• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 to David Boren:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Maryland paid a portion of an exit fee, not a GOR situation. OU's RIGHTS belong to the Big12 therefore OU's ARSE belongs to the Big12. If breaking GOR's were as easy as people think then the ACC would have been raised by now by the Big12 and other conferences.
There is no breaking a GOR you can go but all of your tv stays with us so... Not gonna happen.

Like I said, I think the GOR is pretty unenforceable. In the end, if OU or any other school wanted to leave, they would. The end result would likely be a pretty hefty monetary penalty and a waive of the GOR agreement.

Myth of the Big 12's Grant of rights

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I think the GOR is pretty unenforceable. In the end, if OU or any other school wanted to leave, they would. The end result would likely be a pretty hefty monetary penalty and a waive of the GOR agreement.

If the GOR is a myth, i'd think the ACC would be raided as soon as the Big ten and SEC want to go to 16 teams. As a more recent article pointed out, since these two get paid per subscritpion to their network, going into Virginia and North Carolina is the only way to make more money. Big Ten would love to have Virginia and North Carolina, SEC could take Vtech and NC state, or whatever NC school they want.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOR has a little more teeth now. I used to believe it was worthless, but times have changed.
2013 is not 2016

Cable companies have flipped the switch with subscriber flight and bundling shrinkage.
That could have trickle down that could effect profitability of the 1st tier ESPN and FOX stuff as well.

It is possible that the Networks would cancel their long term commitments to the Big 12 or demand changes.
That creates a substantial actual damages issues. It would not have happened before......

The GOR was sort of a toothless joke in 2013. I think both Texas and OU knew that in 2013.
I doubt either school signs it, if they knew what the cable TV landscape might change in just 3 years.

Even Texas might not be wealthy enough to challenge it until further information is gathered.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive seen that article and as well as some others but what I HAVNT seen is one that shows me where one has actually been broken so... IMO it's theory only until someone proves otherwise.
For every one article like that I've seen 2 that says the opposite so, my money says OU fans (or any other member of the conference for that matter) can spout off all they like but at the end of the day, they will go nowhere and like it until that GOR is done and by that time things could be completely different and all parties satisfied anyway so.. I wouldn't hold my breath.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen that article and as well as some others but what I HAVNT seen is one that shows me where one has actually been broken so... IMO it's theory only until someone proves otherwise.
For every one article like that I've seen 2 that says the opposite so, my money says OU fans (or any other member of the conference for that matter) can spout off all they like but at the end of the day, they will go nowhere and like it until that GOR is done and by that time things could be completely different and all parties satisfied anyway so.. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Welcome to the conference. Noob.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true, its all theory based but the point is no one really knows if the GOR is really enforcable or not. I don't think OU is all that upset at the league and isn't going anywhere anytime soon either.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, its all theory based but the point is no one really knows if the GOR is really enforcable or not. I don't think OU is all that upset at the league and isn't going anywhere anytime soon either.

I don't either. Doesn't make sense. Why would Boren negotiate a 3rd tier rights deal with Fox Sports if he was butt hurt?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OU is all that upset at the league and isn't going anywhere anytime soon either.

Nobody really does at OU either.
Most of the OU people are content. The want solid and realistic goals and progress like any others.

There are some intelligent, progressive, and professional brilliant people running Oklahoma into a better future.
Boren no longer seems to be part of that group. He has become this unwilling loudmouth rogue leader.

Crazy old fart Boren got it stuck in his head that he wants this grand legacy of Oklahoma being some PAC-12 academic elite institution regardless of any sort of real world infeasible execution and impossible cost.

You have an old dude who is so entrenched and drunk with power after decades of being unchallenged....it sometimes ends up this way. Boren wants this legacy and will embarrass himself in a single minded determination to get it. He is jeopardizing all the years of positive work he achieved.

Oklahoma needs to expedite his retirement. He is embarrassing to them behaving like this drunk uncle.
Thank him for the great times, and tell him to shut the fuck up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Big XII.

They're almost less relevant than the Big Ten. :L

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no gimmick Sir.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your trolling work on the other boards? Seems like everywhere they're on to your gimmick.

Honest question: Do you think it's clever to shout "troll!" anytime someone says something that embarrasses you? If so, you should get together with your B1G counterpart @ellupo and you guys can follow me around and post the same old worn-out silliness together! Won't that be so much fun?!

Second question: Do you think it's clever to choose as a username the name of the worst cheater in the history of cheaters?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Do you think it's clever to shout "troll!" anytime someone says something that embarrasses you? If so, you should get together with your B1G counterpart @ellupo and you guys can follow me around and post the same old worn-out silliness together! Won't that be so much fun?!

Second question: Do you think it's clever to choose as a username the name of the worst cheater in the history of cheaters?

1st, why so mad isn't that your goal? If your troll attempts get the same old worn-out silliness responses, maybe your act has run its course.

2nd, its very clever as you think it bothers me you called him a cheater. My name trolled the board troll, hahaha

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st, why so mad isn't that your goal? If your troll attempts get the same old worn-out silliness responses, maybe your act has run its course.

2nd, its very clever as you think it bothers me you called him a cheater. My name trolled the board troll, hahaha

dMbpmdT.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe his choice has nothing to do with trying to be clever. Trolls cant figure that out.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May I Play???