• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the in so far

@Chef99
@SmokingMonkey
@tlance
@wilwhite
@Barilko
@cwalke3408
@obxyankeefan
@jwolt92
@Shanemansj13
@Yellow Fuzzies
@obxyankeefan
@MilkSpiller22
@averagejoe ??
@TREFF ??
@eaglesnut ??
@Bandit if it is a money league

that's not bad we have 12... with 4 possibles

we still have @TKOSpikes , @broncosmitty , @bksballer89 , @femurov , @leftypower and the rest of the MBBRL people yet to come in

but this seems like this really can happen... even if we have to do autobots(not quite a drone)
You have obx twice by the way.

I have no opinion about it being a money league except that although it makes owners more likely to stick through a season it makes them maybe less likely to stick across seasons.

I strongly suggest the rules be simple to minimize friction.

And yes, more than a few drones would be a problem.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Star Wars Ok GIF

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no opinion about it being a money league except that although it makes owners more likely to stick through a season it makes them maybe less likely to stick across seasons.

I have indicated that I am in. that would change if you don't get more participation.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rules will be simple don’t worry. Not just milk saying it is simple.

my only scoring wrinkle that I want to do is .5 ppr with .5 first down.

might do a qb wrinkle to. But nothing too drastic

It’s really the rosters that are giving me the most difficulty. Size of bench. I know we will have to do team qb. But we will be able to still draft rookie qbs. Just need to find the best way to word it. Into a coherent rule.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am playing around with the roster options on fantrax...

my lean right now is

team QB, 2 RB, 3 Wr, 1 TE

no bench

unlimited DL spots, where you can put bye week players in.

4 man taxi(not sure how taxi works whether you can promote in season or not)

the plan when it comes to QB, a QB must start the season, if he doesn't he automatically stays in the taxi all season. if that QB starts the next season, then you now own that team QB.... But you can only keep one team QB, so you must drop/trade one...

the owner without the team QB will now have to pick a new team QB from the waiver wire...

I feel like QB situation is always gonna be the most confusing aspect in a 32 team league... but I do not like the idea of an owner inheriting a good situation by luck...

none of this is set in stone...the closer we get to finding the 24 MINIMUM owners, I will open up a discussion to the best way to do rosters...

but I do think I am close...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left side of mouth- Rules will be simple

right side of mouth- i need to invent a rule for team QB's and rookie QB to co exist

unfortunately yes.. I am open to ideas... but I think it is silly to reward an owner for punting the QB position...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money league has been team QB for like 20 years.

It’s very simple.

The problem is not the team qb. We will be using that. My problem is that with 32 owners, I don’t like that the only way to change team qb is by trade and some owners will get lucked out in having good qbs. Where they did nothing to earn it.

But if I am the lone man standing on this point when we get closer to the draft, I won’t be THAT commissioner

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not the team qb. We will be using that. My problem is that with 32 owners, I don’t like that the only way to change team qb is by trade and some owners will get lucked out in having good qbs. Where they did nothing to earn it.

But if I am the lone man standing on this point when we get closer to the draft, I won’t be THAT commissioner

This may sound crazy, but wouldn't the team "lucked out" by getting a good rookie typically have a bad QB the previous season? Kinda like the real nfl where the teams that are awful get the better draft picks than the good teams.

Seems like a very rare situation when a team goes from having a good QB to lucking into a great one

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the QB of a team that ends up with a top 3-5 draft pick sounds like some really bad luck, maybe some good luck the following season would even that out.

If someone really wants one of the rookie QBs, they are free to pay for it, like the real NFL teams that cough up multiple first rd picks (sometimes more) in order to move up for a QB

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll do whichever but my preference would be against team QB. You end up “drafting” whoever the team drafts, which is kind of non-FF.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t like team QB

Roster your backups and draft well

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A suggestion about drafting a bench. So that someone doesn't draft multiple QBs, either 1 make everyone draft a full starting lineup before they can draft any bench or 2 have 2 drafts. The first one being a starting lineup and the 2nd one a bench.