• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best / worst moves this offseason

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do you think are some of the best & worst moves this offseason?

Best:

Broncos signing DRC to a 1-year deal.
Niners signing Glenn Dorsey for the money he got.
Chiefs signing Dunta Robinson to a 3-year 18 million dollar contract.

Worst:

Eagles signing Connor Barwin to a 6-year 36 million dollar contract. That's ridiculous.
Vikings signing Greg Jennings to a 5-year 47.5 million dollar deal.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Barwin freezes Graham to the bench again. Poor guy.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best is anything that the Chiefs have done this offseason. From getting Robinson and Sean Smith (for peanuts) to getting the former 3rd overall pick to take a massive pay cut, to trading for Alex Smith, to getting Bowe to resign to suring up their offensive line. These guys have had by far the best offseason and it will be cemented after the draft.

Broncos getting Welker for peanuts is a great move too. DRC move was a blah move, a none issue.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best is anything that the Chiefs have done this offseason. From getting Robinson and Sean Smith (for peanuts) to getting the former 3rd overall pick to take a massive pay cut, to trading for Alex Smith, to getting Bowe to resign to suring up their offensive line. These guys have had by far the best offseason and it will be cemented after the draft.

Broncos getting Welker for peanuts is a great move too. DRC move was a blah move, a none issue.

This. The Sean Smith signing is probably the best move this off season. Like you said, they got him for "peanuts".

I'd also have to go with the Jake Long signing. The Rams got him at a great price. I think a change of scenery might do him some good.

The Greg Jennings signing is probably the worst move so far. I'm not a big fan of anything the Eagles have done thus far. They are headed int he wrong direction if you ask me. The news that they seem to have a lot of interest in Geno Smith could continue their downward trend. It won't be long before Eagles fans to start missing Andy Reid.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worst: Alex Smith trade, Dunta Robinson signing, Chase Daniel 3-yrs/10mil,

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats your guys thoughts on Steven Jackson to Atlanta?? For sure an upgrade over Turner but does it really help that much considering how pass happy Atlanta is?? Best move may be Atlanta getting Gonzalez to come out of "retirement"... LOL

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whats your guys thoughts on Steven Jackson to Atlanta?? For sure an upgrade over Turner but does it really help that much considering how pass happy Atlanta is?? Best move may be Atlanta getting Gonzalez to come out of "retirement"... LOL

I think it's a great move. Jackson isn't what he was a few years ago, but he's still a very good, very versatile back. He's a MUCH better receiver than Turner, and at least as physical as Turner has been the past two years. It really completes that offense. If the D can hold up, I think Atlanta is pretty scary.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best:

9ers - Glenn Dorsey
Broncos - Wes Welker
Seahawks - Percy Harvin
Chiefs - lot of above average moves but nothing too extraordinary IMO. Sean Smith was their best move. The combination of many quality moves is making them have a great off season.

Worst:

Colts - RJF
Eagles - pretty much everything they did
Dolphins - Signed a bunch but I dont like what they really did. Lost Sean Smith. Way over paid for Ellerbe and wallace. Wallace
Titans - Levitre. just way too much money for him.(I think it was like 8 mil??)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst:

49ers: not pursuing dumervil

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm gonna have to add Atlanta signing Osi as one of the best moves this offseason. I was not happy about that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So who has your vote for executive of the year at this point in the offseason?

I'm beng completely objective in saying my vote goes to Baalke. He killed it in the draft, and signing Dorsey was a great move. Only thing that would've made it better is if he signed DHB. If he can somehow get Richard Seymour to play for the Niners this offseason or sign Antrel Rolle (if the giants cut him), I'll offer to be the godfather of his children.

Ozzie Newsome is a VERY close 2nd though. I think Baltimore's even better than last year. In fact, one could make an arguement than he had a better offseason than Baalke did; but he spent WAY more money than Baalke did, so I'm giving Baalke the edge unless some of the draft picks don't look so good on game day.

Jerry Reese is 3rd IMO.

Last place should go to Howie Roseman IMO. He's going to ruin the career of what could have been a good head coach IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Despite getting Kenny Stills in the 5th round, I think the Saints have had a pretty bad offseason. Unless they plan on using Armstead as a TE, I don't think that was a great pick. And I think Vaccaro will be a bust. And they missed some opportunities ot fix the defense IMO. Making Will Smith an OLB is a mistake IMO; they should've cut / traded him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, I think the Colts have had a great couple of offseasons (I loved the moves to get Dwaaaaaaaaayne Allen, DHB & Josh Chapman and, of course, Luck).

The Colts, Baltimore, Seattle & the Giants are going to be tough for years IMO. Maybe the Titans too if Locker proves worthy.

I'd say the Lions too, but Stafford will have to prove that he was abducted by aliens & replaced with a clone last season in order to change my mind about him.

The Chiefs were making some good moves, but they got impatient & settled for you-know-who.

I'd mention the Jags & Raiders as teams who aren't managed well, but I barely even think of them as NFL teams any more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By the way, I think the Colts have had a great couple of offseasons (I loved the moves to get Dwaaaaaaaaayne Allen, DHB & Josh Chapman and, of course, Luck).

The Colts, Baltimore, Seattle & the Giants are going to be tough for years IMO. Maybe the Titans too if Locker proves worthy.

I'd say the Lions too, but Stafford will have to prove that he was abducted by aliens & replaced with a clone last season in order to change my mind about him.

The Chiefs were making some good moves, but they got impatient & settled for you-know-who.

I'd mention the Jags & Raiders as teams who aren't managed well, but I barely even think of them as NFL teams any more.

as long as you have a REALLY good QB, you have a chance at being tough every year. you'd then build a good D and you can compete with most (regular season).