• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 to David Boren:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Do you think it's clever to shout "troll!" anytime someone says something that embarrasses you? If so, you should get together with your B1G counterpart @ellupo and you guys can follow me around and post the same old worn-out silliness together! Won't that be so much fun?!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exes, I can only speak for myself and the other donors I have talked to over the past couple of years. Donations have leveled off and in some cases have actually dropped significantly. I'm talking about academic donations,
My donations to OU are no longer, as long as Boren is there forget it. And I have let them know...must have worked because I haven't heard from them since I made my displeasure of Boren known...I will be glad to give to OU again after that ass jack is gone, and to think I campaigned for him back in the 80's... :L

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My donations to OU are no longer, as long as Boren is there forget it. And I have let them know...must have worked because I haven't heard from them since I made my displeasure of Boren known...I will be glad to give to OU again after that ass jack is gone, and to think I campaigned for him back in the 80's... :L

I feel even worse. I gave time and a lot of money to Jim Inhofe over the years and then he turned into the biggest asshole on earth and has become an absolute embarrassment to the state of Oklahoma. Jim was a nice guy for a long time then he turned into a complete prick while serving in the U.S. Senate. But his wife Kay is still an angel although some of the kids and grandkids are Jim clones.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know how the Cincinnati Inquirer got a hold of the emails exchanged between Oklahoma president David Boren and Cincinnati president Santa Ono... but... apparently Boren supports Cincinnati becoming a member of the Big XII per this Valentine's Day article:
Report: Oklahoma's David Boren supports Cincinnati's push to join Big 12

If Cincinnati would be member number 11.... who would you want as number 12? I don't think the Big XII would wish to create another isolated geographic island by bringing in ONE Florida school. And, adding another Texas schools does not make sense.

But, I still see it being wise for the Big XII to push into SEC territory..... so, how about Memphis?

The Big XII getting back into the Colorado/Denver market also makes sense, especially since Colorado State is planning a brand new on-campus stadium. Colorado State would also form a nice bridge to Utah in the case of the Big XII eventually expanding to 14 members by adding BYU and another.

But I believe besides Cincinnati, pushing into SEC territory comes first for the Big XII.

Last edited:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech comes to mind.
Smarter to grab a Florida school but regardless Big 12 expansion without some type of network deal isn't a good idea.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know how the Cincinnati Inquirer got a hold of the emails exchanged between Oklahoma president David Boren and Cincinnati president Santa Ono... but... apparently Boren supports Cincinnati becoming a member of the Big XII per this Valentine's Day article:
Report: Oklahoma's David Boren supports Cincinnati's push to join Big 12

If Cincinnati would be member number 11.... who would you want as number 12? I don't think the Big XII would wish to create another isolated geographic island by bringing in ONE Florida school. And, adding another Texas schools does not make sense.

But, I still see it being wise for the Big XII to push into SEC territory..... so, how about Memphis?

The Big XII getting back into the Colorado/Denver market also makes sense, especially since Colorado State is planning a brand new on-campus stadium. Colorado State would also form a nice bridge to Utah in the case of the Big XII eventually expanding to 14 members by adding BYU and another.

But I believe besides Cincinnati, pushing into SEC territory comes first for the Big XII.

Tulane gets a lot of talk because of the AAU status (conference needs a few more "nerd schools") and its in a good tv market as far as any future network talk.

Plus we could take the state of Louisiana for our own as LSU will be dropping football pretty soon.:ranger:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell is wrong with this old geezer?

The whole freaking point of this thread was that the Big 12 (led by Kansas State) told him to shut the fuck up.
It was a professional courtesy not to humiliate him further....but the message was sent.

He is not supposed to be speaking for the league on official league business.
They agreed to speak to the media through the commissioner or PR firm.
The vote was not just a guideline. It was unofficially called the "BOREN RULE." for a reason.

He cannot go a freaking week....before he feels the need to run his yap to the media again????
OU is going to get fined by the league if this Octogenarian idiot cannot take a hint.

