• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Game Baldwin This Weekend

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb here and just thinking that Angry Doug may have a big game this weekend against the Chargers.

1 TD would be great, but that 3rd Quarter catch and run he will make will settle the game.
Go Hawks.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a huge doug baldwin fan I think he is a little overrated i hope to god percy harvin doesnt get hurt because that would leave doug and kearse as our best options at WR. Doug needs to step his game up and do more than just be clutch on 3rd down he needs to start having big games

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not a huge doug baldwin fan I think he is a little overrated i hope to god percy harvin doesnt get hurt because that would leave doug and kearse as our best options at WR. Doug needs to step his game up and do more than just be clutch on 3rd down he needs to start having big games

i disagree. I think Doug needs to keep on doing what he is doing. We were 16-3 with him last year and we have started out 1-0. I'm not too big into stats when the team wins. If you come out and and work hard every play, running routes and blocking, and the team wins, then you have done your job. And your stats don't matter. Doug does his job and makes great catches. I like the guy and I dont care what his stats are at the end of the game

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but some of those clutch 3rd down catches have won games for us... 3rd down is vital and show's how clutch he can be... Baldwin makes absolutely amazing catches ...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree too. I think Angry Doug Baldwin keeps getting better. Agree about his stats, where he doesn't have to put up huge numbers (because Seahawk WR's in whole don't do that) but every now and then someone breaks out.

Sunday against the Chargers is one of the days I predict Baldwin to have some huge plays.
Angry Doug Baldwin Fan:suds:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Doug sees this post and tapes it to his locker.

To me he seems like this team's Bobby Engram. So reliable it hurts. The guy just makes plays. The numerous sideline miracle catches where in real speed it looks like there's no way he's in but of course he is. There was the play in the Dec.2 2012 9ers game where the ball hit him in the chest deep down the middle and he made the catch while being tackled. Then in the NFC Championship when we're being stifled offensively he breaks free (Wilson too) and gets deep down field to give us a huge momentum boost with a 50+ yd catch.

Doug Baldwin is a blank check You just tuck that away and use it when you need it because it's always gonna be good.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ball distribution will be too diverse for any single receiver to have a "big day", unless there's a total mismatch that Bevell and Wilson see and decide to exploit repeatedly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ball distribution will be too diverse for any single receiver to have a "big day", unless there's a total mismatch that Bevell and Wilson see and decide to exploit repeatedly.

At some point I feel Baldwin will start seeing the ball more as teams start committing more defenders to stop Lynch and Harvin. When is that going to start happening is the question.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i hope you guys are all correct on doug because i feel that this is the second game (personally) that I feel he has been non existent. Ill give it to him that he shows up in the clutch but sometimes i wish he would just have a big game once in a while

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i hope you guys are all correct on doug because i feel that this is the second game (personally) that I feel he has been non existent. Ill give it to him that he shows up in the clutch but sometimes i wish he would just have a big game once in a while

Yeah me to. I've got Baldwin on two of my FF teams and so far he's been disappointing. For real football, all I care about is a W.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Baldwin, seems like this guy has a hard time getting open... Watching him run his routes today had me scratching my head... I wish Richardson would come along faster than he is because I think there is a huge gap there at the WR depth if Percy does get hurt... Baldwin isn't pulling his weight imo... He's more of a #5, #6 type of a WR on a NFL roster... I don't view him as a #2 or #3...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Baldwin, seems like this guy has a hard time getting open... Watching him run his routes today had me scratching my head... I wish Richardson would come along faster than he is because I think there is a huge gap there at the WR depth if Percy does get hurt... Baldwin isn't pulling his weight imo... He's more of a #5, #6 type of a WR on a NFL roster... I don't view him as a #2 or #3...

I think what we're seeing is more of routes being called that don't fit his skill set. I see Baldwin running a lot of go routes, and he just doesn't have the speed for the separation. He's great at short routes and come backs, but not so much on deep post/corners and flies. Though I only have the broadcast view, and it rarely shows the entire field.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we're seeing is more of routes being called that don't fit his skill set. I see Baldwin running a lot of go routes, and he just doesn't have the speed for the separation. He's great at short routes and come backs, but not so much on deep post/corners and flies. Though I only have the broadcast view, and it rarely shows the entire field.

Yeah, very good call-out... The routes I was watching him run were 10-plus yards..

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was SO FRUSTRATED with this WR corp on sunday that game would/should have been a blowout. Even percy is accountable to a degree dont get me wrong he is great when doing some kind of trick play or acting as a decoy and opening up for lynch but actually playing reciever he was just ok i get that he had some clutch catches in overtime but I didnt see much of him or this angry doug baldwin that i keep hearing about. I really feel that this passing game will cost us 1 or 2 games this season because i see russell drop back look look and look then run to try and get positive yards or throw the ball away (which is the right thing to do)

btw did you guys see bryan walters out there in the game playing receiver? does anybody think thats some kind of a red flag to have the guy that we cut before the season only to bring him back to return punts go out there and play receiver? Do you think that speaks to some kind of volume on how the coaching staff feels about the starters that they tried walters out there to see if the denver D would sleep on him? I hate to say this guys (i know this is a long time before now and then) but arizonas secondary WILL eat us alive like they did last time we played, PP, Cromrotie, mathieu, powers will crush us and all the focus will be on stopping lynch similar to what denver did in the second half of sundays game and they will keep the game close....rant over

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 3rd down play in the 4th quarter where Russell overthrew Walters on the crosser, Seattle had 3 WRs in the formation. None of them were Harvin, Baldwin, or Kearse. Couldn't understand that one.