• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk’s attempt for a 32 owner fantasy football league part XIII

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give it a go if it is

Just make the QB spot superflex instead. That way you aren’t taking a zero if you miss a QB.

Drafting young QBs who aren’t starters and later become starters is basically the main reason I am interested in this league

We need a few bench spots and we need to be able to draft multiple QBs.

I’m in if you go that route.

Otherwise no thanks.
Yeah I think Milk hit on the superflex-rather-than-QB solution a while back.

I think if we have an odd number of starters we should have an odd number of bench spots to keep the snake draft fair.

Milk proposed:
Superflex
2 RBs
3 WRs
TE

So I propose seven bench spots, which will get us close to an actual NFL roster.

MilkSpiller
wilwhite
smokingmonkey
jwolt
StuUKWI
Chef
Tlance

9 slots left!

Edit: Well, now Milk proposed 6 starters, so I would say 6 bench spots. Shorter drafts, anyway!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe just 5 flex and one super flex.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate faab for football. Don't like the qb idea.

I'm only doing faab if we run our old league back

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be super flex no matter what. That just makes too much sense.

The challenge is that there are many teams that do not have a clear qb 1. And as always there will be teams that lose there qb through injury.

If we do a separate bench draft, then there would be no reason not to draft a qb in the first round of the bench draft. Which ultimately makes the random order the only thing that matters. And if the random gods don’t allow a team to even start with a qb then that team is going to be done before the season starts.

Which is based on randomness. Not anything else.

I’m just trying to make it fair. Nothing set in stone yet. Maybe a solution of making a starting roster like this

1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex, 1 super flex.
This gives a chance for a rb2 or a te to be a good super flex start.

I’m still not sure.
Ok.

So draft starting spots before bench

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this cost anything? I'll play.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this is what sounds the best In MY HEAD AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME

2 drafts- starters and bench

both Drafts are standard Snake drafts

First draft is a total random draft order

2nd draft- the draft order would be based on WORST TO BEST rankings from an agreed ranking site(FANTASYPROS???) based on a simplified scoring system(probably PPR)

the Starting roster- RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 SF- total of 6 rounds

the Bench draft- will be 5 rounds

Scoring is going to be pretty standard... I am a fan of points per first down, so i like to do .5 PPR and .5 PPFD... my only fear is if we move out of Fantrax, i dont want QBs to get Points for first down... so i will have to look at whichever site we use to even know if we can use points for first down...

QB scoring i think has to be 4 points per TD, point per 25 yards, -2 per all turnovers

now, i am usually not into bonus yards but i actually think i want to dabble into it... has been a thought of mine that some bonuses might actuall balance things better...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MilkSpiller
wilwhite
smokingmonkey
jwolt
StuUKWI
Chef
Tlance
Jiddy

...8 spots left

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd draft- the draft order would be based on WORST TO BEST rankings from an agreed ranking site(FANTASYPROS???) based on a simplified scoring system(probably PPR)

Scoring is going to be pretty standard... I am a fan of points per first down, so i like to do .5 PPR and .5 PPFD... my only fear is if we move out of Fantrax, i dont want QBs to get Points for first down... so i will have to look at whichever site we use to even know if we can use points for first down...

QB scoring i think has to be 4 points per TD, point per 25 yards, -2 per all turnovers

now, i am usually not into bonus yards but i actually think i want to dabble into it... has been a thought of mine that some bonuses might actuall balance things better...
I vote for simplicity, which would be against bonuses. 4-pt passing TD already mitigates the QB effect. Also, since this is kind of a test year, seeing how it plays when it's simple gives a better sense of what you might want to adjust, where if you've already included extra rules and it doesn't play well it will be harder to suss out what the issues were.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simplify.

Just 1 draft. But make sure everyone knows they must fill every starting spot (yes, even kicker) before drafting any bench.

Unless… we not drafting K and D? That is fine too

2 drafts seems unnecessary to me.

Also, if everyone is controlling 2 teams, could just randomize 1-16

Team 2 would draft the inverse of team 1

So if you get pick 1, your other team gets 32. And if you get 16, you also get 17

That way nobody gets freakishly lucky and ends up with 2 top 5 picks

I also like the idea of having bench size equal to starting roster size

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for simplicity, which would be against bonuses. 4-pt passing TD already mitigates the QB effect. Also, since this is kind of a test year, seeing how it plays when it's simple gives a better sense of what you might want to adjust, where if you've already included extra rules and it doesn't play well it will be harder to suss out what the issues were.

i really just threw in the potential of bonuses to start another debate... was never expecting that one to go through...LOL

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simplify.

Just 1 draft. But make sure everyone knows they must fill every starting spot (yes, even kicker) before drafting any bench.

So if you get pick 1, your other team gets 32. And if you get 16, you also get 17

I don't think Milk is contemplating including K or D. So just six rounds for starters and six rounds for bench.

If it's a slow draft it could be a single draft, otherwise it makes sense to break it into two. I don't think everyone would be up for a 384-pick live draft, especially when people are combing through dregs in the late rounds.

Maybe draft starters as a live draft and bench as a slow draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Milk is contemplating including K or D. So just six rounds for starters and six rounds for bench.

If it's a slow draft it could be a single draft, otherwise it makes sense to break it into two. I don't think everyone would be up for a 384-pick live draft, especially when people are combing through dregs in the late rounds.

Maybe draft starters as a live draft and bench as a slow draft.

not sure live draft is ever in the cards...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really just threw in the potential of bonuses to start another debate... was never expecting that one to go through...LOL
I think it was Lao Tzu who said, "Debates are the enemy of a 32-team dynasty league."

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simplify.

Unless… we not drafting K and D? That is fine too

i know it makes things more complicated... and i know that complication is an ememy... but i really hate the idea of that first bench spot round... i cant imagine any reason not to draft a QB.... and the owners that need that qb, are likely not going to get it...

i like the must fill every spot of the roster before going bench, because that allows you not to have to take a QB early... if that is what you choose...

but that first bench spot, is not the same... maybe i am overthinking this... but i dont like the random gods deciding the first bench round....

thats why i like the 2 draft idea.... i agree that one single draft makes more sense and would be easier for everyone...

is there a way to make the first bench round less of a joke?? or should i just take that little aspect of this and take it as a loss....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it makes things more complicated... and i know that complication is an ememy... but i really hate the idea of that first bench spot round... i cant imagine any reason not to draft a QB.... and the owners that need that qb, are likely not going to get it...

i like the must fill every spot of the roster before going bench, because that allows you not to have to take a QB early... if that is what you choose...

but that first bench spot, is not the same... maybe i am overthinking this... but i dont like the random gods deciding the first bench round....

thats why i like the 2 draft idea.... i agree that one single draft makes more sense and would be easier for everyone...

is there a way to make the first bench round less of a joke?? or should i just take that little aspect of this and take it as a loss....
An easy fix is seven starters (add a TE). Then the people at the back of the first starter section will be at the front of the first bench section.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An easy fix is seven starters (add a TE). Then the people at the back of the first starter section will be at the front of the first bench section.

That’s not a fix. That is assuming everyone takes a qb in the first round of the starters draft.

I assume the opposite since we have to have a full starting roster before bench.

I also like 6 starters because that means if you don’t start a qb you are at least should be starting someone better than if you are starting 7.

No matter what there will be more than just the bye weeks where someone won’t be starting a qb.