• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect you to be able to provide any examples of teams that it wouldn't work for if we start in the 2024 season.

It’s not about that.

It takes away a lot of the skill involved in running a dynasty team and replaces it with dumb luck.

I am against anything that adds luck to the equation.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not about that.

It takes away a lot of the skill involved in running a dynasty team and replaces it with dumb luck.

But wait. Isn't that the same debate about bonuses in Guillotine?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait. Isn't that the same debate about bonuses in Guillotine?

Yes.

Which is why I like the bonus.

Rewards the teams that are consistently good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not about that.

Work with me then. I have basically decided that both a flat out team qb and just a standard roster both equally don’t work well.

But i am finding the balance.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not about that.

There's always skill and luck involved. Doesn't sound like you'd be skilled enough to try it a way you've never done it at this point in your career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always skill and luck involved. Doesn't sound like you'd be skilled enough to try it a way you've never done it at this point in your career.

Ok dude.

Why don’t you ask around.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work with me then. I have basically decided that both a flat out team qb and just a standard roster both equally don’t work well.

But i am finding the balance.

Super flex is fine. I think it solves the problem.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a milkian twist idea i like....

We draft only TEAM QB in the startup

during the season owners are allowed to add real life QBs only from the team QB they own...

so if you draft the Falcons, you are going to want to own both Cousins and Penix...

for all subsequent drafts, we draft individual QB players..

if any owner owns a QB from another team other than their TEAM QB then if that QB starts game one of the new season then they can switch their TEAM QB... but you must drop the other TEAM QB, and all their QBs currently on your team

the owner who lost their TEAM QB, now can pick up the left over TEAM QB....
_____

the wording is much more confusing than the actual rule....

but it would be a fun way to keep it fair...

if someone better with words wants to try to make that more coherent... i would appreciate it...
Milk with a twist curdles.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on board for superflex and I also like obx’s idea about drafting a full lineup before any bench.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like obx’s idea about drafting a full lineup before any bench.

Even number of starters so those picking at the end of round 1 get first crack at bench guys or just do reverse snake once starters are filled if odd number of starters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. From all the conversation about qb here. I think I found the perfect answer.

Startup draft and season we use team qb. This gives every single team an opportunity to have a qb.

every team will get their teams starter and backup. And they will be placed on the bench. Both not being used at all for the start up season.

After the startup season we abolish the team qb. And we go straight to super flex.

That gives every team plenty of time to prepare themselves for their future. And keeps the rookie draft as pure as it should be.

It’s also a very simple rule. Nobody needs to interpret a milkian rule.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. From all the conversation about qb here. I think I found the perfect answer.

Startup draft and season we use team qb. This gives every single team an opportunity to have a qb.

every team will get their teams starter and backup. And they will be placed on the bench. Both not being used at all for the start up season.

After the startup season we abolish the team qb. And we go straight to super flex.

That gives every team plenty of time to prepare themselves for their future. And keeps the rookie draft as pure as it should be.

Nah.

Don’t like it.

Honestly team QB is a deal breaker for me. Even if just for 1 year.

Drafting QBs too important in this format to settle on a setting like this.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people do we have?

Should I bothering looking for more? Cuz I’ll look for more if we think this actually has a chance of happening.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people do we have?

Should I bothering looking for more? Cuz I’ll look for more if we think this actually has a chance of happening.

We have 14 right now. There are still hoop people I can find.

But the more help the better.

We are not yet in the “ this ain’t happening this season mode”. Although we are getting closer to that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t see much downside on superflex out of the gate, especially if we have to draft a full starting lineup first. Whatever problems that causes would crop in subsequent years anyway.

The Jets’ playoff hopes died four plays into the season. 32-team league will mirror that kind of thing. That seems to be the point.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 14 right now. There are still hoop people I can find.

But the more help the better.

We are not yet in the “ this ain’t happening this season mode”. Although we are getting closer to that.
We seem to be stuck on some details is all. I’m not, as I want to see this happen for you.

I’ll start looking and asking around. Not gonna look to anyone that’s bailed on us before. Prolly my only requirement.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to be stuck on some details is all. I’m not, as I want to see this happen for you.

I’ll start looking and asking around. Not gonna look to anyone that’s bailed on us before. Prolly my only requirement.

Not really stuck. Yet. No decisions made. I make mental notes on whatever people are saying and we will decide later. Now is all talk.