• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals File Filming Charge Against Patriots

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are all looking WAY too deep into this. I work for a somewhat large company that has a media department and they do stupid shit all the fucking time without asking management first. I also work along side other large companies that have media departments that do stupid shit all the fucking time without asking management first.

Based on that experience I truly believe BB knew absolutely nothing about this and that the media is trying to make something out of it for a juicy story that they can squeeze every last drop out of. It's also another opportunity to pile on the Patriots and BB. I wish the Pats did not release their statement. The team, meaning BB and the players, did absolutely NOTHING wrong and they should not be dragged through the mud AGAIN. The NFL and sports media is doing all they can to tarnish the Pats and BB. It garners lots of clicks which in turns sell lots of ads.

Every talking head that is currently jumping on the Pats is a piece of shit in my opinion because they know the odds are that BB and the players are completely innocent but are tarnishing them anyway.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding now is that the film group was part of the Patriots organization, at least that is what was reported on the Tele yesterday. If indeed this is the case they should know the history and damn sure should have followed procedure step for step. Additionally it is my understanding that you must have permission from the team to film at their house, if permission was granted and the Bengals did not specify when and where or what they could film there is fault there too. Not sure the Pats had permission.

The league has said they will not rush to conclusions which means IMO they damn sure have something to consider, something is not right and it's just a matter of how much detail is in the film. The Pats seem to think there will be some form of punishment but nothing severe, this makes me think they too looked at the film and the procedures for filming and determined there is a concern. If the Pats did this pretty sure the "We didn't understand the policy or procedure" they tossed out last time won't stand. As the league has said let's wait and not jump to conclusions.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally it is my understanding that you must have permission from the team to film at their house, if permission was granted and the Bengals did not specify when and where or what they could film there is fault there too. Not sure the Pats had permission.

From what I understand, they did have permission.
From The Browns. And that it happened in Cleveland.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was between the Bengals and Browns in Cleveland. They had cleared it with the Browns but for some fuckall stupid reason they never thought to mention it to the Bengals.

Also I can maybe excuse the ignorance of the film crew if it really was unintentional (or at least not devious, ie, maybe the film crew had a thought that they could show how the scout’s activity during the game correlates to what is happening on the sidelines during the game)...And I’m sure the scout was told repeatedly to just go about his business and ignore the crew, but at some point you’d think it would’ve occurred to him to pipe up and tell them not to film the sidelines? Fuck futter this just shouldn’t’ve happened.

I do believe there was no deviousness intended and that Bill wasn’t in any way involved...Bill’s too smart to be this fuckin dumb. If he wanted illicit footage of the Bengals’ sideline he could just buy a couple tickets and send interns with their iphones and who the hell would ever notice that as anything unusual right?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the league is asking the Bengals why the Bengals guy in the booth taped the Patriots' photographer for eight full minutes before calling the Browns' security? The league also took the Bengals' film and the owners were given it also.

The Patriots' ownership took full responsibility because Kraft Productions produces the "Do Your Job" show every week. The employee that was filming has already been terminated because he supposedly knew that he was never to even include another team on the field in any of the filming done for any production. If he happened to get a background of a team while filming it would have to be edited and if something was accidentally filmed then it would be reported to the league.

There's just something about all of this that just doesn't fit quite right. My guess is that when all is said and done, Kraft will have to pay a fine. It's nowhere as serious as when BB basically told Goodell that he would film two steps away from forbidden turf.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was between the Bengals and Browns in Cleveland. They had cleared it with the Browns but for some fuckall stupid reason they never thought to mention it to the Bengals.

This is the Browns' fault. They were supposed to notify the Bengals and the NFL Security that there was a private production being done ""DURING"" the game.

OF course, no one's concerned about that.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care one lick what the Browns responsibility was or was not. Based on the history, the Pats should’ve taken it upon themselves to clear it with both teams.

Better to be told twice than not at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Browns' fault. They were supposed to notify the Bengals and the NFL Security that there was a private production being done ""DURING"" the game.

Seems like a valid point, and the league may also look into that

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

So it's the Browns fault the Pats videotaped the Benglas sideline? The Pats shouldn't be blamed for what they did? Thanks for the Thursday morning laugh.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's the Browns fault the Pats videotaped the Benglas sideline? The Pats shouldn't be blamed for what they did? Thanks for the Thursday morning laugh.

NO, you're the laugh. No one blames the Browns for anything. Like most people today, they can't take responsibility for their failures. The Bengals said that the Patriots didn't inform them that they were doing anything..WaaWaaWaaa. The Browns are responsible for all actions in their stadium.

If you had a second grade education, you could read that not one person in here said that it was anyone's fault other than the Patriots' once it was learned that the person doing the filming was a Patriots' employee.

You can go back to hiding your socks under your bed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, you're the laugh. No one blames the Browns for anything. Like most people today, they can't take responsibility for their failures. The Bengals said that the Patriots didn't inform them that they were doing anything..WaaWaaWaaa. The Browns are responsible for all actions in their stadium.

If you had a second grade education, you could read that not one person in here said that it was anyone's fault other than the Patriots' once it was learned that the person doing the filming was a Patriots' employee.

You can go back to hiding your socks under your bed.

"No one blames the Browns for anything." Yet in comment # 68 you said this- this is the Browns fault.

You did blame the Browns. Odd you'd try to deny it. You just keep those homer goggles super glued to your head.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

The only point that was being made was that if the Browns had given the Pats permission they too should have informed the Bengals. Is that do hard to accept?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only point that was being made was that if the Browns had given the Pats permission they too should have informed the Bengals. Is that do hard to accept?

Stop the homerism. In one comment BigKen said what the Pats did is the Browns fault. Then in another comment he said nobody's blaming the Browns. How about blaming the Pats for what they did instead of saying it was the Browns fault? Oh wait, that would make too much sense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the homerism. In one comment BigKen said what the Pats did is the Browns fault. Then in another comment he said nobody's blaming the Browns. How about blaming the Pats for what they did instead of saying it was the Browns fault? Oh wait, that would make too much sense.

What homerism Troll? I pointed out the simple fact the Browns should have informed the Bengals how is that homerism? Jesus you're just stupid!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What homerism Troll? I pointed out the simple fact the Browns should have informed the Bengals how is that homerism? Jesus you're just stupid!

And I'm pointing out BigKen said it was the Browns fault then in another comment he said nobody has blamed them. I already said that. But to no surprise you ignored that fact.

Only a true homer like yourself would think asking why a Pats fan blamed the Browns for what the Pats did is somehow trolling. You dumbass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm pointing out BigKen said it was the Browns fault then in another comment he said nobody has blamed them. I already said that. But to no surprise you ignored that fact.

Only a true homer like yourself would think asking why a Pats fan blamed the Browns for what the Pats did is somehow trolling. You dumbass.

I am not worried about what Ken said I read that, I get it, I moved past, you don't seem to be able to do that. That being said I am going again ask you a real simple question. If the Browns gave the Pats permission to film, don't you feel the organization that granted permission should have informed the other team they were playing? It's a simple yes or no question.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about what Ken said I read that, I get it, I moved past, you don't seem to be able to do that. That being said I am going again ask you a real simple question. If the Browns gave the Pats permission to film, don't you feel the organization that granted permission should have informed the other team they were playing? It's a simple yes or no question.

Is there an NFL rule stating they had to inform the Bengals? I really don't care either way. You seem to think the Browns are at fault for the Pats actions. Too many of you Pats fans think they have never done anything wrong. It's still the Pats fault for video taping the Benglas sideline in the first place. Trying to blame the Browns for what the Pats decided to do is a 100% cop out.