Beverly?
I've been in the same conversation many times and many of those it has been with people relevant to the game...

Of course you need to outscore your opponent, but when it comes down to play against the best of them, then you can't expect your players to put on the board better than the average they achieved all season, you win if your percentages are kept as close to the average as possible and you restrict your opponent to do even less.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in the same conversation many times and many of those it has been with people relevant to the game...

Of course you need to outscore your opponent, but when it comes down to play against the best of them, then you can't expect your players to put on the board better than the average they achieved all season, you win if your percentages are kept as close to the average as possible and you restrict your opponent to do even less.
And I don't disagree, but would bet most of those "relevant to the game will tell you in the NBA good offense will beat good defense more often than not. .....and as mentioned, guys can miss shots on bad D and make them on good D.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't disagree, but would bet most of those "relevant to the game will tell you in the NBA good offense will beat good defense more often than not. .....and as mentioned, guys can miss shots on bad D and make them on good D.
If it comes down to Kwahi making the bazzer on the 7th against the Sixers like he did and the way he did, then that's badketball!
But if you look in the whole series and the scores between these same teams, neither team had a really better game out of any of their players and it all came down to making that (normally impossible) shot...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to Kwahi making the bazzer on the 7th against the Sixers like he did and the way he did, then that's badketball!
But if you look in the whole series and the scores between these same teams, neither team had a really better game out of any of their players and it all came down to making that (normally impossible) shot...
Right...and you said it. Great player made a shot on good D....that's basketball.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics aren't the topic of this thread... if you want to "discuss" you team, there is another thread that you can...
This thread is about the teams that WON during the draft process, ending up with a "competitive" or with a "competitive potential" team...
And who the fuck are you to determine who won the draft. What if he thinks the Celtics won? What if I think the Bulls won? You think way to highly of yourself, your opinion, and your supposed knowledge on basketball when in reality you have proven to know very little.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't blame Casey for taking Snell, because he can't have Convington... 3&D prices are off the roof in NBA and Convington's next will be at Middleton's range... Don't compare anequal speciments... forwards can't playmake, nor pass...iit isn't their job, 3&Ds play 2 and some 3 and some of them can play 1...
Forwards can't playmake or pass, Lebron is a forward and probably the best passer in all of basketball.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who the fuck are you to determine who won the draft. What if he thinks the Celtics won? What if I think the Bulls won? You think way to highly of yourself, your opinion, and your supposed knowledge on basketball when in reality you have proven to know very little.
Who the fuck are (is) you to ask me why a have a backed up with argument opinion, while you present none different of yours? Eeeeeeeh fuck?
Watch your mouth when you talk to me, or you'll regret it bad... and never say it was me that started this... fuckface!

I know who am I and is no business of yours to also know...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards can't playmake or pass, Lebron is a forward and probably the best passer in all of basketball.
Teodosic is the best of passers in all basketball, but this isn't the subject here... neither Lebron, nor Giannis or Vucevic are 3&D... They are great because additionally to being forwards they can playmake, read the game and pass the ball...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely offense matters but great D and getting stops is what wins championships. If you can stop your opponent especially at crunch time it’s going to be hard for anyone to outscore you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely offense matters but great D and getting stops is what wins championships. If you can stop your opponent especially at crunch time it’s going to be hard for anyone to outscore you.
Yep.....and if you can score against a decent defense that helps just as much.

My only issue here is you can get stops with bad defense, too.