• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest asshole in MLB history

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky Cabrera

Melky Cabrera has been on the disabled list since August 2 with a strained knee and Barry Davis of Sportsnet in Canada [ame="https://twitter.com/SNBarryDavis/statuses/370570995167277057"]reports[/ame] that the outfielder is not expected to rejoin the Blue Jays this season.
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J.Pierzynski
Albert Belle
Alex Rodriguez*
Babe Ruth
Barry Bonds
Carl Everett
Carlos Zambrano
Chipper Jones
Dave Kingman
Dick Allen
Ed Whitson
Gary Sheffield
Hal Chase
Jack Clark
Jeff Kent
Jeffrey Leonard
John Rocker
Jose Canseco
Josh Hamilton
Keith Hernandez
Kevin Brown
Len Dykstra
Manny Ramirez
Milton Bradley
Pete Rose
Randy Johnson
Reggie Jackson
Ricky Henderson
Roger Clemens
Rogers Hornsby
Sammy Sosa
Ted Williams
Ty Cobb
Vince Coleman

Good list. A little harsh on some guys. I forgot about Belle, Everett, Canseco, Zambrano and Sheffeld. I was trying to stick with guys I've seen play, other the Yank fans who booed Maris.

I think Sheffield was also a dick. Can we start another list? Sometimes an asshole is just too stupid to realize what he is doing is wrong. A dick, on the other hand, knows he is an asshole but just doesn't care.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that Tom Seaver is a bit of an asshole. I don't necessarily remember from his playing days, though.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Piazza on some of your list, not sure what he did to be an asshole? Can someone fill me in? Other than that I agree with most of the players being discussed. I'd like to add Shoppach and Bobby V to the list if they havent already been mentioned.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Piazza on some of your list, not sure what he did to be an asshole? Can someone fill me in? Other than that I agree with most of the players being discussed. I'd like to add Shoppach and Bobby V to the list if they havent already been mentioned.
Valentine's a pretty good one too.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Papelbon.

It's hard for me to call someone an asshole that I don't really know, especially just by judging how they are on the field compared to off of it. I've known a lot of people that are totally different when competing. (myself for one) But one thing that ticks me off more than anything is when a guy throws his team under the bus or acts like he is so much better than the team, then totally shits the bed. And Papelbon has come across like that more than anyone I can think of in recent years. I see him as a real prick.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I think Braun is doing his best to take the title.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Braun just ruined 1 guy. Armstrong went after literally dozens of people. He filed lawsuits and actually won settlements against people who were telling the truth.

Armstrong was also the mastermind of a doping circle and a taskmaster making sure everyone toed the "company line". Braun's an arrogant prick, but I don't think he's a criminal mastermind. I'm sure it wasn't even his idea to try and destroy the tester. It was probably his people. I'm not trying to alleviate blame from him, just put the comparison in perspective.

Tell that to the arbitrator who got fired for going against the MLB ruling.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the arbitrator who got fired for going against the MLB ruling.
Well, for starters, that guy's life was not ruined. Go look him up. MLB was just a client. They weren't his sole employer, and he wasn't their employee. He was an independent contractor. MLB chose to terminate their professional relationship. He's a very successful arbitrator.

Secondly, it's not Ryan Braun's fault that that Das ruled to the letter of the law, and allowed them to take advantage of a loophole. That was his choice. He could have just as easily ruled that while the chain of custody procedures were not followed precisely, but that it was clear that the sample wasn't tampered with and ruled in favor of MLB. That's the point of having an independent arbitrator. It can go either way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys pcking put players from the early 1900`s?

Did any of you see them play? If not,how can you hate on someone you never seen play?

I myself tho,gotta go with bonds,rocker and Clemens......

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billy bean

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of the guys who didn't draft me before I quit playing baseball in 9th grade.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was the appropriate thread for this little update on Lenny Dykstra. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote?

Got to go with Bud Selig...

Turned a blind eye on the whole steroid issues way back when to protect the owners and their product, sacraficed players in the short term and gave the greatest game in history a huge black eye.

Yeah, he is a GRADE A azzhole.