• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A suggestion about drafting a bench. So that someone doesn't draft multiple QBs, either 1 make everyone draft a full starting lineup before they can draft any bench or 2 have 2 drafts. The first one being a starting lineup and the 2nd one a bench.
That makes sense to me. It would still be possible to end up with two starting QBs, though - imagine drafting Mayfield first and Michael Penix for the bench and two years from now both are starting. I guess the odd owner out would have to trade for one or just position for the following year’s draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense to me. It would still be possible to end up with two starting QBs, though - imagine drafting Mayfield first and Michael Penix for the bench and two years from now both are starting. I guess the odd owner out would have to trade for one or just position for the following year’s draft.

Yeah, I don’t think worth making drafting rules to prevent this issue.

Teams will get stuck without a starting QB at times.

If it happens to you, it isn’t your year.

I guess we could make a roster rule to prevent this problem. If you don’t have a QB active, you automatically get equal number of points to whoever was the worst QB in the given week.

Sometimes that would be a negative number.

But at least it isn’t a zero.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we could make a roster rule to prevent this problem. If you don’t have a QB active, you automatically get equal number of points to whoever was the worst QB in the given week.

nothing set in stone: but this is what i think is best...

im simply thinking no bench at all... and an unlimited IR, BYE counts as IR...

4 man taxi where you can only promote during the season, you can only add players onto taxi through the draft...

but i am thinking with this, we dont need team QB either...

really not sure if bench is even needed in a league this deep...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screenshot_20240617_142844_Chrome.jpg

This is only a 16tm league :Cry:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 man taxi where you can only promote during the season, you can only add players onto taxi through the draft...

If you don't have a bench, why would you need to move players on their bye week to the IR?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a bench, why would you need to move players on their bye week to the IR?

Never mind, we'll be able to move them to IR then pick up some scrub to get 2pts that week, got it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you absolutely need bench spots in any dynasty league

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we still have time to figure out the best way to do roster... i just currently think this is it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you absolutely need bench spots in any dynasty league

well the taxi squad is going to act like a bench... only difference is that you can demote players back onto it...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's easy. You just use Team QBs and no problems ever happen. You always have a starter. You always get 4 quarters of points.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just read about some 32 team leagues.

Saw an interesting work around on the qb situation

What if instead of using a qb position we turn it super flex with NO qb position.

Kind of solves every problem!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read about some 32 team leagues.

Saw an interesting work around on the qb situation

What if instead of using a qb position we turn it super flex with NO qb position.

Kind of solves every problem!!
That kind of thing wouldn't be crazy... you wouldn't necessarily need to eliminate QBs; just eliminate all the passing stats. That would make the flex position pretty interesting.

2 RBs
3 WRs
1 TE
1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE but no passing stats)

However, if you can't carry bench guys who aren't on IR, that would also solve the QB problem.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sp
That kind of thing wouldn't be crazy... you wouldn't necessarily need to eliminate QBs; just eliminate all the passing stats. That would make the flex position pretty interesting.

2 RBs
3 WRs
1 TE
1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE but no passing stats)

However, if you can't carry bench guys who aren't on IR, that would also solve the QB problem.

No. Not saying we would take away passing stats. If we did that then we’d be taking away the position all together.

This is especially good for byes. Now we will always be able to do a full starting roster.

The reason I was against bench was because of the qb problem. This solves that so a bench would now be back. Still small bench as I don’t want players to be hidden gems in a league this deep.

but again bench size and all roster final decisions will be made later. Now is just for ideas.

But I am now really leaning strong on the super flex. I think that really fixes every problem possible.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sp

No. Not saying we would take away passing stats. If we did that then we’d be taking away the position all together.

This is especially good for byes. Now we will always be able to do a full starting roster.

The reason I was against bench was because of the qb problem. This solves that so a bench would now be back. Still small bench as I don’t want players to be hidden gems in a league this deep.

but again bench size and all roster final decisions will be made later. Now is just for ideas.

But I am now really leaning strong on the super flex. I think that really fixes every problem possible.
What do you mean by superflex?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by superflex?

there may be a misunderstanding here...

superflex is WR/RB/TE/QB

but the point of Superflex here, would be that there is no longer a regular QB position...

so it would be 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 superflex

but all QB stats still exist in this superflex( in your previous post I read it that you said no QB stats, so I was assuming you mean no Passing yards)- so If that was. a misunderstanding then we are saying the same thing...

but what I like about this is that by taking away the QB position, we are now allowing everyone to ALWAYS have a full active lineup... team QBs have byes, so you would have one week without a starter..., this now allows teams to strategize more, and choose whether it is worth it to start a bad QB with a bad matchup.. or start someone else... sure, almost always starting a QB at the superflex is advised... but at least having an option not to is pretty nice...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there may be a misunderstanding here...

superflex is WR/RB/TE/QB

but the point of Superflex here, would be that there is no longer a regular QB position...

so it would be 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 superflex

but all QB stats still exist in this superflex( in your previous post I read it that you said no QB stats, so I was assuming you mean no Passing yards)- so If that was. a misunderstanding then we are saying the same thing...

but what I like about this is that by taking away the QB position, we are now allowing everyone to ALWAYS have a full active lineup... team QBs have byes, so you would have one week without a starter..., this now allows teams to strategize more, and choose whether it is worth it to start a bad QB with a bad matchup.. or start someone else... sure, almost always starting a QB at the superflex is advised... but at least having an option not to is pretty nice...
Yeah, I did say no passing stats, but superflex with passing stats included makes sense. You start your 3rd RB or 4th WR... kinda like when the Broncos started Kendall Hinton at QB in 2020 because they had no real QB, lol.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I did say no passing stats, but superflex with passing stats included makes sense. You start your 3rd RB or 4th WR... kinda like when the Broncos started Kendall Hinton at QB in 2020 because they had no real QB, lol.

Yea. The idea is not to take away the position. Just allow teams to roster a full lineup. Especially when there will be at least one owner that has 2 starting qbs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sp

A couple thoughts: Team QB vs bastardizing the QB position:

1) There is only one bye per QB. Not a big deal with Team QB. If you don't do Team QB then I have to start somebody's back up anyway and hope he gets some points.

2) If I draft/trade for the Falcons QB I'm doing it knowing they have to upgrade soon. I'm not drafting Ridder and getting "lucky". Silly way to think about it. It fits fantasy football, where you want to emphasize situations rather than just pure skill.

3) Injury reports and the qb position. How on earth would you handle this with individual QBs and no way to carry backup?

If you try to solve the wrong problems, you'll end up with even worse ones...