• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big question is whether there’s a platform that supports one user having two teams in the same league. Or it’ll be some work for somebody. Thoughts?

they all do... there is an option for owners to own multiple teams

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big question is whether there’s a platform that supports one user having two teams in the same league. Or it’ll be some work for somebody. Thoughts?

never used it though... if you PM me your email... we can test it...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, then... let's see if we can get 16.

Guys, just a one-off SEASONAL league to test this, with 16 owners and each owner has two independent teams, which can't trade with each other or pick up each other's drops.

Starter draft first, and then a bench draft later.

Who's in?

MilkSpiller
wilwhite
@eaglesnut?
@broncosmitty?
@Shanemansj13?
@SmokingMonkey?
@tlance?
@StuUKWI?
@Chef99?
@Stakesarehigh?
@Yellow Fuzzies?
@obxyankeefan?
@TREFF?
@jwolt92?
@Barilko?
@averagejoe? (just one season, and the ww will be SLIM)
@cwalke3408?
@Bandit?

Anybody else?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which can't trade with each other or pick up each other's drops.

How about can't claim drops off waivers?

If you drop a guy and no one else wants him, why can't you pick him up after he clears WW?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, then... let's see if we can get 16.

Guys, just a one-off SEASONAL league to test this, with 16 owners and each owner has two independent teams, which can't trade with each other or pick up each other's drops.

Starter draft first, and then a bench draft later.

Who's in?

MilkSpiller
wilwhite
@eaglesnut?
@broncosmitty?
@Shanemansj13?
@SmokingMonkey?
@tlance?
@StuUKWI?
@Chef99?
@Stakesarehigh?
@Yellow Fuzzies?
@obxyankeefan?
@TREFF?
@jwolt92?
@Barilko?
@averagejoe? (just one season, and the ww will be SLIM)
@cwalke3408?
@Bandit?

Anybody else?

even with the seperate bench draft, QB is still going to be a problem as there are a few QB scenarios not set... so bench draft will automatically be QB first...

SO i dont think we should separate drafts...

we should simply just maximize the QBs on the roster to 1... and IR spot for all players who are OUT... with a sunday FCFS...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about can't claim drops off waivers?

If you drop a guy and no one else wants him, why can't you pick him up after he clears WW?
Hm. I was thinking how to avoid any temptation to game it. Maybe say you can take a guy dropped from your other team after he clears waivers, just not the same week he was dropped.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. I was thinking how to avoid any temptation to game it. Maybe say you can take a guy dropped from your other team after he clears waivers, just not the same week he was dropped.

I like it, cause the options will be very limited, would hate to not be able to grab someone just cause the other team had them for a moment

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we use FAAB we wont have to deal with anyone gaming it...
I was thinking about gaming the timing - drop a guy after claims have run and pick him up the same week, for example. It can get especially noxious late in the season when not all owners are paying attention.

It occurs to me that a contending team using their non-contending team's budget to block their opponent from picking up a player could be a temptation with FAAB.

This is a little bit in the weeds, though. Most people here would respect the spirit of the league and not do douche moves, I think.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, cause the options will be very limited, would hate to not be able to grab someone just cause the other team had them for a moment
So you'd be in for a one-year test?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about gaming the timing - drop a guy after claims have run and pick him up the same week, for example. It can get especially noxious late in the season when not all owners are paying attention.

It occurs to me that a contending team using their non-contending team's budget to block their opponent from picking up a player could be a temptation with FAAB.

This is a little bit in the weeds, though. Most people here would respect the spirit of the league and not do douche moves, I think.

i understand... thats just defining Free agent and a waiver pick up... isnt it?? but still FAAB, would at least protect from the owner that drops a player, and wants to take advantage of their other teams high waiver priority...

but i guess FAAB does the same, if you dont spend any money, you can still drop a player and have your other team get that player...

but i think in FAAB i wouldnt mind as much since other owners had an equal opportunity to get that player...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MilkSpiller
wilwhite
smokingmonkey

13 spots left - get 'em while they're hot!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MilkSpiller
wilwhite
smokingmonkey
jwolt
StuUKWI

11 spots left!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just caught a little snag... Fantrax wont do over 24 teams without it being a premium league... now we are going to need a new site...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about using another site, but what the hell, I'll give it a go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give it a go if it is
even with the seperate bench draft, QB is still going to be a problem as there are a few QB scenarios not set... so bench draft will automatically be QB first...

SO i dont think we should separate drafts...

we should simply just maximize the QBs on the roster to 1... and IR spot for all players who are OUT... with a sunday FCFS...

Just make the QB spot superflex instead. That way you aren’t taking a zero if you miss a QB.

Drafting young QBs who aren’t starters and later become starters is basically the main reason I am interested in this league

We need a few bench spots and we need to be able to draft multiple QBs.

I’m in if you go that route.

Otherwise no thanks.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give it a go if it is

Just make the QB spot superflex instead. That way you aren’t taking a zero if you miss a QB.

Drafting young QBs who aren’t starters and later become starters is basically the main reason I am interested in this league

We need a few bench spots and we need to be able to draft multiple QBs.

I’m in if you go that route.

Otherwise no thanks.

It’s going to be super flex no matter what. That just makes too much sense.

The challenge is that there are many teams that do not have a clear qb 1. And as always there will be teams that lose there qb through injury.

If we do a separate bench draft, then there would be no reason not to draft a qb in the first round of the bench draft. Which ultimately makes the random order the only thing that matters. And if the random gods don’t allow a team to even start with a qb then that team is going to be done before the season starts.

Which is based on randomness. Not anything else.

I’m just trying to make it fair. Nothing set in stone yet. Maybe a solution of making a starting roster like this

1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex, 1 super flex.
This gives a chance for a rb2 or a te to be a good super flex start.

I’m still not sure.