• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple thoughts: Team QB vs bastardizing the QB position:

1) There is only one bye per QB. Not a big deal with Team QB. If you don't do Team QB then I have to start somebody's back up anyway and hope he gets some points.

2) If I draft/trade for the Falcons QB I'm doing it knowing they have to upgrade soon. I'm not drafting Ridder and getting "lucky". Silly way to think about it. It fits fantasy football, where you want to emphasize situations rather than just pure skill.

3) Injury reports and the qb position. How on earth would you handle this with individual QBs and no way to carry backup?

If you try to solve the wrong problems, you'll end up with even worse ones...

i do agree Team QB is best during the season... but in a dynasty, the off-season and pre-season is half the battle... rookie drafts are a huge thing... to totally ignore a full position during the off-season/pre season is not great for dynasties...

and with so many ways of QB transitioning from team to team in the NFL... whether by trade, by rookie draft, or just by free agent signing, i dont think it works to just hope your drafted TEAM QB is going to remain good in the future, or that your team QB will become good one day... you are not drafting with unforeseen hope...

thats just my opinion...

again, i just want ideas right now we will make final decisions later... currently my VOTE would be on superflex... i think that solves basically every situation...

i see so far 4 or 5 options for us to use...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple thoughts: Team QB vs bastardizing the QB position:

1) There is only one bye per QB. Not a big deal with Team QB. If you don't do Team QB then I have to start somebody's back up anyway and hope he gets some points.

2) If I draft/trade for the Falcons QB I'm doing it knowing they have to upgrade soon. I'm not drafting Ridder and getting "lucky". Silly way to think about it. It fits fantasy football, where you want to emphasize situations rather than just pure skill.

3) Injury reports and the qb position. How on earth would you handle this with individual QBs and no way to carry backup?

If you try to solve the wrong problems, you'll end up with even worse ones...

also bench size has not been decided yet... of course if you do invidual QB, you would need to dedicate at least one spot for your QBs back up...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do agree Team QB is best during the season... but in a dynasty, the off-season and pre-season is half the battle... rookie drafts are a huge thing... to totally ignore a full position during the off-season/pre season is not great for dynasties...

There would be trading if people liked different rookie QBs or QBs changed teams or even coaches moving around. The position isn't ignored. Everyone's QB situation changes a bit in the offseason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also bench size has not been decided yet... of course if you do invidual QB, you would need to dedicate at least one spot for your QBs back up...
I'd rather have someone else's backup who is potentially more valuable with a greater chance to start.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have someone else's backup who is potentially more valuable with a greater chance to start.

Amazon Touchdown GIF by NFL On Prime

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could modify it. Everything is dynasty but the QB's, who go back into the pool every year. You can keep your QB, but it costs you your first round pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy. You just use Team QBs and no problems ever happen. You always have a starter. You always get 4 quarters of points.
Team QB sucks in a dynasty.

All good, this isn’t happening anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could modify it. Everything is dynasty but the QB's, who go back into the pool every year. You can keep your QB, but it costs you your first round pick.

People are way overthinking this.

In a 32 team league there will absolutely be multiple 0s from multiple positions every week.

If you don’t have a QB?

Your team will probably suck. You get a high draft pick and select one next year.

It will correctly place a premium on franchise QBs, just like real life.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a 32 team league there will absolutely be multiple 0s from multiple positions every week.

If you don’t have a QB?

Your team will probably suck. You get a high draft pick and select one next year.

except, unlike in real life where every team does have a QB... some teams may actually not have one... so there is not an equal hand here...

thats why superflex is at least better than just regular QB in this situation... because at least if you dont own a QB, you wont get a Zero...

i honestly dont think it is overthinking to find a good balance where one position does not make or break a team... and for multiple seasons...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except, unlike in real life where every team does have a QB... some teams may actually not have one... so there is not an equal hand here...

thats why superflex is at least better than just regular QB in this situation... because at least if you dont own a QB, you wont get a Zero...

i honestly dont think it is overthinking to find a good balance where one position does not make or break a team... and for multiple seasons...

What I am saying is that is okay that not everyone will have a QB.

And if your team sucks it is going to take multiple seasons to build it pretty much no matter what.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you don’t have a QB?

I get what you're saying, but, getting a zero at flex or TE becuase your guy didn't get a touch that week is an entirely different beast than heading into a week, a month, a year, where your guaranteed a zero

Deflating, not fun..i.e. peeps lose interest, don't manage the team, quit

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is that is okay that not everyone will have a QB.

And if your team sucks it is going to take multiple seasons to build it pretty much no matter what.

i get that... again, thats why i am leaning towards superflex now...

but the expectation that people will need to trade just to have a full lineup is not exactly a good one... if QBs become such a premium, we are going to see the most lopsided trades possible...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a milkian twist idea i like....

We draft only TEAM QB in the startup

during the season owners are allowed to add real life QBs only from the team QB they own...

so if you draft the Falcons, you are going to want to own both Cousins and Penix...

for all subsequent drafts, we draft individual QB players..

if any owner owns a QB from another team other than their TEAM QB then if that QB starts game one of the new season then they can switch their TEAM QB... but you must drop the other TEAM QB, and all their QBs currently on your team

the owner who lost their TEAM QB, now can pick up the left over TEAM QB....
_____

the wording is much more confusing than the actual rule....

but it would be a fun way to keep it fair...

if someone better with words wants to try to make that more coherent... i would appreciate it...

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a milkian twist idea i like....

We draft only TEAM QB in the startup

during the season owners are allowed to add real life QBs only from the team QB they own...

so if you draft the Falcons, you are going to want to own both Cousins and Penix...

for all subsequent drafts, we draft individual QB players..

if any owner owns a QB from another team other than their TEAM QB then if that QB starts game one of the new season then they can switch their TEAM QB... but you must drop the other TEAM QB, and all their QBs currently on your team

the owner who lost their TEAM QB, now can pick up the left over TEAM QB....
_____

the wording is much more confusing than the actual rule....

but it would be a fun way to keep it fair...

if someone better with words wants to try to make that more coherent... i would appreciate it...
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t try it

Drafting/trading for QBs is an extremely important part of a deep dynasty league.

That aspect is completely gone with team QB
I wouldn't expect you to be able to provide any examples of teams that it wouldn't work for if we start in the 2024 season.