Dude is embarrassing his school and entire league every day.
He might not get a chance to retire on his own terms.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is going to get fined by the league if this Octogenarian idiot cannot take a hint.
What makes you think he cares about a fine? Once you reach a certain age, your "giveashitter" breaks down regarding many items. Believe me, I know. In fact, the number of items registering on a older person's "giveashitter" is greatly reduced.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with this old geezer?

The whole freaking point of this thread was that the Big 12 (led by Kansas State) told him to shut the fuck up.
It was a professional courtesy not to humiliate him further....but the message was sent.

He is not supposed to be speaking for the league on official league business.
They agreed to speak to the media through the commissioner or PR firm.
The vote was not just a guideline. It was unofficially called the "BOREN RULE." for a reason.

He cannot go a freaking week....before he feels the need to run his yap to the media again????

Dude is embarrassing his school and entire league every day.
He might not get a chance to retire on his own terms.

Boren is embarrassing the Big 12. not him or the school.

Remember, the little sisters of the poor (baylor, tcu, kansas, kansas st) need a big 12 to stay relevant and will follow big daddy Texas. Oklahoma doesn't need that and shouldn't want to stay status quo.

If Boren would have spoke up when Nebraska was leaving and shut Texas down then, Nebraska would probably still be in the Big XII

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boren is embarrassing the Big 12. not him or the school.

Remember, the little sisters of the poor (baylor, tcu, kansas, kansas st) need a big 12 to stay relevant and will follow big daddy Texas. Oklahoma doesn't need that and shouldn't want to stay status quo.

If Boren would have spoke up when Nebraska was leaving and shut Texas down then, Nebraska would probably still be in the Big XII
This is true. But isn't it true for every conference's non "blue bloods"?

Boren has a point but I'm not sure where he is going with it. Heard on XM Monday that Vanderbilt made $15 million more in television revenue than OU. There is no way anyone can convince me that Vandy commands $15 million more in viewership money than OU. But they are riding the coattails of some that do command such.

And from what I understand, OU makes more than the blue bloods in the PAC 12! No way Vandy commands more than USC.

So, every "little sisters of the poor" need the big dogs in their respective conferences.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma doesn't need that and shouldn't want to stay status quo.

That doesn't really matter. This is about David Boren being a moron and ignoring rules.
Boren doesn't speak for the Big 12.

If behind doors, Oklahoma leads a faction in favor of expansion and other things. That is fine.
Discussion and debate is encouraged for growth. OU has that right and the league would expect them to speak up. I even agree with a lot of his points.

But, the presidents don't want BOREN spouting off anymore in public like a drunken uncle.
All 10 presidents agreed to let any press releases go through the Big 12, and NOT speak out of turn.
It was a very important and consensus decisions that makes 100% sense for everyone involved.

Boren did not even last a single week before finding a news camera and going rogue.

Kanye West is shaking his head at this clown's publicity whoring stupidity.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! @ the butthurt in this thread!

Hey, if you need to position yourself in a deal are you going to approach it with the expectation of getting fucked and preparing for that? Hell no you aren't, you're going to leverage what you can to get what you can.

Yeah the little sisters of the poor love love love this bump in monies and of course they don't want anyone rocking the boat putting that at risk. But, if anything, what Mr. Boren is trying to accelerate is an even bigger increase in TV dollars that would occur with the addition of more teams.

Seems like the people in here crying the most about Mr. Boren are the dongies. Hmm...wonder why?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's texico AND OU's fault the bugeaters ran off?

:dhd:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's texico AND OU's fault the bugeaters ran off?

:dhd:

always was texico...Nebraska wanted a stable conference and texico would never state that they would stay in the Big XII

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if anything, what Mr. Boren is trying to accelerate is an even bigger increase in TV dollars that would occur with the addition of more teams.
Admittedly, my West Texas arithmetic ain't too swift. But I did learn if you increase the divisor, you only get more if the total is raised proportionately. Which two teams do you think have the potential to bring in enough revenue as to not reduce everyone's share?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please blow it up for all I care.

Keep the RRSO, and let everyone go their separate ways. Tired of all the blame.

Bunch of crybabies everywhere :sadbron: